• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Relay

My wife has two of those R2, PDGA turtle Relays. I imagine they would suit her game but I'm going to discourage her from experimenting with too many different discs because I wish someone with some experience would have explained the whole Indian/arrow thing to me when I was starting out.

I hope she'll just sit on her Relays until she really gets her game dialed in and then I'll suggest she gives them a try.

My wife has two of those R2, PDGA turtle Relays. I imagine they would suit her game but I'm going to discourage her from experimenting with too many different discs because I wish someone with some experience would have explained the whole Indian/arrow thing to me when I was starting out.

I hope she'll just sit on her Relays until she really gets her game dialed in and then I'll suggest she gives them a try.

Outof curiosity what disc is she focusing on instead? Seems like a nice light Relay is pretty much ideal for beginners...

Outof curiosity what disc is she focusing on instead? Seems like a nice light Relay is pretty much ideal for beginners...

Well, assuming the wind isn't a factor, she leans hard on her Diamonds. It's amazing how well she can shape shots with them especially since she only started playing this past summer.

When the wind is up she'll throw an Instinct instead.

What's an Indian/arrow thing, Walter?

Relay vs Crave was a tough bag battle for me. One of my craves has a lower parting line than all the others and flies like a relay... The end result was bagging craves including the low parting line one... I have no idea if my proton low parting line crave is an oddball or not, I am happy that it simplified my bag a bit though...

Relay vs Crave was a tough bag battle for me. One of my craves has a lower parting line than all the others and flies like a relay... The end result was bagging craves including the low parting line one... I have no idea if my proton low parting line crave is an oddball or not, I am happy that it simplified my bag a bit though...

Booooooooooooooooooooooo!

You have chosen..... Poorly.

Haha

Hey relay throwers. Has anyone ditched there relay in favor of the Rhythm? I feel like the Rhythm is great for flipping up. Going to relay distance i end up a lot of times just throwing my hex. Is it worth keeping relay and rhythm in the bag?

Hey relay throwers. Has anyone ditched there relay in favor of the Rhythm? I feel like the Rhythm is great for flipping up. Going to relay distance i end up a lot of times just throwing my hex. Is it worth keeping relay and rhythm in the bag?

In a word, yes. I have pretty much ditched the relay, the extra distance on the rhythm is welcome and the more s shaping or straightnability as well

In a word, yes. I have pretty much ditched the relay, the extra distance on the rhythm is welcome and the more s shaping or straightnability as well

Interesting re Relay vs Rythm. Look pretty similar by the numbers but I could believe it even though Relay can boom for a six speed. On that note, my Relay definitely farther than my Hex.

I've not thrown a Rhythm, yet. I gues that's a comparison I'll have to make, if the distance is a bit easier with the Rhythm.

Rhythm felt easier for that distant slot. Lost my well seasoned relay and the new one I got just isn't the same.
It feels like a lot of overlap with that relay and my fusion hex. Rhythm might be bumping my relay out unfortunately. I loved my old relay.

Interesting re Relay vs Rythm. Look pretty similar by the numbers but I could believe it even though Relay can boom for a six speed. On that note, my Relay definitely farther than my Hex.

They throw fairly similar too, the relay is a little slower so it is also a little more touchy with angles. I will still reach for the relay for anhyzers and a little more touch control. It goes pretty far and I have a bunch of the older less stable ones.

The circuit rhythm is just a little more forgiving, kind of like the relays big brother. I can put it out on a hard touch of anhyzer shot and it will wander a little but fade back. If I throw the same shot flat or touch of hyzer it will still fly roughly the same maybe 10-15' of lateral movement but also longer than a relay. Standard stock rhythms are closer to craves.

They throw fairly similar too, the relay is a little slower so it is also a little more touchy with angles. I will still reach for the relay for anhyzers and a little more touch control. It goes pretty far and I have a bunch of the older less stable ones.

The circuit rhythm is just a little more forgiving, kind of like the relays big brother. I can put it out on a hard touch of anhyzer shot and it will wander a little but fade back. If I throw the same shot flat or touch of hyzer it will still fly roughly the same maybe 10-15' of lateral movement but also longer than a relay. Standard stock rhythms are closer to craves.

Sounds nice, honestly. Wish I could justify, already carry Crave and Relay. My Crave is older and I suspect more stable than current runs