• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking my new bag will be:

Orbital - max D
Signal - go to driver
F Photon - distance with fade, FH drives
Fireball - seldom used, but great for OS needs
Relay - dead straight long approaches and drives
Matrix - straight approach where fade is needed, or hyzer approaches
Axis - go to mid, straight or anny approach
Ion - putter and go to for most throws under 150
Funny, my bag is almost all mvp/axiom and I use none of these. Well, I do have a plasma photon, but that's basically a different disc.

A week from tomorrow. (July 23)

Good luck! Let us know how the three discs flew for ya. :thmbup:

Funny, my bag is almost all mvp/axiom and I use none of these. Well, I do have a plasma photon, but that's basically a different disc.

Way back when it used to be that those of use who threw MVP threw similar discs. Now they have such a selection (with Axiom) that you could make at least 3 solid bags and never use the same disc twice.

Good luck! Let us know how the three discs flew for ya. :thmbup:

Way back when it used to be that those of use who threw MVP threw similar discs. Now they have such a selection (with Axiom) that you could make at least 3 solid bags and never use the same disc twice.

Yep, pretty crazy. And...nice, I suppose.

Played with the circuit discs today. They are nice but i have no need. Spin wasnt quite as US as i expected but cool disc. The signal is damn US. Matrix reminded me of a buzz really. Not OS just HSS. Vectors for sure staying itb.

Played with the circuit discs today. They are nice but i have no need. Spin wasnt quite as US as i expected but cool disc. The signal is damn US. Matrix reminded me of a buzz really. Not OS just HSS. Vectors for sure staying itb.
Aim could you see bagging the matrix alongside the Vector or too much overlap.

So signal would be like a broken in Pro Leopard and Relay would be more like a Star or Champ Leo?

Yeah matrix i have is 175g and flatter. Its not that LSS like my domey vectors or a tensor can be. I just dont need a straight HSS mid just crush my ions and other thangz.

So signal would be like a broken in Pro Leopard and Relay would be more like a Star or Champ Leo?

Champ leos ive thrown were more tb like.

Signal is like a beat up leo for sure. Relay is a lot like a fresh dx/pro. Not OS at all.

For now im cool with just the relay when it comes to air shots. The signal will fly great at low power though and I love using this one right now for some roller lines which can be put down early and still ride out. its like a mini-orbital which due to the high speed was really hard to control while the slower speed of the signal makes it much more workable.

This might be the best kids/beginner driver from MVP to date. I assume the 150/60s are stupid US which is nice as a I don't think there really were any MVP drivers outside of the relay which touch on this. The amp/inertia/inspire/impulse/virus etc all are great US molds but need some speed behind them while the signal just cruises at low power.

Relay can handle some good power just needs a little more hyzer. I don't mind throwing it at all on 350' turnover lines. It goes boom for such a small rimmed disc. lulz'

Yea, the Signal is absolutely their best beginner, or kid friendly driver. That title formerly belonged to the Relay, but the Signal is much easier to throw at low speeds. I need to buy a 150's when they are released for the kids, and for the giggles.

The Signal was too fliptastic for me. I picked up a Relay after discovering that, and I love it. It has the same HS turn as my beat up N Axis, it's just longer. Super DUPER controlled turnovers/hyzerflips.

Still getting used to it, but I could see the Relay doing damage to several slots in my bag.

Does anyone know a mvp/axiom disc that reminds of lat opto flow? I got a domey one 172 g that holds mild hyzers the longest for me. ~ 330 ft
Cant really find a concrete answer in search function

I wont. I just think its hard to find lat drivers that fly the same.^^'

Inertia will do those nice sweeping hyzers...assuming fairly calm wind conditions. As for other MVP drivers that will, especially in the 21.5mm and 23mm class(which I don't throw--yet), I'm sure others here can provide some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts