• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

I think people will be finding the Tesla more OS overall than the Volt. I think Volts fly a little bit more workable and neutral while the Tesla will fight out of flat and anhyzer flights more aggressively.

Good to know. Hopefully there will be plenty of low 160's available at release to minimize some of the beefiness for those of us in the "non-cannon arm" crowd. :thmbup:

Nice!! (Where's the emoticon for getting your credit card out of your wallet???)

ZJ - Did you guys ever do anymore Skullboy Eclipse Volts? Thought you mentioned in another thread they were going to be stamped, but have only seen the 3013 stamped ones on your site. Just curious. Thanks!

Not yet. I have a few boxes of MVP I'll be stamping this weekend including the Eclipse Volt and Tesla. Had some things that got pushed up in the stamping queue that delayed the Volts unfortunately.

Not yet. I have a few boxes of MVP I'll be stamping this weekend including the Eclipse Volt and Tesla. Had some things that got pushed up in the stamping queue that delayed the Volts unfortunately.

Appreciate the heads up. I'll keep an eye out. Just put through my Tesla order.... guess you'll be getting another soon then too ;-) Thanks!

lmvp-teslasbpo-ntn.jpg

had to share the gnarly, another awesome stamp.

Skull boy should make an MVP sponsored comic book. That stamp is sick. Nice video Mike. Looks like a great disc and I can't help but think their might be an axiom disc in between the Tesla and Inertia like someone else said.

I've been wondering what's up with my mail person all week, every day checking in vain. MY GF is on the way out the door this morning, and I'm like , " don't mind me I'll just be staring out the window at the mailbox all day". And she tries to be all casual," oh yah, I got those discs in my car" :angry: "HOW LONG!?"
"Um yesterday or the day before, or I guess it was three days ago, here yah go gotta go" I'm just standing in the driveway as she drives away shaking my head. :|:| f'n A yo. Women....Well time to go try the Tesla.

Yea, I was wondering where your review was, Menace. You're probably going to get straighter throws from the Tesla than some of us. It should come in handy for those longer holes where you need a little more fade than the Volt would provide.

It just tested mine out, and really like it as a bulkier, beefier, older cousin of the volt.

At first glance the Tesla's profile is fairly reminiscent of the Inertia but in the hand that feeling passes away for me. The bottom half of the wing on my tester flares down more dramatically than any other MVP driver so far except for maybe the Resister. This causes it to have a more "square" feeling in the hand for me, while other MVP drivers so far have had a "flatter" feel. So in the hand, the bit of extra bulk, based on feel alone puts it in a category with the Resister and Firebird.

Expecting it to be rather beefy taken to the air I was pleasantly surprised at the glide and workability I was getting. The Tesla holds up to the way it feels in terms of fade at the end of the flight, as previously said with a nice forward fade as opposed to a harsh dump. I will be excited to test this out in some headwinds at some point because in the dead still air this morning I was getting no flipage. Thrown a gentle anhyzer I was getting nice s turns between 300-400 and thrown with close to my max power was able to get some laser shots in the same range with a reliable fade at the end. I tried a few rounds back and forth with forhands and was impressed with the Tesla being able to fight out of anhyzer on one I shanked. Relaible HSS with some workability and distance potential at this speed is a recipe for getting a lot of forhand use for me but I can see this disc getting a lot of use for flicks from a variety of skill levels.

I think the PD comparisons are pretty decent, though I want to say the Tesla is a bit faster. Overall I'm very impressed and looking forward to throwing the Tesla more.

I tried a few rounds back and forth with forhands and was impressed with the Tesla being able to fight out of anhyzer on one I shanked. Relaible HSS with some workability and distance potential at this speed is a recipe for getting a lot of forhand use for me but I can see this disc getting a lot of use for flicks from a variety of skill levels.

I think the PD comparisons are pretty decent, though I want to say the Tesla is a bit faster. Overall I'm very impressed and looking forward to throwing the Tesla more.

I too am finding the Tesla to be great on FH...For whatever reason I often impart some OAT on my Volt FHs, but the Tesla has been nothing but smooth sailing for me.

As far as speed goes I like getting into decimals. The Orc was my first disc to go 400', so I use it as my standard for comparison as a perfect speed 10. Compared to that I would give the Volt a solid 9, the PD a 9.5, and the Tesla a 10.5.

Would anyone who has a Tesla and an Inertia please take side-by-side profile pictures and post the images here?

Based on the profiles on MVP's website the only profile picture i have seen did not resemble what it should look like, im just wondering if there is some variation in consistency with their new speed 10 class.

Latest posts