• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Relay

I guess I framed the original question wrong. I just recently put together an all Axiom bag, with the Crave being the only FD. I don't need a Relay in that bag to throw L-R moving shots or anhyzers, the Crave isn't OS. The Crave obviously offers more control and is solid in the wind, so...

Anyway, never was comparing the 2, just that they both can serve the same purpose.

"Bad Crave"?...no, both my Neutron and Plasma have solid HSS and small fade.

I have the Relay in the MVP bag...great disc! But, I need a Servo in there with it. :)

^ I can agree with this. I can drop the Relay and be ok. I can't really drop the Crave without a similar replacement in the bag. I think if there was ever a calm day in Texas though, I may be able to just roll with the Relay as my only driver.

^ I can agree with this. I can drop the Relay and be ok. I can't really drop the Crave without a similar replacement in the bag. I think if there was ever a calm day in Texas though, I may be able to just roll with the Relay as my only driver.

lol...

I was surprised how good this disc feels for forehand shots. Probably won't work very well for power throwers, but for someone with maybe 250-300 feet FH power this should be a solid hyzerflip disc.

After Aim hooked me up a week or so back, I think the Relay should be the disc all noobs are given right after a putter (Proxy or Atom). It just shapes lines like nothing else and goes and goes and goes. I have pulled both flick and bh 90 degree around big tree throws with the relay that I never would have thought possible previously.

The Relay is $. I think it may be the greatest GYRO woods disc to date.
I completely agree. I got it when released for the Circuit event and ignorantly poo-poo'd it as being a noob disc.

I now find myself using mostly (not exclusively) Relay, Signal, Ion, and Envy and playing very consistently.

I completely agree. I got it when released for the Circuit event and ignorantly poo-poo'd it as being a noob disc.

I now find myself using mostly (not exclusively) Relay, Signal, Ion, and Envy and playing very consistently.

Yeah, I was just talking about it over in the Crave thread. I'm a weirdo in that I can't ever get quite comfortable with the Crave, which should also be an ideal carver. But the Relay just suits me, at a wide range of release speeds.

The Relay is $. I think it may be the greatest GYRO woods disc to date.

I cant wait for a resistor-ish/servo version. Little extra beef but seasons into crazy straight and wil flight wind while not being a brick. The relay is just realllllllly good. Hell the signalnis too for what it is but ill leave that for the ramen arms.

I cant wait for a resistor-ish/servo version. Little extra beef but seasons into crazy straight and wil flight wind while not being a brick. The relay is just realllllllly good. Hell the signalnis too for what it is but ill leave that for the ramen arms.

Totally with you here. The Signal...I just don't have the old-school hyzerflip game to control that guy.

I love the Resistor, I've got 2 Ns that are beat in nice, plus an angry newer P. It would break my heart, but if they do a Reslayster disc, I'm all over it, and it could knock at least one of the 2 Resistors out da bag.

The resistor was always like the crave to me. I like the disc but how my bag is set up (i dont really use fast OS or stupid OS molds at all) i will carry a motion if winds are howling but have flatter teslas which do work as well and same with volts as long as not 30mph+ lol.

Id hope the relayOS could knock vectors out and give me a few more options. I use the vector like an OS fairway pretty much but that big ass bead can make it a little tricky to throw specially with my lame FH.

Is there a Relay OS in the pipeline? Because that slower OS flight would be nice. Relay and Crave are both slower(not shorter) than Switch and Servo, IMO...and more workable as a result.

We're guessing that it is one of the circuit discs... Though, unlike the other guys I am hoping it is more whippet than gazelle OS.

Is there a Relay OS in the pipeline? Because that slower OS flight would be nice. Relay and Crave are both slower(not shorter) than Switch and Servo, IMO...and more workable as a result.

Crave is no slower vs a switch/servo. Id actually argue the servo is the most workable as a single 7 speed but would require a fresh vs seasoned pair. It will hold a turn better vs crave but not be as power/speed sensitive as the switch.

I actually look at the relay like a slower beat up servo. Servo was designed to be more like an eagle while crave was the TB flavor and switch always reminded me of a seasoned DX eagle.

Crave is no slower vs a switch/servo. Id actually argue the servo is the most workable as a single 7 speed but would require a fresh vs seasoned pair. It will hold a turn better vs crave but not be as power/speed sensitive as the switch.

I actually look at the relay like a slower beat up servo. Servo was designed to be more like an eagle while crave was the TB flavor and switch always reminded me of a seasoned DX eagle.

Seems like it in flight, to me. Crave flies much more like a TL than TB...ramen boy.

They all are the same speed class grasshopper. I dont even think the servo/crave/inspire profiles are that different but too lazy to look up old pictures.

They don't all have the same wing. We've talked about this re the Relay...blunter wing. If that doesn't provide a slower flight in same speed class, don't know what to tell ya.

I have no idea what you're taking about when the relay has a blunter wing and smaller as well. If anything i think the resistor/switch have the most narrow rim shapes [without looking] but is no faster vs resistor/crave/servo/inspire. All the same speed miii boiiii

I have no idea what you're taking about when the relay has a blunter wing and smaller as well. If anything i think the resistor/switch have the most narrow rim shapes [without looking] but is no faster vs resistor/crave/servo/inspire. All the same speed miii boiiii

Oh I see now that you said that the Relay was slower. My bad, maestro.

Relay is definitely slower, but its understability and glide make it fly nearly as far as the Crave.

From the previous convo, I think I would like a Relay OS to be closer to Resistor stable than Gazelle stable. I use the Crave for those slightly OS shots now, but don't really carry anything more stable other than when I throw a XXX in the bag. A Relay OS that is 6, 5, 0, 3 would be perfect.

Latest posts