• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Plasma!

Man I was gonna go to the store for a Plasma Ion but we are having this crazy snowstorm right now!

Dreaming of discing weather...

have a couple of ions to test thanks to AIM

Great plastic but I'm not impressed with these ions during putting practice. Something feels off. Feels great for drives though.

Yep, too cold to buy new stuff. Which is good, in reality. I don't throw Ions, and hopefully by the time it warms up a disc I want is available in Plasma.
Well, I had been wanting to replace my Neutron Ion and this plastic came out at a perfect time. Not really, it's winter and we just got a bunch of snow. But at least it gives me something to look forward to! I've been tightening up my bag in the off season and I can't wait to try my new discs!

To the people in warmer climates: how are these discs putting? You likey?

I really want to see this plastic hit the Anode...

I hope this is the first plastic they make available in all molds even if that takes 1-2 years to accomplish. While I still plan on throwing Proton/Neutron and of course Baseline (oh gods hard baseline :drool:), it would be great to have an all around plastic choice for any mold.

Especially if Plasma is not quite as OS and/or features more glide than the Proton/Neutron counterpart. This alone would make it really easy to say to someone who hasn't thrown an MVP disc before to go pick up a Plasma Volt, Atom, Envy, etc and just watch them fall in love at first throw.

To the people in warmer climates: how are these discs putting? You likey?

I've been playing with them in weather up to 85 degrees and they are performing beatifullly. Not too floppy yet, just nice and grippy.

I really want to see this plastic hit the Anode...

The Ion and Anode have the same core, so this should be quite easy.

I've been playing with them in weather up to 85 degrees and they are performing beatifullly. Not too floppy yet, just nice and grippy.
:thmbup: Sounds good. I can't wait to throw! It will be a marathon putting session when it's warm out.

I was finally able to get outside with these.

Not bad but the plastic is a bit slick and worse when wet. I'm still not sure there's any reason to use these as putters when soft proton works so well for me.

I was finally able to get outside with these.

Not bad but the plastic is a bit slick and worse when wet. I'm still not sure there's any reason to use these as putters when soft proton works so well for me.
Or Electron for that matter. But then, I'm looking forward to these for drivers and mids as opposed to the Ions.

I personally don't see much difference in grip between these or soft neutron but damn plasma looks WAY cooler. Soft proton is the tackiest MVP plastic just not sure it has "good" grip when wet, lol.

^yeah, you have to keep soft P dry, especially when it's new. My experience with it is that it dries off pretty well. Sometimes the "champier" plastics, seems like the water smears around on it rather than wiping off.

^ I have noticed this as well, but I think its probably just being able to see through the disc makes it appear that way. With a solid color disc you don't see the water smear, but I think its still there. I have to wipe my Gstar tern multiple times, usually, to get it dry. I actually don't even bother drying the whole disc anymore just where my hand grips on it.

I personally don't see much difference in grip between these or soft neutron but damn plasma looks WAY cooler. Soft proton is the tackiest MVP plastic just not sure it has "good" grip when wet, lol.

It's not any better in the rain. That's not what I was saying.

I think I can grip soft N better just because of how gummy it is compared to plasma.

I was tempted to scuff up my plasma ions to see how that worked.

My first thought with this plastic was that it my take neutron out of my bag except for a few I'd prefer stiff and with less glide (resistor, clash). But the more I think of it, this could be the end of proton plastic in my bag. Mvp has done such a good job at getting proton and neutron discs to fly similar, there doesn't seem to be a big need for proton. I feel proton has been more grippy and flexible than neutron for me so now that a grippier and more flexible plastic is out I might not need proton. I just see a great pairing between stiff neutron and plasma.

My first thought with this plastic was that it my take neutron out of my bag except for a few I'd prefer stiff and with less glide (resistor, clash). But the more I think of it, this could be the end of proton plastic in my bag. Mvp has done such a good job at getting proton and neutron discs to fly similar, there doesn't seem to be a big need for proton. I feel proton has been more grippy and flexible than neutron for me so now that a grippier and more flexible plastic is out I might not need proton. I just see a great pairing between stiff neutron and plasma.

The only thing I'll say is that proton is more visible. They tend to have more day glow aspects and I usually use a couple proton discs with LEDs for glow.

I would be bummed without proton. I like the option of various plastics.

I dig the look and the feel of both. Minor difference in feel but it's there for me.

Can't wait for this damn snow to go away, I miss throwing so much it kinda hurts. Playing some rounds here and there but it's just not the same. No footing and searching for discs sucks. Ribbons aren't foolproof either