• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever gets the LE Envy / Tesla's in first should post some pictures and give a little review. Interested to see how the Envy's turn out. I know that my other Plasma Envy is not as OS as my Neutron ones of the same weight. Which is ok for the envy as its straight regardless. Hope the plastic is grippy for the cooler weather we have now and winter soon :(

PS: How does Plasma hold up in Winter? does it firm up solid or is it still pliable?

In real winter (sub zero C), Plasma is hard and slick, like Proton and Neutron. Soft P and N retain some pliability, but are also pretty slick. Personally, I'm more excited about MVP's slow but steady expansion into Electron. I'd be happy with Electron of any sort across all the molds sooner or later.

FWIW, you can always test this by putting some discs in your freezer for a while and checking grip.

Here's where I'm at:

Distance:
2 N Teslas - Mid-160s
1 F Tesla - 163

Looking at Inertia, Motion, Fireball, Wrath, Insanity - What would you fill in here with? Plasma? Neutron?

Fairway:
1 N Resistor 168

Midrange:
1 N Vector -178
1 N Axis - 176
1 N Vertex - 178

Putt / Approach:
2 Pl Envys - Mid-170s
1 E Atom - 174

Got my Delta Cart this week. Look forward to filling it up.

I've added a N motion 168 and a Plasma Tesla 168 to the mix.

Vector / Axis combo is really working well for me in the 200-300 range with Axis being longer but Vector being more reliable and wind resistant. Still feeling out the Vertex but had a hole or two where it's proven very useful. The round rim has a tendency to roll.

Still trying to work out what I want for US DDs to pair with Tesla. I got one Insanity recommendation. What do other guys pair with the Tesla?

Still trying to work out what I want for US DDs to pair with Tesla. I got one Insanity recommendation. What do other guys pair with the Tesla?

Insanity pairs really nicely with the Wrath, so I would assume it works with the Tesla as well. Virus is another great mold if you're looking for something truly understable.

Hey so has anyone else ever got a bum mold up on an MVP disc? It showed up in the mail on Friday the 13th,.. Haha Plasma Proxy 165g dark blue, pink rim. 3 fissures on the inner mold, one of which you can feel the crack start on the bottom with a thumbnail so it's not just colour or paranoia. Also 2 minor marks on the outside from outer rim mold up.

I've probably had 70+ MVP discs pass through my hands and have never seen it before. Damn thing sure throws nice, I'm going to need to order a backup or two.

Last edited:
Hey so has anyone else ever got a bum mold up on an MVP disc? It showed up in the mail on Friday the 13th,.. Haha Plasma Proxy 165g dark blue, pink rim. 3 fissures on the inner mold, one of which you can feel the crack start on the bottom with a thumbnail so it's not just colour or paranoia. Also 2 minor marks on the outside from outer rim mold up.

I've probably had 70+ MVP discs pass through my hands and have never seen it before. Damn thing sure throws nice, I'm going to need to order a backup or two.

Pics? I've had some that had bad injection marks on the rim, but nothing a little trimming/sanding couldn't fix.

Last edited:
Out of all the MVP /Axiom discs I've seen, only one has had any molding issues. The plastic didn't fill the mold completely so there was a similar line like throwasurge said. It should have been a misprint, but since it was a tester, I can't complain. (I don't remember which disc it was)

Other than that, and the occasional flash on the tip of the wing, MVP has been quite consistent with their products. (Well, besides the side boob Atoms)

VIM6dnc3dZN8XPDv1

//photos.app.goo.gl/VIM6dnc3dZN8XPDv1

OK so I think this might work for pictures but let's see I'm a total Luddite on Web hosting. I'm trying the google one..

Last edited:
Out of all the MVP /Axiom discs I've seen, only one has had any molding issues. The plastic didn't fill the mold completely so there was a similar line like throwasurge said. It should have been a misprint, but since it was a tester, I can't complain. (I don't remember which disc it was)

Other than that, and the occasional flash on the tip of the wing, MVP has been quite consistent with their products. (Well, besides the side boob Atoms)

Oh yea, I do remember someone saying something about that. The proto atoms had this problem, iirc.

IMG_20171015_1007381_zpspwf5teso.jpg.html

div>

Maybe now... never mind I will try later but yeah 3 or 4 fissures from rim to almost top of flight plate.. Freaky it's probably the rarest Axiom Disc ever

Last edited:
I've got a soft proxy with the same thing. Only one, but darn near identical. May have two... definitely at least one... but regardless it has the same issue haha. Too lazy to go check it out for sure

Is there a warranty on these things? If someone was to send me a replacement, or two for mental damages maybe some testers... I could be persuaded to change my name to ThrowaMVP.

Thanks August Dupree for saving me more time on that. I will see if I can post a video of my rotating Disc golf basket, it's kinda like the windmill mini putt

Owl Envy's are sweet. Definitely the prettiest looking plastic I've seen from MVP. It flew just fine as a plasma envy should. I know people have been going a bit nuts with them posting online already to re-sell. But hopefully all who wanted one can get one. I used it a bit at BRP yesterday. Had a few really nice shots with it. Happy to have it in the bag.

The grip is really nice, look/feel superb. Now curious if they will ever run Neutron Atoms or Plasma Atoms. hmmm

Any trends with stability and color with MVP drivers? Just an observation based on very few discs, but grey swirls seem to be less US in both Wave and Inertia.

Any trends with stability and color with MVP drivers? Just an observation based on very few discs, but grey swirls seem to be less US in both Wave and Inertia.
I had a swirly light blue tesla that had legit -1 turn out of the box. Even a 159 gneutron tesla was more overstable than that one.

Alright, I need something between my Relay and Vanish. Somewhere near a beat in Escape in stability IE fairly straight. The only Volt I have thrown was an OS fission of all things. I don't know if that is indicative of them all or I just got an outlier. I am thinking Insanity or Tesla, but have not thrown either so looking for input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts