• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This...

I'm screwing around with the different plastics with my Ions...

I haven't found anything that I like the flight (throwing) of as much as that softer first?/early run Proton, the ones that are soft but don't say "soft" on them. I also find the FR softies to be more OS...? At least, they're less likely to roll over on me...maybe they're just a bit more forgiving.

Right now I have one FR and a new one that's labelled "soft." Hard to tell how they compare since the old one is fairly scuffed up.

The first softs run after the Ion mold was retooled are what you are referring to I believe. I have a green one (original Ion stamp, smooth bottom) and it's definitely one of my most overstable softs.

I just got my first Vector in the mail today a 175g stormtrooper, It seems REALLY flat, so that means it's not gonna be to overstable? will it be closer to my slightly domey black axis of the same weight?

And just for reference can someone post a picture of what is considered super flat,slight dome, and super domey? I only have 1 of each so it's hard to compare.

I just got my first Vector in the mail today a 175g stormtrooper, It seems REALLY flat, so that means it's not gonna be to overstable? will it be closer to my slightly domey black axis of the same weight?

And just for reference can someone post a picture of what is considered super flat,slight dome, and super domey? I only have 1 of each so it's hard to compare.

Just throw it.. i have a board flat vector that has high PLH and its real overstable, most OS vector i own.. fights wind like a champ too.

Its PLH more than anything

The first softs run after the Ion mold was retooled are what you are referring to I believe. I have a green one (original Ion stamp, smooth bottom) and it's definitely one of my most overstable softs.

Cool, thanks for the info...

I've got about 10 Ions at this point, including new unthrown Neutron and new Soft Proton. Hopefully today I'll get out of the office early enough to go air them out.

I really try to avoid getting hooked on OOP or limited run discs. Hopefully this won't be one of those deals.

The slight dome on the Vector(s)...

Are we talking about very slight, and comes to a point in the center, like a nip?

If you're reply to me..It was my axis that has a slight dome and my vector that is super flat. The vector actually has dimple in the middle, while the slightly domed axis has a bit of a nip.

My favorite Ions are the Orange Eclipse 173g, its probably just in my head but i make alot more putts with my eclipse.. love my black neutron also

My Neutron Vector has a slight dome and comes to a point in the center. I would not call it overstable at all, but it always fades on a clean throw. It flies very similar to my Neutron Axis, but on lower lines. I.E. if I give my Axis more height it will fly similarly to the Vector where as normally it has a tendency to finish straight.

My Neutron Vector has a slight dome and comes to a point in the center. I would not call it overstable at all, but it always fades on a clean throw. It flies very similar to my Neutron Axis, but on lower lines. I.E. if I give my Axis more height it will fly similarly to the Vector where as normally it has a tendency to finish straight.

On my limited experience throwing my new vector (about 10 throws on a cold and windy soccer field just now) I would tend to agree. I found that fortunately my axis and vector don't overlap as much as I was worried they might.

I also am not in love as much as I thought I would be with my tangent so far. After all the hype I was expecting to fall in love with this disc but it just doesn't behave for me the way others have stated. I'll be the first to admit this is probably because of my form/technique rather than the disc itself. I've had a few really sweet long sweep anhyzers with it in the last few rounds but I don't find it as easy to control as I thought. However I'm not gonna give up on it yet.

Since my Proton Vector is a blank, it's hard for me to know if it's a first run or not, but mine is overstable. Fades out of any anny, powered down a little, it starts fading real quick...it's what I was looking for.

Just got in N Shock (2nd run,) N Vector, and N Ion (black), looking to try them after "work."

The one thing I'd say is don't look for big, line-burning shots from the tangent (if that makes sense). In my experience its a really, really slow and deliberate shot-making disc. It's not going to get there quickly but it sure is going to get there soundly and accurately if thrown appropriately.

It's like when it leaves your hand it says "Here's my line. Watch me fly."

Here's what I was wondering. I've seen videos where pros explain how more dome on a disc generally makes it more understable due to the increased air friction. However, on here, I've heard tons of people saying their domey MVP discs act more overstable. I know PLH makes a bigger difference than domeyness, but anyone have an idea about this contradiction in the disc golf community?

Here's what I was wondering. I've seen videos where pros explain how more dome on a disc generally makes it more understable due to the increased air friction. However, on here, I've heard tons of people saying their domey MVP discs act more overstable. I know PLH makes a bigger difference than domeyness, but anyone have an idea about this contradiction in the disc golf community?

There may not be a contradiction. Flatness and dominess affect different makes and models of discs differently. With MVP in particular, dome tends to make them stable. I know that flat-topping different Innova discs has made them more stable (in my experience).

The one thing I'd say is don't look for big, line-burning shots from the tangent (if that makes sense). In my experience its a really, really slow and deliberate shot-making disc. It's not going to get there quickly but it sure is going to get there soundly and accurately if thrown appropriately.

It's like when it leaves your hand it says "Here's my line. Watch me fly."

I agree with this 100%, especially the emboldened part. I'm really digging mine. It's the most interesting new disc I've thrown in a good while, possibly ever.

Its more valuable to an experienced thrower in my opinion because it goes on any line you put it on. So if you can't control the line your putting a disc on your not going to be able to control a neutral disc well

Status
Not open for further replies.