• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Relay

Quick five-throw noodle arm take: smooth, easy control. Even handled a mild headwind with a little hyzer flip. Gonna be a fun one for a one-day event.

I'm looking forward to throwing this especially if it's anything like a Cheetah, but I'm having a hard time imagining it in the bag between the Inspire and Theory.

Stability compared to Inspire and Switch?

More understable then the Inspire, less power needed to show the turn compared to the Switch. I could get mine to turn throwing them from a standstill around 250', but I could also make it finish straight throwing them past 400' if I gave it a lot of hyzer. Fun disc, video coming soon.

^ Sounds like you had some young fans in the gallery. :)

So, it seems like a longer Theory from your vid.

I like that you're describing it as more understable than the Inspire. :thmbup:

Did you let the kids throw any? #growthesport:D

Rollers next time? Unless the OTHER mikeC wants to do it? lol

I'll try to get some rollers in next vid. I also want to play around with some more deep hyzer throws, but thrown lower. I was kind of rushed today because I had a job interview an hour away.

^ Sounds like you had some young fans in the gallery. :)

So, it seems like a longer Theory from your vid.

I like that you're describing it as more understable than the Inspire. :thmbup:

Yep! Their excitement was fun. Little league practice had just let out. I was going to throw some standstill backhands, but wanted to show off for them and try to get them interested in DG. Mentioned how there was a course right on the property etc.

Longer Theory is pretty accurate, with a bit more fade due to the increased speed of course.

Got a full round in with the Relay, and I like it a lot. It doesn't blow you away with glide, but for point-and-shoot placement and line-holding it pretty much rocks. I can definitely see this being one of those foundation-type molds that someone builds a bag around.

Got a full round in with the Relay, and I like it a lot. It doesn't blow you away with glide, but for point-and-shoot placement and line-holding it pretty much rocks. I can definitely see this being one of those foundation-type molds that someone builds a bag around.

That is what I was thinking as I read the description. Sounds to me like you would be able to do some serious golfing with an Ion-Vector-Relay-Crave

That is what I was thinking as I read the description. Sounds to me like you would be able to do some serious golfing with an Ion-Vector-Relay-Crave

Exactly. I went out today with a Relay, MD and two Judges and really didn't miss much. I prefer taking neutral molds and doing the work myself, so these were right up my alley.

Stupid thunderstorms prevented me from getting in an actual round with the Relay. I was able to get in a few soaked throws at the park though.

It feels small in the hand, and is flat, which makes it feel even smaller. When fondling it, I thought this might affect my drives a bit, but it felt fine when throwing. The Relay is one of the straightest MVP discs out of the box. Instead of a longer Theory, I'd say it's a shorter Plasma Amp. I found the glide to be on par with the better gliding MVP/Axiom discs...not huge, but controllably glidey.
I didn't throw it on hyzers, but it handles straight shots with ease, and annys well, even for my noodle arm.

I definitely agree with Mike, in that it's less stable than an Inspire, and also a Switch. The fade is also less at the end. It is basically a laser, and doesn't take much effort to get it to the destination...which should win over many lesser arms and beginners.

I don't think you could make a better disc for the event like the Circuit, and there's no doubt players are going to come away pleased with this offering.

Has it been mentioned when the Relay will be released to retailers? I'd like to pick up a light one as soon as they're available. My tester is a 174, and it's straight, but can be worked easily to a turnover. I'm interested in hearing how the lightest ones fly.

Has it been mentioned when the Relay will be released to retailers? I'd like to pick up a light one as soon as they're available. My tester is a 174, and it's straight, but can be worked easily to a turnover. I'm interested in hearing how the lightest ones fly.

Pretty sure you're gonna be waiting a while. Circuit-exclusive, and those run until the end of September. Early players packs for the Circuit have had Relays in the 170s so trying to find a light one might be difficult for a bit.

just purchase from the TD's. that's best thing for everyone. If you do not have a event locally find someone with some extra stock who is willing to sell them--If the event is in the future all you need to do is let them know what molds you want! I plan on picking up a few different discs that way.

just purchase from the TD's. that's best thing for everyone. If you do not have a event locally find someone with some extra stock who is willing to sell them--If the event is in the future all you need to do is let them know what molds you want! I plan on picking up a few different discs that way.

Id be willing to pick one up like this!

Im not sure if there will be one within a 200-300ish hundred mile radius from me.

The Relay feels very natural in the hand. The angle on the outside of the wing slots into my power grip nicely and combines with the small rim to make for a very confident grip for me. I didn't think to compare it to my inspire or switches but rather tossed it up and down my road on it's own. I felt it to be a controllable disc in both regards, a good amount of stability high and low speed, but certainly not so much that it can't be worked. A disc that will work for a variety of skill levels like a tangent is what I thought. I imagined shot's which have to turn around a particular tree and then fade back left a good ways down the fairway from my first impressions. I really like slow controllable drivers and I can see myself throwing this a good amount. I'll have to give it some play on the course and see what disc's shots it is stealing.

I threw mine harder today and def see why some have said less HSS than switch and Inspire. THanks to the lower speed i think it will be accessible to a wider range of power levels though.

Latest posts