• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I take back the Proxy comment..

I played the Vertex today for Sunday doubles, it held some long fantastic anhyzers and did some great hyzer-straight upshots. Probably at the 150 - 250' range mostly. Total overlap but useful.. Threaded some 10' gaps, still reasonably pleased with it. Yes its putter distance but it's fun to throw and the putts were drop ins.

Used my electron soft spin rather than proton to force extra Vertex use... hit an amazing 80' upshot birdie with it and some great 100' anhyzers. 22 under for 27 holes and first.

The Wave has become a very welcome bag addition... it's pairing great with the 143 fission Photon. Did all my distance drives with it.

Last edited:
Never thrown a buzzz, but bag an alias. It's just an absolutely dead straight disc. In my set-up, it's my longer anode. No turn, no fade, just dead nuts straight.

i would hate for you to throw a buzz cuz then youll be tracking down a stack of them

Yeah I take back the Proxy comment..

I played the Vertex today for Sunday doubles, it held some long fantastic anhyzers and did some great hyzer-straight upshots. Probably at the 150 - 250' range mostly. Total overlap but useful.. Threaded some 10' gaps, still reasonably pleased with it. Yes its putter distance but it's fun to throw and the putts were drop ins.

Used my electron soft spin rather than proton to force extra Vertex use... hit an amazing 80' upshot birdie with it and some great 100' anhyzers. 22 under for 27 holes and first.

The Wave has become a very welcome bag addition... it's pairing great with the 143 fission Photon. Did all my distance drives with it.

i just was gifted a n wave pretty easy d disc maybe like a longer insanity its not in the bag but it made the trunk

i would hate for you to throw a buzz cuz then youll be tracking down a stack of them

As much as I love Wasps and Comets, I jad rather throw an Alias anyday over a Buzzz.

I keep forgetting the Alias is a mid, it feels, and flies, like a putter to me...and it's back in the bag.

I've have had a few Buzzz and tried to like them but just can't manage to. Feels okay, but I can't get the flight I want regularly.

I really dig a couple of MVP molds, generally have at least one Tesla and Inertia in the bag. Can't say I love the durability of the overmold though. Below are 2 Teslas, both purchased new, both with serious damage from single hard but typical tree smacks. I worked on the pink one with a lighter and light sanding for a while. The other is fresh from yesterday with shards of wood still embedded.

Champion type plastic is obviously far more durable but star/ESP is noticably more durable in my experience. This kinda shixt makes the PD a safer option for the Tesla slot and my beat P line PDs for the Inertia slot. MVP seems to be forcing mold minimization on me. 😮 I don't mind some nicks and scratches but large gouges generally get a disc booted from my bag, call me anal.

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_100148.jpg
    IMG_20190401_100148.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 35
Ehh, that's nothing. I've got a couple discs in my bag that look worse than that and they still fly more or less the same as before they got that way.

Ehh, that's nothing. I've got a couple discs in my bag that look worse than that and they still fly more or less the same as before they got that way.

Yeah but other plastics don't gouge as easily, prove me wrong. It bugs the shixt out of me when I feel it lining up a shot. Both of these lost some stability and I like my Teslas OS. Wonder how they'll fly with matching gouges on opposite sides, it's only a matter of time.

I really dig a couple of MVP molds, generally have at least one Tesla and Inertia in the bag. Can't say I love the durability of the overmold though. Below are 2 Teslas, both purchased new, both with serious damage from single hard but typical tree smacks. I worked on the pink one with a lighter and light sanding for a while. The other is fresh from yesterday with shards of wood still embedded.

Champion type plastic is obviously far more durable but star/ESP is noticably more durable in my experience. This kinda shixt makes the PD a safer option for the Tesla slot and my beat P line PDs for the Inertia slot. MVP seems to be forcing mold minimization on me. 😮 I don't mind some nicks and scratches but large gouges generally get a disc booted from my bag, call me anal.

That's crazy.....I've got an proton insanity I've thrown off pretty much every teepad I've stepped on for the last few years. It's been introduced to way more lumber than I'd like to admit. Most times its first tree available at high speed. There are a few tiny nicks in the rim, but that's all. Same for a fission volt, and a proton ion. Maybe I'm not throwing quite as hard as you?

I kinda doubt that. Both of these are neutron in the 170g range. Never had any issues with gyro putters but that is likely more to do with blunt vs sharp edge.

My Envies are super durable, but my Photon, Vanish, and Waves all gouged pretty easily. I noticed a slight loss of stability upon the first big gouge, but after that initial blemish they seem to hold their stability for a very long time.

i notice the overmolds vary a lot, some older discs from many years ago that are nearly indestructible and stiffer, then some others from a couple years back that quickly took a thrashing and are more crumbly, now some of the recent overmolds i have bought seem softer than the older stiff durable overmolds but are better again as far as durability goes.

Also, an update on the octanes. Did a bunch of field work the past few days since its been nicer out, the octane is for sure 100% replacing the shorter photons because i can get a similar flight with more wind resistance and distance potential, i have neutron octanes that have good turn to them and fade back slowly, and then the proton that is very straight with a forward fade and then the eclipse is the most overstable very straight with a little more fade than the proton.. they are all pretty similar but one of my neutrons is quite a bit more flippy out of the box than the rest and doesnt really fight back to a fade, likes to end straight, so that will be nice that i don't have to break one in.

My Envies are super durable, but my Photon, Vanish, and Waves all gouged pretty easily. I noticed a slight loss of stability upon the first big gouge, but after that initial blemish they seem to hold their stability for a very long time.

I have a couple fission Photons, older I think, one I got in trade with a solid gouge out of it, it made me love the mold. I have a backup same weight brand new 143g and it is a lot more reliable for me with its stability. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad.

I have a couple beat to trash ions and they still fly like Ions... I think the speed of the disc and also the initial possibly lighter weight increases the noticeability of changes in wear and amplifies them. Faster the disc or lighter the less stable it becomes with say a 1g loss in weight.

i tried the relay on the finesse lines i liked it i just like my fizz volt better

in other news my overmold reinforced rubber edge on my plaz ion has a crack from top to bottom

i tried the relay on the finesse lines i liked it i just like my fizz volt better

in other news my overmold reinforced rubber edge on my plaz ion has a crack from top to bottom

Is it an actual crack, or a seam in the overmold? I've seen a couple where the OM didn't quite fill in all the way while being molded and there was a seam.

I could throw a hundred of your favorite buzzzes and not be swayed. I love my matrix, alias, axis set-up. Can't see anything swaying that part of my bag.

So, no tracking down of any stacks of anything for me.

The Buzzz is undeniably one of the BEST mids you can own. But, I swap it out for a Matrix often, just depends on how I'm feeling. Right now im using a beat Alias (for US) fresh Alias for piping hot straight. Matrix for slight flex slight OS, and MD4 for true OS but workable. I REALLY like my mid line-up right now. Other times it may look like this: M4, Alias, Buzzz, BuzzzOS. But I'll always bag an Alias. It's such a lifesaver for tunnel shots. :hfive::popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.