• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI -- some people might not be seeing the Volt in full glory. if you don't see a huge photo of the Volt on the homepage of the MVP site, just do a page refresh.

I was wondering if the proton was giving them design difficulty with driver development as far as making it come out in the right weight range. I suspect that they couldn't do it in proton because of the added density of the overmold material, so they had to change core material. Purely speculation, but it makes sense and they currently haven't been able to reduce weights by any appreciable amount in their other molds.

I'd love to see some less stable molds from them, but the more I throw what they already have and the more I think about the gyro tech, it may not make much sense to do it.

Also, the stamp for the Volt is absolutely lame. Doesn't seem to fit in any way with their other stamps, and it's so empty.

Also, the stamp for the Volt is absolutely lame. Doesn't seem to fit in any way with their other stamps, and it's so empty.
as with Eclipse, Neutron plastic has a standardized stamp and we wanted it clean. Proton stamps have unique graphics for each model, so in that regard, you haven't seen the actual Volt stamp. it's the Neutron stamp you hate.

as with Eclipse, Neutron plastic has a standardized stamp and we wanted it clean. Proton stamps have unique graphics for each model, so in that regard, you haven't seen the actual Volt stamp. it's the Neutron stamp you hate.

Ok...well then...the neutron stamp is lame. lol :)

I don't mean to slam it really, and my apologies to you if you designed it for them. It does just look out of place, but you're right about the different stamp styles and I hadn't stopped to think about that.

i was just about to ask if that was the case. i like it, it's clean as you said.

now the thing i didn't get answered in the other thread, is that a slightly convex inner rim as that profile pic seems to indicate?

Ok...well then...the neutron stamp is lame. lol :)

I don't mean to slam it really, and my apologies to you if you designed it for them. It does just look out of place, but you're right about the different stamp styles and I hadn't stopped to think about that.
I designed it with them and no offense taken.

What he said:

I am firstly excited to announce the PDGA approval of the Volt, our first driver.

The Volt is our stable controllable distance driver. This driver will be great for long driving lines where accuracy and dependability is needed. Our aim for this driver is a disc that is great for both controlled distance and powered-down driving lines. As our first driver release, we feel that this disc will cover a large range of our lineup.

In addition to our first driver, we have also just finished developing our new polymer series called Neutron, first being debuted in the Volt. The Neutron blend shares similar characteristics as Proton, but with some different additives mixed into the recipe and new opaque colors to offer a premium look and feel. The unique Neutron blend will consist of a large variety of bright easy-to-find fluorescent colors.

Stay tuned for Neutron to be debuted in other models as well.

Check out more details on our website: http://www.mvpdiscsports.com/

Cheers,
Chad Richardson and the MVP Disc Sports Team

What I heard:

images

now the thing i didn't get answered in the other thread, is that a slightly convex inner rim as that profile pic seems to indicate?

in addition to that question. will neutron plastic come in regular and soft?

At first I was like sweet a driver and bringing back the opaque plastic, but the standardized stamp has me put off, I like different stamps :(
I'm sure you'll be able to get them blank as well.

Just to be clear, "Neutron" is a new plastic which happens to be opaque. It's not the opaque Proton they had before. Please don't take this as a harsh correction or anything. I'd just hate to see others assume the wrong thing.

My hope is that the published 168-175g range means there are a lot of discs available around 168g. Brad and Chad make excellent discs but they really need to pump out the 160g range when getting into drivers.

I think the Neutron stamp looks fine, fairly plain, which I like. What is going to be the difference in Neutron and Proton though?

And I hope I can get one at 168 or lighter or I'm out.

Yeah, 168 is a good start. But plenty of people throw in the mid-to-low 160s, so hopefully they will be able to produce them there at some point.

Don't think the are any understable axis. It is oat, unless it's beat. Those things are stable. Ups has a beat one I've seen fly understable, but it definately has some mileage on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.