• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

Yeah should've read the reviews before buying(172g neutron). The thing flies like a 2nd run fd which is fine but not what I was looking for. Mine just flies straight, doesn't turn but holds annies on 320-350' throws. I'd give it maybe 6,5 4 0 1,5 ratings.

Yeah it flew like a really good Teebird3 for me.

Unfortunately the old ones were a nice baby Firebird and these just aren't that anymore.

I wonder if the new Conrad fairway will be the death of the Resistor.

Yeah it flew like a really good Teebird3 for me.

Unfortunately the old ones were a nice baby Firebird and these just aren't that anymore.

I wonder if the new Conrad fairway will be the death of the Resistor.

Maybe, but I hope not. I rather adore MVP's 6.5 speed molds and haven't ever found an 8 that I've liked.

Picked up a new Resistor to back up my old one and wow, different disc.

Turned it over on a gentle flick into a steady headwind, and it barely started to come out when it hit the ground. My jaw hit the floor. Pulled out a Proton Crave (my most overstable of my many Craves), repeated the shot, and it faded in perfectly.

Not sure what to make of this new Resistor, but mildly annoyed I can't rely on it into a wind. May as well just flick a Pyro in.

Turned it over on a gentle flick into a steady headwind, and it barely started to come out when it hit the ground. My jaw hit the floor. Pulled out a Proton Crave (my most overstable of my many Craves), repeated the shot, and it faded in perfectly.

Not sure what to make of this new Resistor, but mildly annoyed I can't rely on it into a wind. May as well just flick a Pyro in.

Yeah they suck. Huge let down when I picked up a new run.

Hard to fathom how that mold got botched but it definitely isn't the same mold. I bet they retooled when they changed their machines and nixed all those older models.

That's a bummer to hear. I've got two older neutrons & they are both reliably os even in the wind. Sounds like it's time to get back into my Firebirds.

So new ones compared to a new run servo? I play often in wind and wanted something more os than the servo but the same speed...

So new ones compared to a new run servo? I play often in wind and wanted something more os than the servo but the same speed...

I have a pair of current Resistors and a current Servo in the bag. Never threw an original Resistor, so not speaking to the differences there or any attendant hurt feelings. Current Resistor tracks pretty well to the numbers relative to the current Servo: a little less turn and a little more fade, but neither is egregious. Not debating whether the current 0/3.5 meshes with the previous, as I'm sure it doesn't. But it's stiffer than the Servo, disc to disc.

Are there any flight reviews on the 2022 Halloween Resistor? It looks much flatter than the last run but my eyeballs aren't calibrated.

I keep hoping I jump on this thread & see everyone saying that the Resistor is back to it's original flight.

I have been bagging Resistors the last few months, it is what I expected based on flight numbers.

Slight hyzer flip throw results in a predictable, stable, straight flight, 0 turn, followed by a strong fade.

Perhaps with a flat release and a bigger arm it is not enough, but it is exactly what I was looking for.

The last release of Resistors is definitely back to its original flight. Flat and beefy. I love it. I didn't pick up a Halloween because I don't want to pay a premium for an ugly stamp, but I hear they're even more stable.

The glows are pretty beefy. It's fitting into my glow bag where a Hammes Raptor/Craptor would normally fit into my regular bag.

Have an eclipse one and definitely fits into an over stable roll, can't compare to the previous run…

I'd say these new Eclipse are the same stability as the older OS runs. Maybe even more stable. Haven't bought a new Resistor in some time as the last couple have been straighter. But I can say these new Eclipse ones are definitely overstable.

Latest posts