• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know a mvp/axiom disc that reminds of lat opto flow? I got a domey one 172 g that holds mild hyzers the longest for me. ~ 330 ft
Cant really find a concrete answer in search function
A wave or defy. Wave US flow and defy OS flow.
Wave Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Height: 1.4 cm (flat top i assume which all pretty much are)
Rim Depth: 1.1 cm
Rim Width: 2.2 cm

Flow Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Height: 1.8 cm
Rim Depth: 1.2 cm
Rim Width: 2.2 cm

Last edited:
A wave or defy. Wave US flow and defy OS flow.
I actually already have a neutron 174g wave with a dome close to my flow. Noticable more us and it does its role perfect as a max d driver with as little fade as possible. It broke my glidiest throw by a long way!
Then i keep a lookout for defy if i feel like getting more flow like discs :)

Another observation tho.
Does plasma dome depend on weight? My 174g plasma crave got perfect shoulder and dome but my 167g is board flat and very os..

I actually already have a neutron 174g wave with a dome close to my flow. Noticable more us and it does its role perfect as a max d driver with as little fade as possible. It broke my glidiest throw by a long way!
Then i keep a lookout for defy if i feel like getting more flow like discs :)

Another observation tho.
Does plasma dome depend on weight? My 174g plasma crave got perfect shoulder and dome but my 167g is board flat and very os..

Opto Flow's are pretty "stable", some even OS to a certain degree. Domey and heavy?

The GL is the bomber Flow, IME.

Plasma in general tends to have a little more dome but ive noticed wt to be a factor in some cases. Like 135g/140g fission stuff.

Slower and less HSS for the most part more like a vision of today. Old mold visions were flippy and new ones much less so. The flow has a true max d driver feel vs even the 10mm from MVP

Ahh. Yeah it probably is a little slower, smaller rim. I just love the amp! I'd only thrown one flow, it was ok. Didn't stick with me.

This outing was an all day event....I think I spent more time searching than throwing. I used the Octane and Catalyst as often as I could....sadly they go so far they can be hard to find. Thankfully I got my movie maker working, so I will try to get a few more course play and disc comparison vids together before the school year starts.

My pervious best round on this course was a 57 (-1). I made some lucky shots and got away with some mistakes when throwing the new MVP Divers i.e. hole #10 (2 throws = 1060ft).

Enjoy and Throw Gyro

Spectacular vistas on that course. Lost sight of many throws carrying down the slopes and didn't mind because of the view of the landscape.

Tangent...got burned attempting a hyzer up over some trees to where basket is buried on a short <200' hole the other day. The Tangent didn't hold the hyzer and flipped to straight.

I do that same drive(hyzer) with the Proxy all the time. Powered up the Tangent is definitely less HSS. I should have known this with the Tangent...who are these jokers claiming Tangent has fade? lol

lol. i use the tangent like a super glidey ion with less HSS. I don't even bag one all the time but for sure if out on a woody course. It is a good disc for those right to left winds which keep it from flipping over but will ride out super straight and long. I have sort of dropped them though due to how damn far my ions/proxy go it sort of gets lost in the mix. Theory/vecor + ion/proxy is like 4 mids ITB.

You've dropped them and I've recently revisited them, lol. Tangent=straight. I've never had issues with it in the wind, at least on approach. And it wasn't windy when this happened. Have thrown hyzer(approach) with the Tangent at times. But in this case, I had to put some power on it to get it over the 20 ft trees guarding the basket. It was a drive from teepad, btw.

I use my tangent for a lot of shots. I feel like I get a better release on lower power shots then I do with an ion.

My Tangent style shots have been replaced with the Alias/Theory combo. The Alias powered up can achieve any of the committed straight to Anhyzer lines that finish on the same line that the Tangent does. Occasionally I would use the Tangent for more of the hyzerflip lines and the Theory excels at that. It also can achieve a lot of the same straight/hyzer committed lines but with more touch and less power than the Alias. It's a nice 1-2 punch combo where I can switch between discs based on the course and based on how much "touch" I have in any specific round.

I use the Alias/Theory combo too, though truth be told, it's usually just the Theory. The Proxy covers a lot of shots I used to use my Alias for.

Just got a Fireball...holy cow I'm impressed. Good HSS, takes a ton of power well and the fade is predictable but not very intense.

Kind of surprised it's not more popular!

Just got a Fireball...holy cow I'm impressed. Good HSS, takes a ton of power well and the fade is predictable but not very intense.

Kind of surprised it's not more popular!

Fireball is the only Axiom disc that I throw. It's combo of stability, and workability make it an essential part of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.