• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol... Wut?! MVP isnt a retailer. All the events ive been to have retail vendors hustling.

I've never been to Am Worlds, but I have been to Pro Worlds (in Portland in 2014) and most or all of the big brands had tables at the Fly Mart. I don't think they all set up booths at Tournament Central every day (although some of them did), but most of them were there at the Fly Mart. That was much more a brand event than it was a retailer event. They had various sponsored pros at each brand's area selling and signing stuff. I remember buying some Portland Worlds stamped Gateway Chiefs from the Gateway table (Chiefs had just come out) and some pre-release Buzzz OS's from the Discraft table.

Sweet story? MVP doesnt compete with their retail partners. They made people buy through them even at the warehouse meetups.

Events ive purchased MVP from were via places like huk lab or GGGT.. Tds etc.

And again, part of MVP's sponsorship of Am Worlds is the giveaway of several Black Hole Pro in putting competitions at tonight's Radicals game, for which every player was given a ticket. We wanted to run this and other contests at tourney sites and at courses, but companies who bought course sponsorships didn't want that. Being at the Fly Mart competing with our customers (which any retail sale would be) was never in the question.

I've never been to Am Worlds, but I have been to Pro Worlds (in Portland in 2014) and most or all of the big brands had tables at the Fly Mart. I don't think they all set up booths at Tournament Central every day (although some of them did), but most of them were there at the Fly Mart. That was much more a brand event than it was a retailer event. They had various sponsored pros at each brand's area selling and signing stuff. I remember buying some Portland Worlds stamped Gateway Chiefs from the Gateway table (Chiefs had just come out) and some pre-release Buzzz OS's from the Discraft table.

You sure post a lot of BS. Wordy posts sometimes come off as legit but ive learned better around here.

I have one of these from 2014 pro worlds...so?

NlcL9ad.jpg

Cool story behind those that dovetails with the topic. Huk Lab was gonna place their first direct order with us, and at the time I was the phone guy for the Sales line. We had a quick chat that included some mutual respect for our design aesthetics, and I convinced Jay to give me 24 hours to present a graphical mashup of his Huk Lab branding and Axiom's Neutron style. 2 drafts and the die was ordered. That was a great way for MVP/Axiom to break into a Worlds stamp, and we did so fully in support of a retailer who we admire.

I worked with Mike at Glide (another retailer I greatly admire) for our Am Worlds sponsorship, which I acknowledge isn't as highly visible as more marketing-driven companies. But I respect his understanding that we're trying to do different marketing than most companies, including not competing with him :) This season Black Holes are the main thing we're promoting with sponsorships, and similar to our St. Jude sponsorship, the idea is to have people experience the product. Not just get lost in the taken-for-granted swag pack. We did give every Junior a disc because they're the future of the sport and I imagine they're less jaded about free stuff.

Hope everyone in Madison has fun, and please go win a Black Hole. And if anyone gets a Butch Vig autograph on a disc I'm buying :)

You sure post a lot of BS. Wordy posts sometimes come off as legit but ive learned better around here.

I have one of these from 2014 pro worlds...so?

NlcL9ad.jpg

What are you talking about Aim? You made a comment that the Fly Mart type events are retailer events, not manufacturer events. I commented that the only Worlds Fly Mart that I've personally been to had a presence from most of the big manufacturers, not just retailers (although some retailers were there too). MVP may have even been at the 2014 Worlds Fly Mart too; I can't remember honestly. I'm not sure exactly what your picture of a 2014 Axiom disc is supposed to prove or how it's related to my post.

Bottom line (my previous point): Worlds Fly Marts generally have a presence from most of the big disc manufacturers, not just retailers. That was my only point.

there were almost no retailers at the flymart. a few but the majority of the tables and booths were the manufacturers. AIM is just running his mouth again. his mom must have taken his ps4 away.

Some of these older mvp molds aren't very desirable on the second hand market. I guess everyone wants the new stuff.

About to price it at $7 a disc :/

I don't scuff my discs. Plus, I take such bad phots that you'd never know.

there were almost no retailers at the flymart. a few but the majority of the tables and booths were the manufacturers. AIM is just running his mouth again. his mom must have taken his ps4 away.

This might be explained by the various manufacturers helping with sponsoring the deal.

You mean they're colluding to exclude MVP? LOL...bigger fish to fry.

That's not at all what I meant, but by all means continue on with the conspiracy theories.

My point was that they are helping to pay for the event, so they in turn get to set up their manufacturer direct booths as a one time deal.

I'm not commenting on whether that's right or wrong.

That's not at all what I meant, but by all means continue on with the conspiracy theories.

My point was that they are helping to pay for the event, so they in turn get to set up their manufacturer direct booths as a one time deal.

I'm not commenting on whether that's right or wrong.

You mean they didn't have security at the entrance to bar MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts