• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

New Disc just got PDGA approved! congrats to MVP!

MVP Volt Driver

Here is a link to the new Disc: http://www.mvpdiscsports.com/?page_id=730

Thanks for posting the video. Yup, those are some Ion tosses. I always liked the way MVP discs fly, but can't stand the way they feel compared to other plastic blends. I'll be looking forward to fondling the new plastic line and trying out the Neutron Volt, Axis, and Vector [someday].

JR said:
How is the grip? Would you say they fly the same for you as clear Proton Ions?

Compared to a regular Proton they seemed a hair grippier. I think they glided a touch better too but the flight otherwise felt exactly how I'd expect from an Ion.

Mike C said:
JR said:
How is the grip? Would you say they fly the same for you as clear Proton Ions?

Compared to a regular Proton they seemed a hair grippier. I think they glided a touch better too but the flight otherwise felt exactly how I'd expect from an Ion.

This is a good description. They don't really feel like star/ESP, more like the old milky colored Ions.

I've been away from throwing MVP plastic for a while, but considering Anodes or Ions for a driving putter.

What I remember about Ions is that they really carry some distance, hold the angle of release, work well in the wind, and gliiiide. How do Anodes compare?

Superior glide, easier annys and easier dead straight with no fade shots. Pinch less wind fighting and they sometimes flatten out of shallow hyzer releases until they fade but I wouldn't call them flippy. They also feel a slight bit faster.

Mike C said:
Superior glide, easier annys and easier dead straight with no fade shots. Pinch less wind fighting and they sometimes flatten out of shallow hyzer releases until they fade but I wouldn't call them flippy. They also feel a slight bit faster.

Thanks! Is there going to be a noted difference in flight and durability between Neutron vs. Proton plastic?

From my perspective the Anodes are what the early IONs were, except more so. Early IONs were above all straight, glidey and sort of fast (easy distance), and while they do go left and right with hyzer and anhyzer, they push through more than most. Anodes are straighter, glidier and perhaps faster, and also push through a bit more than even the early IONs. They're more HSS and OAT/wind tolerant too, at least for me. Love them.

Fightingthetide said:
Mike C said:

Thanks! Is there going to be a noted difference in flight and durability between Neutron vs. Proton plastic?

If the Ion is any indicator then the flights are going to be quite similar and the durability is similar as well. If anything the neutron feels like it shrinks a bit more as my N Ion seems slightly faster than my P Ions.

I just got a couple of the new Neutron Anodes. After a bit of field work I've concluded that they are the fastest, straightest, and longest putter drivers yet from MVP. Similar to the N Ions, the N Anodes feel as though the cores shrank up a bit more out of the mold.

well I played a quick 18 on the pitch and putt loop near work at lunch (what an awkward sentence). I used only my Glow ION. oh man that is a great putting putter (for me anyway). I also had some success with other shots.

now my questions are:
1.) will the Neutron plastic do better in wet conditions?
2.) do I need to try an Anode? if yes, which plastic?
3.) I'm curious about the Axis? Which plastic should I try first?

P.S. I have been a Pure fanboy for a solid year now. but lately it has felt weird.

Mike C said:
This sums it up for me, plus the most important difference for me being the comfort of the grip. The Anode has a more shallow grip making it more comfertable for me. Could have been a mental thing, but I often had a finger catch the bead of the Ion throwing it off line. I'd be totally happy with the Anode as my main putter if they only offered a base plastic version of it. They still are my main putter for the moment but I've got some EZE Pures coming to audition for the spot with an Opto counterpart for driving.

Mike, do you know/could you say if MVP are considering more understable discs? I would be really interested in out-of-the-box understable midranges (and drivers) with MVPs consistency, durability and gyro effect...

Latest posts