• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the Lift vs. Inertia?

Lift is more stable than the Inertia. Lift has a bit more glide. Inertia has a bit more HSS. The Lift is straighter and for me flies closer to a Volt than an Inertia. Both can get equal distance. Lift is better in headwinds than the Inertia. I use to bag an Inertia and playing around with some Lifts but the Teslas covers most of the shots between these two molds.

Thoughts on the Lift vs. Inertia?

Lift is a streamline Insanity. Thrown correctly the Inertia is stable (-2 turn, +2 fade) while the Lift / Insanity are understable (-2 turn, +1.5 Fade). You'll see similar turn but less fade. Thrown with torque, either will cut-roll. Inertia will hold the cut roll line longer but Lift / Insanity will get down easier.

I've used the Inertia as my primary distance driver for a couple years. At -2 turn, I've gotta consciously release it left and hyzer to give it room to turn and fade. Took some getting use to after spending years torquing in Kansas winds.

I bag a plasma crave too. I love it. I only get it about 270'.... although I haven't ripped into it in the open in forever. It's my go-to driver in the woods. Made some good distance improvements since then. I used a proton insanity as my main driver for the last few years before finally pulling the trigger on the plasma wave. I easily get the wave a good 30' feet further than the insanity, seemingly with less effort too.

I've always been better at control shots over distance - but now that I'm also fighting age decline, I ride the Crave and slower discs as much as possible. I can get that stable 300' shot out of an Envy, Matrix, or Crave depending on height and line needed. I can still throw with 375-400' power but I'm inconsistent - have a tendancy to release off line due to poor footwork at higher power. I'll do it if I have to - some holes just require it. I just don't know where it's going. :doh:

Wave / Inertia are so close for me. It's now a daily debate. Wave nets me a touch more stable flight due to it's speed - but I gotta throw it faster - resulting in a less consistent flight due to my lack of ability.

I've started throwing forehand rollers with the Crave and Inertia with hopes of achieving consistent 400' distance without throwing through the air. I need to invest in some heavier weights but I was chucking the 157 wts pretty damn far the other day. I had an audience for a 420' forehand roller that parked at pin. :hfive: I enjoyed that.

Last edited:
Will we ever get the Phase in any other plastic? I like my Neutrons a lot, but I can't help but think a Plasma would be great.

Also...Proton Flare. Make it happen!

Is it just me and Dollar who like it?

I throw very few discs that are super popular...

I know I didn't have any use for it, motion was plenty beefy for my needs. I remember trying to throw a skip shot with it once and it flared so hard it landed upside down, lol.

Haha, I checked my local store, forgot about the fission waves didn't snag any says out of stock but that's good.. It looked like a new window/listing soo I will watch. 145 fission Wave, come on 145!

Da$m my other discs better show up before I spend more$ Marm-O might have had a chance to throw some he was planning on it.

I did get to throw a Fission Wave but circumstances complicated things.

First of all, my friend didn't receive all the Waves he ordered. I think the demand was way too high for them to fill everything people asked for. On top of that, the wide open ball golf course that I was going to play was closed because of rain. We played a wooded course instead and it only had 1 hole that needed a distance driver. The hole shape set up better for a Trace than a wave. It was a 460' hole that prefers a hyzer from release to finish. Any turn in the flight has to contend with trees.

So i only got to throw one Fission Wave one time. I liked the shape of the disc, it was close to my preferred Waves. It was also about 10g lighter than I prefer but only 3g lighter than my lightest.

It flipped HARD when I threw it with 400' of power. Like I said, I only got to throw once but I'm pretty sure that my throwing mechanics were all correct. Just before I threw the fission, I threw one of my other waves and it flew exactly how I expected. Minimal flip and went roughly 400' ish.

I'm looking forward to throwing more but a little nervous based on my sample size of one throw.

Last edited:
Fission Wave = domey early run Fission Photons after one round. Don't get me wrong, I love that disc and that is why I kicked the Wave out of the bag. Nice to be able to get a stock run of these since the newer Fission Photons need some breaking in before they start getting good turn or hyzer-flip qualities. Now I wish there was a Fission Octane or Nitro.

I did get to throw a Fission Wave but circumstances complicated things.

First of all, my friend didn't receive all the Waves he ordered. I think the demand was way too high for them to fill everything people asked for. On top of that, the wide open ball golf course that I was going to play was closed because of rain. We played a wooded course instead and it only had 1 hole that needed a distance driver. The hole shape set up better for a Trace than a wave. It was a 460' hole that prefers a hyzer from release to finish. Any turn in the flight has to contend with trees.

So i only got to throw one Fission Wave one time. I liked the shape of the disc, it was close to my preferred Waves. It was also about 10g lighter than I prefer but only 3g lighter than my lightest.

It flipped HARD when I threw it with 400' of power. Like I said, I only got to throw once but I'm pretty sure that my throwing mechanics were all correct. Just before I threw the fission, I threw one of my other waves and it flew exactly how I expected. Minimal flip and went roughly 400' ish.

I'm looking forward to throwing more but a little nervous based on my sample size of one throw.

That's actually kinda what I was hoping for. I can't really throw semi-OS discs for distance anymore. I'm gonna have to retool my distance game once I start playing again from a flex shot to hyzer flipping with light flippy discs. My shoulder just can't take the torque.

My doubles partner today had a very MVP bag. He's newer to the game and was throwing a N Tesla and a P Atom a ton.

I played with a couple groups of randos today and almost all of them bagged a bunch of MVP. It was cool to see in the wild.

Servo, Atoms, Anodes and Volts were very common.

I feel like the Atom is the quiet putter for the brand.
Lots of people use it but aren't as outspoken as the Pilot/Envy/Ohm/Proxy people.

Personally, I think its a great mold. After using it a bit this weekend, the Atom let me know that it deserves a larger role in the bag.

Lots of people use it but aren't as outspoken as the Pilot/Envy/Ohm/Proxy people.

Personally, I think its a great mold. After using it a bit this weekend, the Atom let me know that it deserves a larger role in the bag.

I hear you on the Atom. The issue is that Atom/Envy/Proxy are so darn close in terms of usage. Since they all share the same core, the most distinguishing flights are when they are new. In the circle, I think it comes to preference. Off the tee, the Atom seems to have slight more glide, but in the end, the Envy and Proxy are extremely close. I think it comes down to MVP all black rim versus Axion colored rim. For me, the earlier issues I had with the Atom was the quality of the Electron plastic. I am curious how the Atoms will fly with the newer Proxy Electron plastic.

I am curious how the Atoms will fly with the newer Proxy Electron plastic.
Excellent.
That's what I used in my round on Saturday. I have both Cosmic E firm and soft. Either is laser straight with absolutely minimal fade. I had several controlled laser beam shots that landed at 300'... and I didn't even feel like I was trying to throw them 300'.

It's a fun mold for sure... at least in the Cosmic Electron I have; now I really want to try the other plastics.

I feel this way about the Anode too. I've never seen one suggested for anything by anyone (other than myself). I putt them and also throw them off the tee. I was excited when I seen Sias was putting them, made me feel less alone in the world lol

I feel this way about the Anode too. I've never seen one suggested for anything by anyone (other than myself). I putt them and also throw them off the tee. I was excited when I seen Sias was putting them, made me feel less alone in the world lol
Castro too.
Anode was my first favorite Gyro putter because se it was similar to an Aviar PandA

Status
Not open for further replies.