• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Plasma!

if the teslas come out with some dome and a lower PLH like the softies i've got, then i'll have officially died and gone to heaven. they are just too straight no matter how hard i throw them.

if they don't, then i'll continue hunting ones like my lavenders because i don't think i'll ever love another tesla quite like my lavenders.

/\ I'm with this guy. I've got a copper and two metallic teal Teslas that match that description and I love 'em. All the people who want something between an Inertia and a Tesla? That is exactly what these are for me.

I applaud MVP on their new releases. They have really ramped up production.

However if Innova were to release this many new discs and plastic options in such a short time frame, I can't help but think that they would be lambasted.

That's a good point. I think Innova until recent has usually produced for the pros. Tweak of this or that for a specific pro in both molds and blends and put a signature on it. When they venture off the known path, they get lambasted because they are relied on as a standard.

MVP has been producing for the layman, openly responding to crowd noise with new products and adjustments for the grassroots player base. I think MVP will grow their own pros from the ground up who understand their ways. The key thing MVP does differently is allow people to distinguish between their changes while keeping the standards consistent.

However if Innova were to release this many new discs and plastic options in such a short time frame, I can't help but think that they would be lambasted.
There is really no way to say this without sounding snarky, which is not my intent, so DanJon I apologize in advance, and this is not directed solely at you, despite me quoting you. Anyway, sometimes I wonder if people check facts before they speak, or just blurt out whatever comes to mind?

Lets play a game called "Facts are Hard"*(if you don't want all the facts, just skip to the part in bold below)

In the year 2014, MVP had 6 new molds hit the market (Atom, Impulse, Motion, Tesla, Inertia and Switch) and 1 new plastic was released (Electron). If you want to count Axiom, then I get to count Millennium and Discmania when we do Innova later. If we count Axiom the total grows by 7 discs for 1 year total, including forming a new company, of 13 new molds and 1 new plastic.

Let's look at Prodigy. In 2014 Prodigy had 6 new molds released(H2,H4,H1,X1,PA3 and M5) same as MVP, and launched 2 new plastics (glow 400 and 750). In 2013 (launch year) Prodigy released 18 molds and 3 plastics (11 more molds and 3 more plastics than Axiom's launch).

Trilogy had a big year, with 13 new molds approved, and a new plastic (Frost and derivatives). DD lead the way with 5 discs releases(Felon, Freedom, Enforcer, Thief, and Witness) and Lat and Westside had 4 each.

The Innova trio (including Milleneum and Discmania) had only 8 molds released. Of these Innova released the Whale, Thunderbird, Daedalus, Foxbat and Nova. However they went batcrap crazy, releasing XT and Gstar plastics, to bring their currently produced plastic types to a shocking 17 different blends (DX, DX Glow, Pro, R-Pro, McPro, Yeti Pro, KC Pro, JK Pro, XT, Champ, Champ Glo, Jolly Launcher, Blizzard, Star, GStar, EchoStar, StarLite).

Discraft was the model of restraint, releasing only the Buzzz OS and Heat for new molds, although there were lots of special edition Buzzzes, and BigZ plastic to make shop owners grumpy...

Cutting to the chase: If you want to look at facts Innova released 5 molds and 2 new lines of plastic in 2014, and MVP released 6 molds and 1 new plastic (with only one disc in it so far, and no promise that existing discs will be run in Electron). Not a huge difference in molds.If you talk to the owner at your local store owner he/she will probably tell you that a new mold is no big deal to handle. Hopefully it drives traffic and helps sales. On the other hand, an entirely new plastic is a nightmare, because now you have to find shelf space for many molds in that new plastic (think of all the different Gstar releases we saw this year) and gauge demand for certain mold in the new plastic vs the old, which is something of a gamble.

I'm not saying Innova should be lambasted. As a player I love Gstar, and I'm glad options are out there. But I'm not sure how anyone sees MVP's growth as being out of line with the industry.

*mold approval info pulled from the .xls file located here:
http://www.pdga.com/documents/pdga-approved-discs

Holy lotta plastic batman.

Makes me glad I'm locked onto MVP/Axiom and really enjoy chuckin their stuff.
It's enough to try everything they release, I couldn't imagine wanting to try EVERYTHING coming out from EVERYONE. Yikes!

Thank you, Puckstopper, for basically doing what I was going to do. That being said, MVP (including Axiom) has released a ton of stuff lately. But just like Innova and their seemingly endless mold/plastic possibilities, I always say the more the merrier.

Remember that 2015 has at least 8 more mold releases too. :thmbup:

... That being said, MVP (including Axiom) has released a ton of stuff lately. But just like Innova and their seemingly endless mold/plastic possibilities, I always say the more the merrier.

Remember that 2015 has at least 8 more mold releases too. :thmbup:

I think 'lately' is the key. Is anyone on the roll MVP/Axiom are on right now? I think we all agree on one thing: Bring it.

More than half of their molds have made the bag at some point for me, can only imagine what roles will open up as the new discs roll out.

Could it be that Innova gets the grief because they already have what's considered a "full lineup"? Too many armchair presidents and CEOs seem to think they should stop despite the fact that they've pretty much innovated product development outside of the modern era overmold.

At this point, unless they want to fade away into irrelevance (and what successful company doesn't want that! :rolleyes:), MVP should be cranking out molds.

List of discs wanted in this plastic by priority:

Wave(assuming this is the "inertia" of the class)
Theory(would be no1 if I didn't want a 12speed MVP so badly)
Photon(assuming this is the "tesla" of the class)
Tesla/Volt

This is assuming that I don't fall in love with any of the axiom 10speed class........

I applaud MVP on their new releases. They have really ramped up production.

You're kind of like the guy that can't get over the ex-GF, so that every conversation ultimately relates back to her.

And her name is Innova. ;)

List of discs wanted in this plastic by priority:

Wave(assuming this is the "inertia" of the class)
Theory(would be no1 if I didn't want a 12speed MVP so badly)
Photon(assuming this is the "tesla" of the class)
Tesla/Volt

This is assuming that I don't fall in love with any of the axiom 10speed class........

I could go for a Resistor or Motion in Plasma! Hit n stick

:LOL: You guys would adjust and be better off. That rim design was ok for a start up. They have moved on to real disc making.

th

replica-of-buster-sword-from-ffvii.jpg

big-giant-swords.jpg