• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I've been loving the Insanity. Is there a similar disc in the lineup that has a touch more HSS and headwind resistance?

Recently I've been loving the Insanity. Is there a similar disc in the lineup that has a touch more HSS and headwind resistance?
Streamline Lift is the next bump up from the Insanity/Inertia in the MVP family. Wrath and Tesla are both quite a bit more stable.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I have a Lift but I don't find it that much more turn resistant. I'm looking for a good bump in HSS. I'm going to keep an eye out for a Wrath to try, thanks for the recommendation. I play a 430' headwind shot pretty often with a full length right side OB. It's perfect for testing this slot.

Dang it, I just bought backup Envies in Plasma. Eclipse Envies are my favorite. Buy 'em anyway?

I found my 165 proton is straighter than my 155 neutron inertia.. I'm trying to work an insanity into the mix and I use a couple Teslas with the right weights in fission I can do a lot 155 and 163 fills the gap for me. Or just a single 157 neutron for middle ground, no plasma tesla unless you throw overhand.

People keep saying the Trace is the missing link between Wave and Photon.

I need to find a 164 Trace.

Streamline Lift is the next bump up from the Insanity/Inertia in the MVP family. Wrath and Tesla are both quite a bit more stable.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I have a Lift but I don't find it that much more turn resistant. I'm looking for a good bump in HSS. I'm going to keep an eye out for a Wrath to try, thanks for the recommendation. I play a 430' headwind shot pretty often with a full length right side OB. It's perfect for testing this slot.

My finding is the lineup is for HSS - Wrath - Tesla - Inertia - Lift - Insanity. I no longer have 430' power (at this point, I'm lucky I have 350' power) but for that type of shot, I'd throw a Wrath (or step up a speed and throw a Defy).

Envy 2.0 is being released! I pre-ordered 2.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I knew they would do that, but I bought two backup glow anyhow from the first run.. They are pretty awesome!!!!!! Now I need two more 2.0 for night rounds :D the reactor glows all night!!!

(or step up a speed and throw a Defy).

If the wind is bad enough, I throw my Discraft Punisher (12spd), it's the only distance driver that's ever been comfortable to me. I'm trying to get away from larger rims as they just don't give me the best release with my grip. As soon as I see a Wrath in store I'm snagging a couple to try out.

I love my Insanity/Wrath combo. It was what I would have suggested. They pair together great. I'm not throwing 400' though (max about 375' on a good pull with a Wave), so you may experience something a little different.

For those that have thrown both - how does the insanity compare to the mantis? My primary 'want' in terms of flight in my bag is that mantis flight (some turn, some fade, not too much of either where working multiple angles is tough) but with a mold that is actually in stock - and a mold that I can pick up locally

Just pulled two MVP Axis' from the closet yesterday to give them a test run for my mid slot that I can power up. Really liked the way they fly, does MVP still make these? Or a similar mold under a different name?

I've read some of these posts and still have a question about MVP/Axiom discs.

Since they are 'gyro' discs, is there anything different in the way they have to be thrown versus other discs?

I've bought some MVP/Axion discs as I thought they might give me more speed/distance over a non-gyro disc with the same numbers. But I find the MVP/Axiom discs just don't fly as well thrown the same way. I really wanted to like/use MVP/Axiom as they are flatter top discs (in a lot of cases) which work best for my forehand....but they are still sitting in my closet. I take them out every now and then for testing in a field...but they end up back in the closet.

For example...Inertia (9/5/-2/2) vs Valkyrie (9/4/-2/2). The Valkyrie is more consistent and gets more distance than the Inertia. Same with a Resistor and Rival....the Rival performs way better than the Resistor. It makes me think I must be doing something wrong when I throw a MVP/Axiom disc. Or maybe gyro discs just aren't for me.

Just pulled two MVP Axis' from the closet yesterday to give them a test run for my mid slot that I can power up. Really liked the way they fly, does MVP still make these? Or a similar mold under a different name?

Unfortunately they are oop but the reactor or matrix is the replacement.

In answer to BillF.. Yeah gyro discs are pretty unforgiving if you are throwing nose up they don't like it. Generally I would say the speed rating should be a notch or two higher and that most people would benefit with going 5-7g less than normal. The coolest thing is the way light weight discs still maintain a very usable stability. I often think back to my first Ion/mvp disc, I couldn't throw it worth a crap! Everyone here was raving about it and I'm like wtf but I kept at it, I used to have a lot of nose up issues.

Unfortunately they are oop but the reactor or matrix is the replacement.

I haven't thrown a reactor yet, but I'm guessing that's more the direct replacement than the matrix. I actually bag both a proton matrix and a plasma axis.

I say that but.... My replacement plan for my axis is a electron matrix. My proton matrix is quite a bit more stable than my axis. However, electron is supposed to be mellower, and if nothing else, could wear into that spot.

So, in conclusion, reactor or electron matrix are probably your best bets.

I say that but.... My replacement plan for my axis is a electron matrix. My proton matrix is quite a bit more stable than my axis. However, electron is supposed to be mellower, and if nothing else, could wear into that spot.

My experience is that the Electron Matrix has about a -1 turn and wears to a near 0 fade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts