• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a soft particle in my cart waiting to be purchased and I'm looking to add some company to my order. I am debating between adding a neutron vertex or plasma tangent. I'm leaning heavily towards the tangent since they are fun to throw and I have history throwing them. The vertex looks fun to throw as well, but is there any reason I should choose one over the other?

I have a soft particle in my cart waiting to be purchased and I'm looking to add some company to my order. I am debating between adding a neutron vertex or plasma tangent. I'm leaning heavily towards the tangent since they are fun to throw and I have history throwing them. The vertex looks fun to throw as well, but is there any reason I should choose one over the other?

The Vertex is way understable and not beaded. Completely different disc than the Tangent.

I like the Vertex but I also have a longing to try a plasma Tangent... either way you will be happy I think.. The Vertex is easier to hyzer flip than a worn Tangent if that helps. My fresh 174 Vertex is less stable than my two year old Tangent 6/10.

Yea it just depends. Sometimes **** happens. I've had a few different med and soft Atoms throwers itb. One was in there for a few months, had several contacts with trees and baskets and the only thing that happened to it was a few chunks in the rim. Another lasted all of one round before it got a serious side boob. Still another, lasted a couple weeks before taking a bad tree hit and the plate turned into bacon.

Man, I had a soft E Envy for about a month that survived several tree hits, but last week not even at full power, the thing almost taco'd on a tree. Has a huge bubble on one side now. I'm super disappointed in this plastic. Was loving it for sticking approaches, but I'm switching back to my plasma Envy for now.

Hmmm thanks ,I got one of those skulboy space chick atoms it's a little straighter than my Neutron really liking it for those straight short runs.. I dig the grip on Soft electron, I was thinking I should get some soft Envy's strictly for putting instead of wasting more money on drivers.. I spotted some in my weight online.

How does the Envy do in soft E? Is it straighter then soft N cuz I don't jive with them. I usually use protons.

I was at the course this past weekend for a tournament - I did OK, but nothing to get excited about - I won about 30$ from leagues so picked up my cash and looked around the pro shop- I have been liking the Tantrum so I looked at Teleports and found the exact one I'd be looking for - I felt It was a sign (or I just wanted a new disc whatevs) So I picked up a White (LE) Teleport stamped 174g - I took it out to the driving range hole to test it out. WOW. It flew like I imagined, a slightly more stable Tantrum, but dang this thing GOES. And its very controllable, I was surprised, it flew like my stable Valkyrie---but soooooo far. Really like it, and may actually make Octanes Obsolete in my bag....weird.

Last edited:
I love both Soft and Firm Electron Envies for putting, but I won't touch Soft Neutron....

I can tell you that Soft Electron has more glide than Regular Neutron. The fade is about the same, but it kicks in a tad bit later.

I love both Soft and Firm Electron Envies for putting, but I won't touch Soft Neutron....

I can tell you that Soft Electron has more glide than Regular Neutron. The fade is about the same, but it kicks in a tad bit later.

Thanks for telling me exactly what I wanted to hear.. Do they retain more hss then the soft n?

Thanks for telling me exactly what I wanted to hear.. Do they retain more hss then the soft n?

I bag both Soft Electron and Soft Neutron. My Soft Neutron is from the very first run and weights 166g. It is now getting a bit more HSS compared to new but really it holds any line that I give it. I have and use several Soft Electrons. My driving version has had taken a bit of wear but it really is dead straight. The thing has dings, dents, and some clovering and it still holds about any line I give it. It has the most glide out of any of the Envies that I throw and/or bag. I would even say that it has a touch more glide than the Particle. I tend to throw hyzer flips and the Soft Electron is great for that. I feel that I can get effortless glide out of it. As a reference, I max out my putter drives around 275 on a flat ground. In the woods, I generally it 250 and under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts