• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

If he meant -.2, than I think his numbers are pretty spot on. Although I'd put it at a "speed" 10.

-.2 turn for Mike C equals no turn for most of us. The bookends of the 4 DDs (Motion/Impulse) look to be out to the extremes is the gaps between all DDs are ballpark consistent.

-.2.- .... it's a dude shrugging his shoulders

I gave ZJ the numbers 10/5/-1/2 and it should be noted that the DN system does not work on decimals. I'd say 10.5/5.5/-.5/2 in the real world of made up half-numbers.

IMO if headwinds or a super smash can push it over in a smooth non-torquey way, it gets at least a -0.5 or -1 ... up to and including -1 is all sober-driving clean American cruise control stable

I'm gonna have to get a couple of these in the 150's, may give my stash of 150 PD's a run for their money...

I don't have any of the Shocks, Volts or Amps since they didn't make them in 150 class, which I use for drivers, Looks like this will fit in well in my bag with their 150 fairways.

-.2.- .... it's a dude shrugging his shoulders

I gave ZJ the numbers 10/5/-1/2 and it should be noted that the DN system does not work on decimals. I'd say 10.5/5.5/-.5/2 in the real world of made up half-numbers.

IMO if headwinds or a super smash can push it over in a smooth non-torquey way, it gets at least a -0.5 or -1 ... up to and including -1 is all sober-driving clean American cruise control stable

Hmmm... numbers here are similar to a Krait which has been a winner for me. I'd be happy to replace my Krait with some tasty MVP...

It also reminded me of my fresh X Avenger, for those familiar with that disc.

Just got a couple tosses in with mine. Blue, 172. Much too beefy for me, but big arms will love it. Even those with moderate arms should find it pretty workable, too, and if I come across one in 150 class when I have some funds I may give it a run.

-.2, not -2. I felt like it had a tiny bit of left to right drift. Hardly any but enough for me to not say 0 hss. It could of just been the wind though, these past two days have been extremely windy for our area.

-.2, not -2. I felt like it had a tiny bit of left to right drift. Hardly any but enough for me to not say 0 hss. It could of just been the wind though, these past two days have been extremely windy for our area.

Pretty impressive on the video given the winds lately. Thought you were going to Ace one of those drives for sure. Nice selection they hooked you up with. I think a lot of people cringed to see you throwing the LE ;-)

After watching I preordered 2. I never preorder discs but I can't wait to throw these.

Tesla Test

I received a beautiful blue 172 Tesla for testing a couple of days ago. I've had some great opportunities to throw it in some windy conditions on several different lines.

As a PD-lover I can say that the Tesla is reminding me a whole lot of my old standard. It compares to my favorite PDs much more than the Volt does it terms of range and flight-line behavior and I think I've been resurrecting some old muscle memory. I say this because I have gotten some absolutely sick lines throwing annies/flat shots into the wind that should have had me guessing much more at the release angles. The Inertia has really been growing on me, but it required some adjustment on my part. The Tesla is much more intuitive for me and I already feel like I can get 100% of my power into it.

Tesla Vs Volt
I know a lot of people are going to be interested in this (it will probably have it's own thread). On paper they are going to look similar, but I've been throwing the Volt a long time and I've been noticing major differences while testing my Tesla so far. First of all is feel...The Volt(Amp/Shock) are shallow molds where the Tesla is deeper and this gives them a completely different feel in the hand. Speedwise the Tesla feels at least a point faster out of the hand than the Volt...Mine is very flat and fast for it's rim size. It also tends to fade in a more pronounced way than the Volt, but gets more forward penetration while fading. The Tesla pushes forward better on a hyzer line as well. For these reasons I can see how MVP is claiming more glide. The Tesla can pull out of a deeper anny (great for forced annies FH/BH).

Flightwise the difference between the Tesla and Volt are similar to the differences between a PD and Teebird. The Tesla can get a lot more action on the transition between turned over back to fade and a lot more skip as well. The Volt has a slower and more deliberate line.

I like Zam's numbers...For my throw a fast disc with -1 is never going to turn unless I make it (I've been throwing 400ish lately) and these are always the discs I've preferred for non-turning lines out in the open.

You still bag a sword? I always used mine like a faster volt (rough comparison) and am curious if you feel any overlap between the tesla and sword...?!

My bag is in flux...I'm still adjusting to the move from FL to MI and the vastly different demands of the courses and conditions. I still have my Swords and throw them from time to time, though I haven't been playing with them.

The Tesla doesn't compare to the Sword for me...The Sword is slower and straighter, the Tesla more overstable. I could easily put my Swords on slight annies that didn't come back much if at all. The Tesla is not as neutral and is more versatile on hyzer lines.

The Tesla doesn't compare to the Sword for me...The Sword is slower and straighter, the Tesla more overstable. I could easily put my Swords on slight annies that didn't come back much if at all. The Tesla is not as neutral and is more versatile on hyzer lines.

That's actually good to hear b/c I didn't like how swords beat in as much as I did when they were fresh with a touch of LSS. Your comparison RE: the volt sounds very accurate. I know exactly what you mean about how the volt responds to angles and glad to see the speed difference and added glide allow for superior line shaping at longer distances.

Guess ill have to test it out on some rollers :D

Nice to read the Sword comparisons... Just picked one of those up to test and was going to pit it against the Tesla once I can snag one of those.

Curious to know also with folks who bag Volts and Servos... does the Tesla have you questioning carrying the Volt as well? I've seen definitive distance differences in between Switch, Amp and Inertia, so it'll be interesting to see if there's similar iterations between Servo/Volt/Tesla as well.

Always fun figuring out where those new releases can slot into a bag :)

I think people will be finding the Tesla more OS overall than the Volt. I think Volts fly a little bit more workable and neutral while the Tesla will fight out of flat and anhyzer flights more aggressively.

Latest posts