• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Relay

zendragon

* Ace Member *
PDGA approved now.

Diameter 21.1
Height 1.5
Inside rim depth 1.2
Inside diameter 17.7
Rim width 1.7

I thought they were saying this was going to be 1.6 mm rim, not 1.7 as PDGA approval shows.

One comment on their Facebook page says they are like a cheetah or leopard. If this is the MVP Leopard, I can see a lot of people liking this disc.

I'm personally a little disappointed in the diameter. I was hoping these would be based on the midrange core instead of the fairway core.

^I think there was a discussion a while back in one of the other MVP threads about this...PDGA and MVP seem to come up with different numbers for rim width.

Like, PDGA has the Volt @ 20mm, MVP says 18.5mm...so maybe no worries about it being a new class.

I'm not too worried about it being a new class. I'm excited about it either way. If it's champ Leo like it's going to be a great thrower. Even if it's not Champ Leo like, MVP very rarely disappoints.

Personally the Axiom Inspire is very champ leopard like for me. So much so it kicked my champ leopards out of the bag. I will try a relay, but it has a lot of work to do tell replace the Inspire

Awesome sauce. Wonder if there is gonna be a whole new class.

yes it is. speed 6--

16mm Rim Fairway Driver Class: Balances distance and throwability & Built for precision placement drives This will be the debut model of our beginner-friendly 16mm driver class, built especially for The Circuit.

ah, word.

I don't have any doubt given MVP's history. build a core and make great unique molds around it.

Personally the Axiom Inspire is very champ leopard like for me. So much so it kicked my champ leopards out of the bag. I will try a relay, but it has a lot of work to do tell replace the Inspire

My Inspire is more stable than a Leopard for me. It even handles a headwind really well. It is max weight, which I normally don't throw outside if mids, so that might be part of it.

Should have one of these to test in the coming days. I'll be sure to post my impressions and will try to get a Leo to compare it to.

I wonder if this will be like the Squall at all...

From what I can tell on the PDGA page (never thrown a Squall) this is much smaller diameter. Is the Squall closer to a Stalker in feel? That's what I was hoping the 16mm class would be like.

My Inspire is more stable than a Leopard for me. It even handles a headwind really well. It is max weight, which I normally don't throw outside if mids, so that might be part of it.

FWIW I have had champion plastic Leopards which flew as OS as a TB. Given the premium plastics and "GYRO"I can understand where you are coming from but definitely similar discs.

I'm a big fan of tweeners and have been waiting for MVP's version. I just hope it's controllably understable. And comes in light weights.

From what I can tell on the PDGA page (never thrown a Squall) this is much smaller diameter. Is the Squall closer to a Stalker in feel? That's what I was hoping the 16mm class would be like.

Honestly I basically never care about specs, especially because they don't really give an indication of the feel in the hand.
I'm interested in the speed and stability.

I'm a big fan of tweeners and have been waiting for MVP's version. I just hope it's controllably understable. And comes in light weights.

They have plenty of "controllably" understable discs. How bout something that you can roll from a hard flat release.

^ A light Virus might be that disc. Maybe the Relay will be a longer Theory.

Latest posts