• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Jawbreaker Zone. It comes in and out of my bag...mostly out.
I can forehand an Envy cleaner and had rather backhand my Ti Drone.
I like the JW Zone, but there is too much overlap in my bag.

I am hoping the Entropy has an Envy hand feel with Zone stability. That may be too much to ask though.

This post makes my soul hurt. :(

The brothers are weird. I hadn't really noticed the putter class numbers before. They have the Ion class as 11mm, the Envy/Atom as 10 and the Entropy at 10.5. But they have the Ion class as 2.5 speed, Envy at 3 and Entropy at 4...WTF? lol

Also, the Entropy is listed at 21.2 diameter which puts the max weight at 176 for those who like the heaviest putter possible...

i think the profile of the disc makes a difference with speed also, more drag makes an object "slower" is their thinking im sure.. its interesting though considering the way they organize them based on rim mm, id rather them just sort by their speed rating if the rim isnt the only indicator..

Im really excited for the Entropy.. i have a beefy proton Envy but would totally replace that with a slightly faster approach disc if its like a zone. number ratings are identical to a zone...

"Be prepared for the chaos found on the course with the new Entropy from MVP. The Entropy is an overstable Putt and Approach disc designed for flights with a minimal glide and a strong finishing fade. The Entropy delivers as the overstable workhorse putter GYRO fans have been waiting for. Making its debut in Neutron Plastic and the new 10.5mm MVP Putter Class, the Entropy has the premium grip and durability to become your go-to approach or high wind putter. After an extensive development process, the Entropy has arrived and is ready to be disc golfs next premier overstable putter."

Now the flare needs to be a firebird clone :)

Last edited:

Just curious, how close is the resistor to a firebird? I've never thrown firebird - I've wondered if fb wants to fade out of hand quicker whereas resistor will hold straight longer before fading hard? Or are they fairly similar?

I'm finding resistor really useful both bh and fh. I think I'm sometimes leaning on it too much at times but I'll find the proper balance

Just curious, how close is the resistor to a firebird? I've never thrown firebird - I've wondered if fb wants to fade out of hand quicker whereas resistor will hold straight longer before fading hard? Or are they fairly similar?

I'm finding resistor really useful both bh and fh. I think I'm sometimes leaning on it too much at times but I'll find the proper balance

You're correct, the FB is faster and has more of an OS mid-flight where the Resistor can hold straight for a good bit before biting hard at the end of flight.

-I'll call Resistor 6/4/ 0/0/3 (where the first # is high speed stability, the middle is cruising stability, and the last is the Low Speed Fade)
and the Firebird 9/4/ 0/+1/4

FWIW my Resistor is pretty close to my (FL) candy pro FB. They are both more utility workable at lower speed then an actual Firebird. I think of it as Firebird Light...

resistor is much slower, shorter.. the fireball from axiom is as close as ive found at the moment. But the Flare from streamline will probably be very close to a firebird is my guess.

resistor will hold straight longer but have a very reliable fade you can release on slight hyzer or even throw higher to manipulate an earlier fade, etc.. also holds up to any wind, which is why i like it. When they beat in they are laser beams and develop very slow turn (i call it drift, because its not flippy) but still have a late dump which keeps it reliable.. probably my favorite disc of all time in all stages of wear they are useful.. a Servo is a good disc to pair thats straighter out of the box untill you get a beat resistor.

Resistor is my go to majority of the time, i lean on it the most by far.. especially the local courses where the average hole is narrow wooded fairways and generally under 300'.

The beat resistor fits the old school shorter courses well and a lot of times i use it where a longer midrange shot would work just as well.

The resistor is also great for thumbers, tomohawks, etc.. just about anything its reliable for im not surprised you are leaning on it so much.

However, on longer courses averaging mostly over 300+ the fireball/wrath is the go to combo and then up to and over 400' i used to go with the photon but this year switching to octane for more wind resistance and more reliable fade on the longer throws, photon is long for a speed 11 but just cant quite push it as far as a speed 13 octane which can hit 475' consistently with.. recommend a high plh eclipse octane for more OS variant as opposed to going to a more OS mold with lower glide in the speed 13 slot, imo.

Last edited:
Ask and ye shall receive...;)
The Flare disc from Streamline Discs was PDGA Approved on 2-27-2019.

"Get ready to outmaneuver the competition with the all-new Flare from Streamline Discs! The Flare is the first overstable driver from Streamline and is designed as a driver for flights ending with a powerfully stable finish. The Flare debuts the new 19mm driver class making it the first Streamline speed 9 disc. First releasing in Streamlines flagship Neutron plastic, the Flare has premium grip and durability along with a wide spectrum of color options. A truly versatile disc, the Flare will find a place in almost any players bag. Whether they are looking for a disc that can handle even the highest of power throws, fighting the strongest winds, or for a wide range of utility shots, the Flare can handle them all. Burning brightly on the fairway, the Streamline Flare is coming to the rescue! Speed: 9 | Glide: 4 | Turn: 0 | Fade: 3.5" - Streamline Discs
attachment.php

Im really excited for the Entropy.. i have a beefy proton Envy but would totally replace that with a slightly faster approach disc if its like a zone. number ratings are identical to a zone...

Me too. I've been itching for a Zone again and this could possibly replace my N Envy and Runway, while giving me the excuse to throw my Ion more.

Me too. I've been itching for a Zone again and this could possibly replace my N Envy and Runway, while giving me the excuse to throw my Ion more.

Look I tolerate you Ion folk out of gybrolove but that's going a little far. Feel free to drop the Runway like it's stamped Innova though...

excuse to throw the ion more?

Do you hate aces and beautiful shots? last time I checked it would be a No. but. but.

do I need to start posting more again? wtf is going on here. runway? you need a plane?

The Runway is a great one-trick pony. You just throw it hard and watch its sweeping fade carry it towards the basket on short holes. It's basically a Zone in traditional mid-range size. You guys are letting your MVP mid bias cloud your judgment. ;)

The Envy steals some shots from the Ion b/c the latter is my putting putter and I don't like to risk losing it on some holes and the Envy's better HSS makes it more fool-proof on straight to fade holes, especially flicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts