• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Relay

relaypdga-approval.jpg

Relay Completes Your Circuit

The Relay disc from MVP Disc Sports was PDGA Approved as of 5-28-2015.

"The Relay is our new easy to throw GYRO™ fairway driver, and the featured driver in our Circuit Event player's pack. The ergonomics were carefully designed with a smooth radius and a flat beveled wing, making it a very comfortable disc to throw. It features slightly more depth and a smaller rim width for added comfort and a more controllable flight.

The Relay has a workable measure of understability, making it very user friendly for advanced and novice players alike. Serious players with extra power can achieve consistent and controllable hyzerflips. Novice players will easily achieve neutral lines with a minimal fade for a very straight finish. The Relay will make its debut June 19 in the Circuit Integrated Flight Series. Learn more at mvpcircuit.com" - by MVP Disc Sports

this makes me hopeful. I've never really nailed down a disc that's inbetween a putter and a river so I would really like this to be it!

this makes me hopeful. I've never really nailed down a disc that's inbetween a putter and a river so I would really like this to be it!

Not that the Relay won't fill this role for you, but what discs have you tried that haven't worked? There are probably quite a few discs that could fill that gap, including the Theory, Tangent, and a beat Axis or Alias.

I use a seasoned hard pure for my US driving putter and a 163g GL River. I like to hyzerflip them for straight down the gut shots. I bag a tangent as my main mid and it works well for that but doesn't like to flip much from hyzer and carry. I find the tangent to be more of a smooth line worker. I had been bagging the theory since its release and recently took it out of the bag. It can definitely pull off the hyzerflip to straight shot very well but my problem is that I can't seem to consistently get a good grip on the thing. I don't know what it is but at least 50% of the time I find it slips out of my hand and then I will either miss my line or just not have enough on it for it to flip. I noticed more and more that I wasn't confident with it so I was less likely to even try that shot. The alais was a really fun disc for sure since it is so straight but it wasn't going any farther than my putters and the axis doesn't flip enough for me and has too much fade. I currently have a GL fuse in as my US mid, it's pretty decent but It's not proved itself yet. I think I just have a hard time with throwing mids of the tee. Since the Relay looks more like it has the feel of a driver while being slower and in all likelyhood having less glide than a River I'm really hoping this will be that disc I've been looking for.

One of the things I never really liked about their molds is the shallow rim.

This sounds like a good move. For my game the putters were too tall and the drivers were too shallow. I think the relay will have better carry than other mvp discs with similar stability.

when will circuit discs be released to the general public

I hope the circuit directors get a chance to sell some of their stock. It would take away some incentive to put out all the new releases if players don't have to attend or contact them to get "first" dibs on some of these. Obviously a few of the molds were slated as circuit exclusive while others are set to debut in a different release.

If you really want one of these new discs go to the circuit series site and contact on of the "TD's" to get a players pack or order some extra discs. I think the first event is soon.

wow...nothing in NY

I can wait, there's enough other new crap from MVP to hold me over

Profile comparison VS a G* Leopard. Slightly lower PLH and the bottom wing is flat rather than convex, and no microbead. Very comfortable in a BH grip.

Assuming it doesn't rain expect a field test vid late tonight.

Attachments

• IMAG2776.jpg
    IMAG2776.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 110
These feel rad. Like Mike said, really flat wing, and the rim size is noticeably compact. Gonna toss it later and report back.

Latest posts