• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive developed the impression the the Vanish is a longer Insanity. So much so I no longer carry the insanity. If you have experience with both, what would you say the Insanity offers that the Vanish doesn't (or vice versa)?

vanish was waay too flippy to be as useful and versatile as the insanity

the only vanish i threw was when they first came out

How does inertia compare to insanity? I know, the insanity is supposed to be the "beat in Inertia" but is it really? The inertia doesn't have much fade to it once it's beat in... so wondering if Inertia has less lss yet more hss, in comparison to an Insanity?

ive used them interchangeably i also havent side by side thrown them in years so i may not be the best source to ask on that

Ive developed the impression the the Vanish is a longer Insanity. So much so I no longer carry the insanity. If you have experience with both, what would you say the Insanity offers that the Vanish doesn't (or vice versa)?

The Vanish. IME is more US than the Insanity but the speed different kind of evens that out a bit. The Vanish is a better natural roller because of that, but it really just comes down to preference. Do you like 10ish speed control distance drivers or 11ish...

ive used them interchangeably i also havent side by side thrown them in years so i may not be the best source to ask on that
They are pretty close. It, just like most of their discs in the 4 disc each classes, is just a slightly different flight path. Inertia is a tighter -1.5 1.5 type path, whereas the Insanity is a -2 2. They are gonna land in a similar place if both are thrown well.

… but as we all know there are a lot of things that can make those numbers blend a little.;)

They are pretty close. It, just like most of their discs in the 4 disc each classes, is just a slightly different flight path. Inertia is a tighter -1.5 1.5 type path, whereas the Insanity is a -2 2. They are gonna land in a similar place if both are thrown well.

… but as we all know there are a lot of things that can make those numbers blend a little.;)

this sounds right

i could be satisfied with both and i could also split hairs about both

Insanity definitely shows some more high speed turn for me. I'd say it's fot better glide too. I always felt it had some of the best glide for their drivers, one of the reason I bagged it.

I gotta say the flat N Inertia I picked up is money for my FH. I can't mash on it but a flat hard release results in a little bit of drift to the left, straightening out to a moderate fade. Getting it out to about 320', my absolute max with a FH is about 340' when I hit a Wraith just right.

Insanity definitely shows some more high speed turn for me. I'd say it's fot better glide too. I always felt it had some of the best glide for their drivers, one of the reason I bagged it.

bro what glide-a-meter you using these days

Got a plasma Insanity, went to a shop and found one with slightly lower PLH, its amazing out of the box it flips perfectly for rollers

The plasma plastic is pretty nice overall. It's got that pretty swirl/sheen and is pretty grippy but not floppy at all. The Octane and Crave I have are very impressive so far. After I make my all Innova bag I'll probably try to complete my Gyro one. Atoms up!

The plasma plastic is pretty nice overall. It's got that pretty swirl/sheen and is pretty grippy but not floppy at all. The Octane and Crave I have are very impressive so far. After I make my all Innova bag I'll probably try to complete my Gyro one. Atoms up!

im all about that plaz life

Yeah the plasma is sweet it's one of the reasons I'm throwing my insanity a lot over my Neutron stuff.. And its so similar to my Inertias it's not a big jump more of a little sidestep.

Yeah the plasma is sweet it's one of the reasons I'm throwing my insanity a lot over my Neutron stuff.. And its so similar to my Inertias it's not a big jump more of a little sidestep.

cant remember if it was on this one or the insanity thread but inertia and insanity as damm near interchangeable

Yeah man that chatter was here back a few pages... since I took the flashing off the bottom insanity is a much more work able disc for me. I use a fine file now not sandpaper.. Pro tip.

So many of the MVP discs fly similar... as with the putters there's a n underlying gyro flight and big overlap between molds. I saw in the Insanity thread that you can get them down at 155g, I'm curious I could see that being a workhorse RR replacement but I've got a Vanish at that weight... but there I go planning for a new disc I don't need and my plaz Envy is somewhere in the mail haha. Especially unnecessary, the Sunday dubs league is playing here this morning and the only driver I need is the Switch for my course...

Last edited:
Yeah man that chatter was here back a few pages... since I took the flashing off the bottom insanity is a much more work able disc for me. I use a fine file now not sandpaper.. Pro tip.

So many of the MVP discs fly similar... as with the putters there's a n underlying gyro flight and big overlap between molds. I saw in the Insanity thread that you can get them down at 155g, I'm curious I could see that being a workhorse RR replacement but I've got a Vanish at that weight... but there I go planning for a new disc I don't need and my plaz Envy is somewhere in the mail haha. Especially unnecessary, the Sunday dubs league is playing here this morning and the only driver I need is the Switch for my course...

what happens when you lose that vanish you need back ups you dont wanna be caught with a gap in your bag

what happens when you lose that vanish you need back ups you dont wanna be caught with a gap in your bag

Haha Yup any excuse for another disc.. I've got a few Orbitals in different weights got a 155 for funzies and the 166 Orbital backs up the 158 Vanish kinda... I bought the Vanish I didn't need for the SE stamp.. The core of my MVP bag is the Relay, fission Photon and Switch... the rest of the drivers move in and out

HThe core of my MVP bag is the Relay, fission Photon and Switch... the rest of the drivers move in and out

Interesting. The core of mine with the Relay, Fission Volt/Tesla, and Fission Photon. You don't find a lot of overlap between the Relay and the Switch? I know that the Switch has a bit more LSS, but I find too much overlap with the Relay. I normally bag a beat Relay and a max weight newer one.

Interesting. The core of mine with the Relay, Fission Volt/Tesla, and Fission Photon. You don't find a lot of overlap between the Relay and the Switch? I know that the Switch has a bit more LSS, but I find too much overlap with the Relay. I normally bag a beat Relay and a max weight newer one.

Nope well yeah there's overlap but different shot shapes.. Uphill tight tunnel I can throw the Relay flat or hyzer, Switch goes anhyzer even if its a touch. Both go straight up. The Switch also fades out a bit more so it does wide hyzers, fairway forehand duty and fast drop plants, short thumbers. After that it's the Photon... I'm working on a max weight Relay but.....

Played up here Sunday dubs, won the throw off for first.. Soft E Envy, Spin, Tangent, Vertex, Switch and Vanish. Stopped using the Envy for the Spin after missing a few tonals. Should have bagged a proton Envy, I got high hopes for the plasma.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts