• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a sick stamp on the SE Eclipse Deflector . :clap::clap:

proton_eclipse_deflector_winter_special_sk.jpg

Been using the Thrill a lot more . I think I got lucky with finding a used 165g 1616 Thrill, thing flies great. I just picked up another - totally bumped Fireballs out

Tell me more....

haha well, I know a guy who buys/sells used discs was there to drop off some discs to dye - saw a blue on blue thrill 1616 stamp, its only 165 and it was worn in but felt great. picked it up for $7 - and it flies like 11/4/0/2.5 I can tell its a really OS disc but this one is worn and light so it will hold straight on a fast throw, then late has a big fade. Easier to gauge when it will fade VS the fireball, since its a tinner rim fireball seems to hold straight then late fade but something about the thrill is easier for me to forehand and since im weak on FH the faster disc helps get the distance I need on a FH toss. Also the thrill feels great for BH throws and just responds well. The new one I have coming is 173g, I actually wanted it lighter but I found a white rime gray core and that's my favorite axiom combo so I 'of course' had to get it. Which also means im posting my fireballs on the BST page ;)

Good score I will be curious to see how the heavy one handles next to the light one. I've always enjoyed their light discs, usually I avoid stuff 170+ but with my recent 178 Tangent acquisitions and heavy Dawg Daze print Inertias in the summer I realize both those models fly straighter at heavier weight. It seems with the light ones there is more stability gyroscopically with an offset of 10g.
My eclipse 178 Tangent flies like my 170 with a year of use just heavier. Yes I have read it here before but hadn't really experienced it with my discs... hated my 170 Axis, love my 176.

Good score I will be curious to see how the heavy one handles next to the light one. I've always enjoyed their light discs, usually I avoid stuff 170+ but with my recent 178 Tangent acquisitions and heavy Dawg Daze print Inertias in the summer I realize both those models fly straighter at heavier weight. It seems with the light ones there is more stability gyroscopically with an offset of 10g.
My eclipse 178 Tangent flies like my 170 with a year of use just heavier. Yes I have read it here before but hadn't really experienced it with my discs... hated my 170 Axis, love my 176.

yeah I'm mainly 172-175 kinda guy - I didn't know the weight of it til I got home and weighed it. Sometimes I like a lighter disc if its OS - it kinda offsets but the fade is still strong. I just hope its flat and feels as comfy - we'll see. but yeah, now they really need that super OS putter - I'll be honest tho, I still will bag a zone - its just perfect the way it is. heehee:popcorn:

Is streamline Runway closer to Deflector or neutron Matrix?

Runway thread is pretty short, any experiences with it?

Havent thrown it myself but from what I have heard, its less stable than a deflector but not by much. Beadless but has decent glide for an OS mid.

The Runway if like a beat in Deflector. I prefer the Runway. I find the Deflector too beefy. I also bag the Matrix.

Have they run the Runway in any lighter weights? A Runway in 160s sounds like it could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.