• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Plasma!

Yes it does. It's as soft or softer than my soft Proton, which was part of the reason I put out back on the shelf. I had no sooner taken my hand off it than my wife grabbed it for herself. At least it stayed in the family I suppose...

One of my favorite plasmas.

5ZIr4hY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that Anode soaking in scalding hot water or something? I've never seen an MVP disc do that freely (in other words, not by super bending it myself).

My lighter Plasma Volt is that soft. I haven't burrito'd it (taco just doesn't seem like the right term for it), but I have no doubt it would.

The best part is doing that to a regular ion and it still pops back into place. Thrown a few softs at the basket football style like that lol.

Was that Anode soaking in scalding hot water or something? I've never seen an MVP disc do that freely (in other words, not by super bending it myself).

Nope, it was actually cold that evening. It's definitely the only mvp axiom disc I've seen that is as pliable.

Figured I would reply here vs clog up the proxy thread with ion/plasma talk.

Aim, have you noticed any difference in the feel of the rim with the plasmas, or is it just me?.

They do feel different and you mentioned the plasma feel less curved to you which I agree with. Not like a traditional squared angle obviously but the plasma ions/anodes appear to have more of a "+" style rim. I did a few tests (chopstick and caliper) where all my ions/anodes in any plastic except plasma have a straighter inside rim core which actually gives them a more rounded feel as the change in slope is more drastic. You can feel the difference with your finger if feeling from the bottom of the bead up to the flight plate.

With the plasma cores having a slightly angled inside rim core the feel is more on point of that with a 90 degree-ish traditional "wizard" or whateverrrrrrr your flavor as the sloped rim makes the rounded inside corner not feel so rounded. They also seem to start rounding in slightly different spots.

That being said, I used a pair of plasma ions without any problem or even noticing much difference outside of the softer plastic feel which is why I went back to neutrons.

Figured I would reply here vs clog up the proxy thread with ion/plasma talk.

They do feel different and you mentioned the plasma feel less curved to you which I agree with. Not like a traditional squared angle obviously but the plasma ions/anodes appear to have more of a "+" style rim. I did a few tests (chopstick and caliper) where all my ions/anodes in any plastic except plasma have a straighter inside rim core which actually gives them a more rounded feel as the change in slope is more drastic. You can feel the difference with your finger if feeling from the bottom of the bead up to the flight plate.

With the plasma cores having a slightly angled inside rim core the feel is more on point of that with a 90 degree-ish traditional "wizard" or whateverrrrrrr your flavor as the sloped rim makes the rounded inside corner not feel so rounded. They also seem to start rounding in slightly different spots.

That being said, I used a pair of plasma ions without any problem or even noticing much difference outside of the softer plastic feel which is why I went back to neutrons.

Mmmmm plasma Ions are so great.
Longest flying putter drive I've ever had was with a P Ion.

Ions do crazy stuff off the tee. Ill never forget this 500'+ downhill shot which all my other discs were either turning into the wind or fading out due to the slope of the hill. Decided to throw the ion just to see what would happen and it just floated in the headwind straight down the hill, softly landing by the basket.

There are a handful of holes at BRP which the ion kills it from the huge anny to dead straight or 300' hyzers. It's SO dang versatile. LOVE pulling out the ion on the tee when people say "i think im going to throw X/Y driver" :D

FWIW, the 2 Plasma Anodes I have are also "uncurled" in the rim config a bit compared to the dozen other Anodes I have.

Ions do crazy stuff off the tee. Ill never forget this 500'+ downhill shot which all my other discs were either turning into the wind or fading out due to the slope of the hill. Decided to throw the ion just to see what would happen and it just floated in the headwind straight down the hill, softly landing by the basket.

There are a handful of holes at BRP which the ion kills it from the huge anny to dead straight or 300' hyzers. It's SO dang versatile. LOVE pulling out the ion on the tee when people say "i think im going to throw X/Y driver" :D

I second this! Great disc off the tee. I just wish my home course had more holes to drive with it.

FWIW, the 2 Plasma Anodes I have are also "uncurled" in the rim config a bit compared to the dozen other Anodes I have.

Man, I went out for a round Saturday, and tried these for putting. I don't know what it is, but they're better even than the soft Ps I have. And plasma isn't as 'bad' as I was thinking it would be grip wise, on a 95 degree day...it's OK, but nowhere near as great as electron.

So, my putting dilemma continues. My dream putter would be an Anode in this EXACT config, in firm electron. And I do mean "dream" putter. I'm going to put a Plasma Anode and a firm Atom under my pillow tonight, and go to sleep praying that there is a disc fairy. (Maybe she's hot!!)

Bringing this thread back to life for my question about plasma as far as flight characteristics. Have any of you thrown the new Plasma Tesla? I have it in the same weights as my proton and electron and I seem to see that the Plasma version is more stable? Any thoughts?

Wtf would u need that for?!

I have 2 proro plasma teslas at 150 and max wt. They sre $ not nearly as LSS with more glide.

Koda was all about his domey soft teslas which were straight as hell compared to stock runs and basically plasma runs which were not metallic colored like i got witb the FR order of plasma ions.

Last edited:

Latest posts