• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Plasma!

I threw a 150g and 167g plasma (literally 2 times yesterday and wasn't dressed for how cold it actually was so said f that noise) .. I think plasma could be a new mold or the plastic itself just molds up differently which we know is the case if they plan on running some domey drivers.

Seems like the plasma ions might have more of a +rim and less angle from the rounded inner core shoulder. You don't feel where the rim wall starts as much in the plasma as you do with the neutron/proton....

Nice eye/catch though.. I really want to like these plasma ions so hope they fly like my precious soft N's. Going to try and play a round today with just ions.

doing a blind fondling test (lol) the difference is minimal in feel between glows, old, new LE stamps etc... I could tell which PLASTIC the discs were but the change in the rim feel was not something that stuck out with the couple plasma mixed it.

Man I bet I looked weird holding discs with my eyes closed and shuffling them around.

I don't kow why they would go through the trouble of retooling "Patent Pending" for nothing. A new mold makes more sense. I do feel the slightly more curved inner rim in the Plasma, like you did. Either way, these are Ions. They fly just as well, and putt as sweet as ever.

I was just curious, because IF they made a new mold (and this is just speculation) for the Ion, they may also need to make one for the other cores.

Yeah, my thought is that it is a new mold (without the ring and smaller font). My hope is the mold is multipurpose and can handle electron too?! :eek: :D

I loooove the 156 blue ion aim sent me. Crushed some huge drives at Warwick with them yesterday. I'm really impressed with the amount of stability they retain. I've been throwing an all 150 class bag for awhile with the exception of rocs and putters. This will change that for sure. Got dang close to an ace with one at Warwick hole 9. Dead nuts straight shot uphill through the trees. Got the ion at the right height early and it just floated all the way there. Went just to the right and past the basket by maybe 20 feet. Crazy good distance on these.

When I examined my 3 Ions they all did appear to have slightly different wings on them. That's N, Soft P, and Plasma. I can take a pic if anyone is interested.

Just wondering if there's really much of a difference. Let this snow thaw so I can throw!

The "patent pending" tooling is on the injector, not in the mold itself. So you'll see some variation across runs where they tried a different injector for some reason. The Ion History page gets into at least one type-identifier that relies on the injector tooling.

The "patent pending" tooling is on the injector, not in the mold itself. So you'll see some variation across runs where they tried a different injector for some reason. The Ion History page gets into at least one type-identifier that relies on the injector tooling.

Sweet. Thanks for setting the record straight. :thmbup:

I got my first few throws in with the Ion yesterday. Remembered how little me and this disc click. It was also beyond cold so I couldn't really get a feel on the grip.

I threw a 150g and 167g plasma (literally 2 times yesterday and wasn't dressed for how cold it actually was so said f that noise) .. I think plasma could be a new mold or the plastic itself just molds up differently which we know is the case if they plan on running some domey drivers.

Seems like the plasma ions might have more of a +rim and less angle from the rounded inner core shoulder. You don't feel where the rim wall starts as much in the plasma as you do with the neutron/proton....

Nice eye/catch though.. I really want to like these plasma ions so hope they fly like my precious soft N's. Going to try and play a round today with just ions.

definitely have been noticing the rim. I'm not loving the feel for putting yet but it's not an issue for driving.

I'm diggin the feel of the plasma Ion a lot. Can't wait to be able to give it a good rip as soon as this damn snow melts. Has a great release on putts for me sitting right in between reg and soft neutron. That being said I still want soft neutron Ions and Anodes.

Plasma Inertia sounds nice, but a plasma Tensor sounds way better

The Plasma plastic is extremely slick with snow on the ground here in Minnesota. The Ion slipped out of my hand alot while Eclipse, Neutron, and Electron did far less if not at all.

Curious if wear will help it become more grippy like I've found with proton and neutron.

The Plasma plastic is extremely slick with snow on the ground here in Minnesota. The Ion slipped out of my hand alot while Eclipse, Neutron, and Electron did far less if not at all.

I said this before but didn't get a lot of agreement. Pretty slick to me in bad conditions. I'm still tempted to sand one.

Yeah the gloss it horrible when wet but you know my stance on grip and premium plastic... Scuff it up!

Plasma doesnt seem quite as durable as neutron or proton either.