• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

I have actually started to throw the crave less and the volt more now that the excitement of bagging a new disc is over I cant see not having a SEASONED volt in my bag. A new one for most players will fly a lot like a tesla and the crave is probably a better suggestion all around for that kind of disc in general I just find the volt to be so versatile and power down/up better than the slower or faster discs at my distances. Its one of my favorite disc to throw spike hyzers with as well as sky rollers as it just stays flying on the angle you give it so well.

So I guess after rambling I would say it depends on the player really. I would probably throw volts and drop craves/tesla if it came down to a simplified bag.

I carry the volt for longer lines than the crave and straighter lines than the Tesla. I also carry a first run volt so that's another reason I bag a proton one

I have actually started to throw the crave less and the volt more now that the excitement of bagging a new disc is over I cant see not having a SEASONED volt in my bag. A new one for most players will fly a lot like a tesla and the crave is probably a better suggestion all around for that kind of disc in general I just find the volt to be so versatile and power down/up better than the slower or faster discs at my distances. Its one of my favorite disc to throw spike hyzers with as well as sky rollers as it just stays flying on the angle you give it so well.

So I guess after rambling I would say it depends on the player really. I would probably throw volts and drop craves/tesla if it came down to a simplified bag.

I like the breakdown. I love my crave and tesla for what I use them for. But I do sometimes find myself wanting something a little longer than my crave with a tick more fade. Sounds like a P volt would fill that void nicely. Not sure I'll buy one but it's always fun to dream. The weather is perfect today and the door is open at work....I'm ready to sneak out and chuck some GYRO in the fall breeze.
Buutttttt work.....

its around 37 degree "feels like" temps with stupid wind right now up here... "fall breeze" is damn right!

The biggest thing with volts is not coming in lighter weights and to me someone who throws lighter craves or teslas might be a little disappointed in a new volt as it likely would be a little more overstable than expected. My most beat proton volt no longer holds up to a headwind like it did when fresh and the fade is very straight. I was really hope the crave would beat-in to be a little less HSS than it is (mine looks like hell too) but might just, SWITCH it out ;)