• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

The other right dumbass.

Haha yeah the theory was the highest fetching but I'd be surprised if the envy would fetch over $100. I've seen a few things come up where I expected a lot more. The disc market for old stuff is in decline.. but you can buy a variant lizottle hex for more than you can probably sell a melon envy for.

MVP is cashing in on the idiots (unintentionally). They have literally said they will make enough so everyone can have one. I'm surprised the FR time-lapse is still holding value with the stock run out.
Glitches STILL sell for like 30 dollars.
it's insane.

I got pretty good payday on 2 old mayhems though.
Thanks Eagle.
hahaha.

The 167 SE Watt started out good for me, I wobbled it a little with bad storage it was showing turn before that, now it's worse, i had already secured a 172 watt before "the incident". My glitch still holds straight, the Watt likes to wander, but the Watt will still handle more torque as long as you expect the flip up.

The Watt started more like a baby buzzz or tangent but now it wanders like an uplink.
My first was a 167 SE.

I throw the "prototype" 175g now And its everything the SE was, but doesn't try and get flippy on me unless I do the dumb.

Problem is, I wish I had bought more than 2 when I did that, cause it flies perfect. But once I figured it out, they took down the pro shop. doh!

Pro shop, that thing MVP said they WOULD NEVER DO. oh wait, my bad. sorry.
The cringe is pouring out again.

I've got one of the Eclipse rim ones but haven't thrown it, is that the one you have?

I've got one of the Eclipse rim ones but haven't thrown it, is that the one you have?
I gripped one of those about three months ago, and it felt good! Compared to the Neutron that I only kept for only about a month, just a bad grip for myself, and all over the place.

Where I play in the wind this time of the year, a Glitch is not possible for me. I just might revisit the Eclipse Rim Glitch for the summer in lighter wind. I've started revisiting other discs the past month since the bag flip is now complete. A Signal and love it some nice turn flips, and my hunch about increasing weight on a Fission Rhythm seems to be correct knocking out too much turn that I didn't like last summer. I've been throwing a Neutron Reactor the past few months has a great grip and reminds me of gripping the Watt. So, I think the Watt is going to be my next return disc as an approach only.

2024-01-2916.27.114740536421531378268.jpgTonight's round brought to you by Marmoset Soft Envy and the Chance Stad fission insanity. I've been meaning to throw it for awhile but I got the rhythm fever... he sent it as a gift (I sent him a PP volt when he made the team). Leaving the top row for now... but the yard box is stacked a little more to my liking.

Might as well edit and not be a post whore haha:
Took the insanity for a burn 158g fission, probably about the 6th I've owned... this is finally as advertised a solid roadrunner replacement. Carves on a great hyzer flip and goes far. Nice disc, minimal effort. I didn't mind the signal but it just wasn't that good/fun. Going to be interesting trying to over power it into a dive, I powered a few, fluffed a few but didn't really find the break over point yet. This is my 5 throw review haha. Makes me wonder about those 158g absorb81 cosmic insanity I've got... I was going to revisit those.... great uphill distance with a hard fade.

Last edited:
I'm definitely in the Glitch fan club. It's a magic disc for me on approach shots where I can take a run at the basket. Super digging the Eclipse Gyropalooza 166g one I have in the bag right now. I also do not putt with it.

Speaking of putters, I'm on the tester team and have been playing rounds with the Pixel. Love it, flys true to the numbers.
What I love even more though is the new Electron run. The Soft Electron is my jam. Flex, but not floppy.

Traded for an MVP Open Proton Defy. Breezy today on the way home from work but hoping to get a few tosses in tomorrow. Anyone else have one to compare to either the Neutron or Fission? I have a few of the latter and they're lovely but SENSITIVE to the launch angle. When I'm behaving, it's maybe the best disc in the bag. Ideally, the Proton will be a little more forgiving and still have more carry than the Neutron. Separately, would *love* to see the punk stamp re-issued. The tournament one's fine, if a bit busy. Might just wipe it if the disc sticks.

I'm definitely in the Glitch fan club. It's a magic disc for me on approach shots where I can take a run at the basket. Super digging the Eclipse Gyropalooza 166g one I have in the bag right now. I also do not putt with it.

Speaking of putters, I'm on the tester team and have been playing rounds with the Pixel. Love it, flys true to the numbers.
What I love even more though is the new Electron run. The Soft Electron is my jam. Flex, but not floppy.
How's the pixel against a glitch?

And how gorgeously tacky is the soft electron?

Long time no see!

How's the pixel against a glitch?

And how gorgeously tacky is the soft electron?

Long time no see!
I've been lurking.
The email update they send out now helps.

That previous run of electron where the firm was hard as a rock was not my favorite, but i love Electron for putters.
New run is just right.
The Pixel has a little bit of late fade so although still a very straight flier, not as straight as a Glitch. Pixel doesn't feel as deep either.

Weird, the pixel looked big, surprised it feels shallow. Can't wait to see or hear about how it will break in. Always looking for that golden straight disc, the glitch set the bar for me. I love how square and traditional lid like the glitch feels, kinda Envy/Birdie to me.

Not sure about the watt, after a few nights in rotation it's kinda weird how fast it drops height on the putts. It just doesn't glide at that speed, yet it approaches so well I barely need to putt it.

Last edited:

Yeah, but how does it compare to the OG electron that .. from what it sounds like they are trying to re-create.

Traded for an MVP Open Proton Defy. Breezy today on the way home from work but hoping to get a few tosses in tomorrow. Anyone else have one to compare to either the Neutron or Fission? I have a few of the latter and they're lovely but SENSITIVE to the launch angle. When I'm behaving, it's maybe the best disc in the bag. Ideally, the Proton will be a little more forgiving and still have more carry than the Neutron. Separately, would *love* to see the punk stamp re-issued. The tournament one's fine, if a bit busy. Might just wipe it if the disc sticks.
Defy is a disc that is fussy. Can confirm.

Weird, the pixel looked big, surprised it feels shallow. Can't wait to see or hear about how it will break in. Always looking for that golden straight disc, the glitch set the bar for me. I love how square and traditional lid like the glitch feels, kinda Envy/Birdie to me.

Not sure about the watt, after a few nights in rotation it's kinda weird how fast it drops height on the putts. It just doesn't glide at that speed, yet it approaches so well I barely need to putt it.
If you want straight low effort glide putts, you need to be tossing that spin when you get in circle 2. =)

Latest posts