• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

ION VS NEWEST RUN THROWBACK STAMP

20141129_195727.jpg

20141129_195747.jpg

Blue is a LE orbit stamp and pink is throwback proton stamp

That second pic looks more like camera angle. I guarantee that most players will not notice the difference.

That second pic looks more like camera angle. I guarantee that most players will not notice the difference.

2nd one is more dome not PLH being upside down .. I have checked multiple colors of these through multiple runs of previous ones so its not camera angle. If anyone is going to say something about it you know I am and not going to be BS.

Most players wont notice but I hope all ions come out like this with a nice pronounced bead.

Last edited:
Might have to give one of those a try. The bead on my first Ion is worn away pretty good. (Gravel fairways and greens:()

So I have a ton of Ions but the new throwback stamps have like a 1/2 MM bigger bead on them and expect the 5 I have in pink/yellow to be nice and OS. Compared to some of the old 2011 opaque protons through custom stamps and more recent stock stuff the bead/PLH is a little different... If you want a nice OS ion though I would say hunt down one of these throwback stamps!

PS- the plastic seems nice and hard too like OG neutron.

These would be the anti-BroD ions.

I'm okay with this. Ion needs to distance itself from anodes in flight a bit anyway. Mvp totally needs to make sb ions though.

yeah curious to see if anyone else confirms the same as I have found.

I've got an old Proton opaque, a dull orange before they brightened the colors up, that bikinjack gave me once b/c, and I quote, "it might as well be a Rhyno." It had a fairly pronounced bead like that just from eyeballing it but I've never really whipped out any calipers or anything.

the bead as gotten bigger with age :D lol. FR ions don't even really have one and fly super understable. I have some more out on the practice basket im going to see how this new run matches up to.

I have some of the older, pre-clone runs so I definitely know it didn't always have a (consistent) bead. I just didn't buy any of the opaque proton clone runs so I wasn't sure if there was a larger bead on those or not.

I'm tempted to throw my Throwback just to see if it's got the extra bit of beef off the tee that I want to slot between Pures and Zones. It seems to have the glide to complement Pures. Part of me's worried that this run will be the only one with this ginormous bead too though.

From what I can tell 2011 ions through soft neutron, tourney stamps to mini orbit etc all have a hair smaller bead or lower overmold however you want to look at it. I kept 4 of these from my order due to how nice and firm they were and in hopes of the bigger bead being a touch more OS.

Go throw it and let me know! :p

Send me one of your throwers so I don't have to pull mine out of the vault! :D

I'll send it back...I promise!

I had one a few years ago that had a huge bead on it and was stupid over stable. I wrote "it might as well be a Rhyno" on the back and gave it to BrotherDave. I think that was in early 2011.

Latest posts