• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that. And I haven't fixed my suckage.

But if you have discs that are that close, probably more useful to pick one and learn to work the angles to get the flight you want.

Oh, I agree. Just wondering if any of the discs I listed are between Reactor and Bobcat.

I get that. And I haven't fixed my suckage.

But if you have discs that are that close, probably more useful to pick one and learn to work the angles to get the flight you want.

Stop being helpful, I'm. Busy getting drunk.. He needs a first run vector at 177g exactly, with partial dome and high PLH.

E=Monocacy;3583447]I get that. And I haven't fixed my suckage.

But if you have discs that are that close, probably more useful to pick one and learn to work the angles to get the flight you want.[/QUOTE]

....but everyone knows OS mids are useless.

:D

Last edited:
I have been liking the Reactor. I have only had field throws up to this point and will have to give it the paces in these NE woods. So far I have found it to be a very straight flyer and handles power well without much HSS. For now it has a place in the bag until I can get some more time with it in the woods. But it reminds me a bit more of a mid/fairway hybrid like a Kaze. While the wing profile is not as fairway-like like the Kaze, it has a longer flight than many mids. It is super glidey unlike most MVP molds. It consistently outdrives my mids on full power shots and is easy to control on many angles. The newer Neutron plastic feels like a blend of the older OG hard Neutron and Soft Neutron. I see the Reactor being a pretty popular MVP mid.

Ive been getting similar results. Right now the reactor sits perfectly between a fresh proton matrix and a beat electron matrix. Lots of glide, very workable not as os as my matrix but still handles some wind. Loving it as a workhorse. Very esp buzzz like.

I've been trying to get some footage of the reactor but my phone cameras lensea was broken so all the good windy shots are uselesas. I'm going to the field shortly with a new phone and I'll throw a reactor alongside my proton and electron matrices. Someone just found my axis as well and I have a vector, and Buzzzs, roc3, wasps, gote, just dont have a truth but I'd say it's less stable than an emac, I get a decent turn out if it at 300+ with any wind at all and where my matrix will shrug off 20km/hr headwind the reactor will not. That being said I think if you're looking to cycle somethin the matrix is the disc you want, but for a seasoned matrix type flight out of the box I think the reactor is a nice option and has really become my workhorse off almost every tee here in the Rockies.

It's also comfortable in the hand and flies really far. I wouldn't say its better than a buzzz but I would certainly compare them.

The ohm is also fantastic, never made so many crazy putts in my life plus the thing is soooooo reliable in any kind of weather. Kicked my atoms out and with an entropy in the bag may kick my envy too but for now they're still there. Ohm / entropy is a pretty solid pairing, althou GB my envy gets some turn for shaping where the ohm just flies its line solidly so theres still room for an envy in the bag I think lol

The ohm is also fantastic, never made so many crazy putts in my life plus the thing is soooooo reliable in any kind of weather. Kicked my atoms out and with an entropy in the bag may kick my envy too but for now they're still there. Ohm / entropy is a pretty solid pairing, althou GB my envy gets some turn for shaping where the ohm just flies its line solidly so theres still room for an envy in the bag I think lol

Agree on this one. The Ohm/Entropy combo is great. I have 2 Electron Entropys and that was the game changer. No more Envy. And cycling the Electron Entropys will be great. They beat in to be super super straight. Nice compliment to the premium plastic.

I really like the Ohm, played yesterday, too many beer, did real well with the electron Envy.. I think it's still better than the Ohm but it took 4 solid months to get there. A cycle is handy, but Im not the best cycler.

I really like the Ohm, played yesterday, too many beer, did real well with the electron Envy.. I think it's still better than the Ohm but it took 4 solid months to get there. A cycle is handy, but Im not the best cycler.

The Electron Entropy fits Envy slot for me. Slightly beaten it it flies like a beat on OS Proton Envy. When new they are a tick more stable but beat in pretty fast. A beat Electron Envy flies like a Proxy for me. Right now bagging 1 Ohm, 2 Electron Entropys, and one Neutron Entropy. I am still thinking of adding in a Proxy because I might miss the US slot. I am not sure that the Electron Entropy will beat in that much. While the Ohm holds any line, it doesn't have as much of that late flight turn like the Proxy does. Perhaps a beat in one or if they are released in electron. The Envy might make it's way back in but the Electron Entropy is more consistent especially with head/cross winds.

I could see that.. I don't get huge wind but the Entropy has a "second bag" optional spot. It's close for when I want to play with it. I can comfortably drop my beat soft electron Envy for an Ohm (which has less glide, so far). As the Ohm beats in it might be able to turn anhyzer from flat, that's one shot I would miss with the Spin..

What I'm getting at is there is very close similarities in the Ohm, Envy, Entropy family. You can just tell they are all related. They're a sweet bunch.

What I'm getting at is there is very close similarities in the Ohm, Envy, Entropy family. You can just tell they are all related. They're a sweet bunch.

I see them as distinct. The Ohm is unique in and of itself. It is the first true point and shoot disc from MVP outside of a rare early run of Anodes. Sure some molds could beat in that way, but there hasn't been a disc that off the shelf holds any angle. I am curious too to see if it beats into a late fade from a hyzer to flip release. The Entropy is also unique. In premium, it is way more OS than anything in the Envy class. This has changed with the Electron Entropy. Off the shelf it has more glide than even a beat Neutron Entropy. It flies like a fresh straight to +1 fade Envy on every flight. The lower profile also suits it well for forehands. I tend to release my forehands with some hyzer. For that reason I like disc that are stable to slightly US. The Neutron Entropy was good for forehands, but for me, they were pure hyzers. To get them to flat, I would have to release with some anhyzer, which I find harder to throw with a forehand. As a result, it was more of a utility disc and harder to get a pure straight to fade flight. Not so with a beat in Electron Entropy. I can give it a slight forehand hyzer release, get it to come to flat and ride that for 85% of the flight before fading. It has great grip as well. Hopefully this pandemic will abate and they can be added to the schedule. It will be a huge favorite I predict.

I agree with the point and shoot on the Ohm, I had a bunch of those old Anode and they were great. I think Kaiserflippin got my dark purple proton soft.. It was a key putter when I won the tourney here many moons ago..

As far as unique, meh, the Ohm's damn good. I love off the shelf, a proton Spin isn't far off fresh or a beat electron Envy...

My thought is that with the overlap for you with an electron Entropy cancelling your Envy, is similar to my experience with the Ohm cancelling my need for an electron Envy. It's a 1,2,3 natural progression with electron filling in between. If it's windy or not haha I can putt almost seamlessly with an Entropy, feels similar, similar flight just beefier.. The Ohm also feels famili,r I really like it for a FH disc too.. And for that matter 1,2,3 stability wise I can forehand an Ohm, Envy or Entropy. They just feel very "related" but of course different to me.

Well the Ohm has really started to glide more, the "gyro push" has extended itself. I've been getting a lot more 20'-30' overshoots while the Envy comes out 5' short.

MVP is back to work, got an email that they are shipping out stuff again and dealing with the order backlog.

Anyone know if there are plans to run the prism wrath in higher weights?

What's the consensus on the existing run? I recall reading they flew like a 170's Insanity, but not sure if that was referring to HSS/LSS or also glide & distance. Also curious about wind performance relative to regular Wrath.

Said differently, how is a Prism Wrath at 160 different from a 170-5g Prism Insanity?

Either way, my Prism Insanity is my favorite, would also enjoy a heavier Wrath version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As my bag has evolved to its current state, I'm starting to feel like MVP/Axiom is the Nissan of discs. And what I mean by that is that every time I have bought a vehicle, a Nissan has been under heavy consideration. I like Nissan's designs and combination of features and value. But whether I've bought a sedan, crossover, or minivan, Nissan was always the second place vehicle...meaning I bought something else.

I'm getting the same vibe from MVP. I really like their Photon/Wave/Vanish class of drivers quite a bit, but I get better results from just throwing Trespasses in multiple plastic types. The Vanish is still in the bag because I haven't beat in a Trespass yet to be that understable, but its days are numbered. Waves are purely backups now for my most beat Trespass.

I really like Envies and Proxies. But they are a little fast for me to dial in as approach discs, and I never clicked with baseline Envies for putting (probably because I prefer beaded putting putters). I still think the Envy is the greatest pure driving putter ever made, but I prefer the putter I drive with to be something that I am equally comfortable with inside of 200'.

So, much like most of my favorite vehicles that I didn't buy are Nissans, I've found that most of my favorite discs that I don't bag are gyro. :(

I hear ya. The only Axiom/MVP I bag is the Fireball. However, I do like the Streamline brand; I bag the Pilot and Trace.

Speaking of Pilot, the Ohm sounds like the overmold version of the Pilot.

I have heard them say the Ohm is an overmolded Pilot.... I keep waffling about buying more of em, none of my Canadian retailers have em so a backup would be a little more expensive than I'd like.

Electron Proxy is the hot release coming soon to a store near you! Cosmic, soft, firm etc. Meh.

If elmex is still out there and throwing light fizz volts, check Monocacy's FSOT

Volt Fission 163 orange 8/10 $12
Volt Fission 165 blue 7/10 ink inside rim $11
Volt Fission 157 blue 7/10 $11

My favourite plasma "yard" envy was sleeping in the bushes last night again.. Aaaargh, I had too much on my mind to watch where it went better haha. I've been beating it to straight for over 6 months aaaargh! Oh well I'm sure I'll find it even if I'm an idiot.

I failed to add that I bag a Drift. I really like the single molds that they produce.

I hope that some of the culling they have done is to eliminate superfluous molds. Having overlapping discs create financial difficulties (lack of sales, use of materials) and waste research and development time. I am sure they are well aware and I am curious to see where they go.

They need to hurry with Cosmic Firm Electron Ohm so I can try said mold out. Yuck on flexible putters.

Also, MVP, do your putter releases in Electron, baseline putters are much more important than premium putters.

Last edited:
I have heard them say the Ohm is an overmolded Pilot.... I keep waffling about buying more of em, none of my Canadian retailers have em so a backup would be a little more expensive than I'd like.

Electron Proxy is the hot release coming soon to a store near you! Cosmic, soft, firm etc. Meh.

If elmex is still out there and throwing light fizz volts, check Monocacy's FSOT

Volt Fission 163 orange 8/10 $12
Volt Fission 165 blue 7/10 ink inside rim $11

My favourite plasma "yard" envy was sleeping in the bushes last night again.. Aaaargh, I had too much on my mind to watch where it went better haha. I've been beating it to straight for over 6 months aaaargh! Oh well I'm sure I'll find it even if I'm an idiot.

thank you for the heads up

i saw that and was tempted but im done with the mvp heartache

using up my current supply of volts and ultimately switching to a new speed 9 somewhat overstable driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts