• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

there is 0 chance an electron vector would need replacement before a dx anything. ive been driving with my electron ions and they only get straighter and longer. i have to ask, how many trees do you hit HARD during a round?

Electron sucks for durability but has great grip/feel... Only one power drive gone wrong and any electron mold ive thrown of every firmness gets a big fat lip warp.

DX all depends on the run but for sure some better vs electron when it comes to durability.

Renee your use might differ when only throwing 250'

I don't know what electron and what dx you've been throwing, but either you've gotta get me some of your electron and I've gotta get you some of my dx.

This.

You need to remember, renee, the vector has a sharper edge than a putter. Thus it will season faster. You can doubt it's durability review if you want. I encourage you to try it as well. But do remember that I said despote that that I plan on getting more. I plan on starting a cycle.

im gonna throw an electron vector every shot for 10 years and then still throw a pure hyzer over the moon

edit: paypal ready for someone to send one one of these badboys.

Last edited:
Everyone talks about electron being really fragile, but I've never thrown a baseline blend that could take a power throw directly into a tree and not warp in some way. What baseline blends ya'll throwing that don't do that? Every one I've tried since the first year I've played deforms in some way....all the various Gateway plastics, DX, DD Prime, Discraft D, MVP Electron etc.

I don't expect a Vector to take a full power rip into a tree without warping to some degree. But I also know from experience Rocs, Buzzzes and Wizards do the same thing.

What I think some people forget is many baseline mid / putter molds will warp some, then after taking that initial beating they settle into a spot and stay there quite a while. I had warped DX Rocs that held on to that straight flight stubbornly long before getting flippy, and my soft electron Atom I intentionally beat up hasn't changed flight or appearance in over a year despite some nasty tree hits.

It is expensive and low quality. The volt lasted all of a round b4 being a completely different disc and i have ions with rashed/gouges etc unlike many other baseline ive seen of any decent quality. Gateway offers like 100 flavors.

It offers good grip but that is it. Now if electron molds were $7-9 id be fine. And good DX or X is much better vs any electron including the firm.

Yeah, the price of electron is the sticking point. Durability versus DX is fairly debatable but DX wins as long as it is cheaper and seemingly as or more durable.

People think im some big MVP fanboi but i tell it like it is. They really need an entire different baseline plastic blend for those who don't love the uber tacky pencil erasers. They seriously are huge erasers. Try it....

I like my Electron Atom for putting, but oderwise it reminds me of Innova's XT plastic. Some older XT plastic feels like big pencil erasers. I'd imagine they wear (and warp) similarly, as well.

Wow, I love the debate going on here on baseline plastics! I have very little experience with Electron, but plenty with various baselines. To me there's softness and there's resistance to warping and those are 2 different things. From my own experience, I think resistance to warping is probably the more important of the two in terms of flight. I've found a lot (but not all) blends of DX to be somewhat soft (meaning they gouge and ding up pretty easily), but they seem pretty resistant to warping (for baseline). I've found XT to be just the opposite: it doesn't show physical damage much but it warps pretty easily. So I have DX Rocs that are pretty dinged up and ugly looking, but still fly great. Then I have a bunch of proto XT Colts that have seen a lot less flight time and LOOK pretty good, but have lost a lot more of their stability because they are subtly warped.

Of course any plastic can warp on a full power hit to a stationary object. A while ago, I threw a newish metal flake champion Krait into the tee sign for a shorter pad about 40 feet away from me at full power, and it warped majorly and became unusably understable. Champion plastic is generally pretty durable, but even that couldn't take a direct, full power drive into a metal sign that close. So don't throw your discs full power into trees that are close to you...

name one player that doesnt who buys these discs and I'll give you 1000 free MVPs

(edit no one wins sorry we all hit mad trees unless you play some BS courses)

name one player that doesnt who buys these discs and I'll give you 1000 free MVPs

(edit no one wins sorry we all hit mad trees unless you play some BS courses)

Lol, well yes we all hit trees for sure. Hopefully you don't hit one directly at 100% power that's 40 feet from you though. I know when I'm playing really tight, wooded courses I'm often throwing mostly mids and putters and trying to control them so usually not throwing 100%. Also, I usually get further down the fairway than 40 feet so the disc has time to slow down a little, and the tree hits are often glancing or involve small limbs, leaves, etc. If I threw any baseline disc 100% directly into a tree trunk 40 feet off the tee, then I would expect it to warp honestly, and I might be a little worried even by a non-baseline disc in that case.

Its grip and rip territory around here i don't know what some of you play but know for a fact ive mashed some trees unlike most. Ive once cut a 1/2 inch pine tree branch clean off with a DC flick so pretty sure i have the speed to comment and if i mash on a electron into whatever thing it will be warped.

And throwing the damn discs 40' off the tee isnt the point at all. Its actually using them vs being a ****ing noob dooooooooode half you all want to post about.

Lol, well yes we all hit trees for sure. Hopefully you don't hit one directly at 100% power that's 40 feet from you though.

I once tried to fast-break-in my FAF Star Valkyrie by throwing it into the brick wall of a school building as hard as I could from 30-40 feet away. Multiple times. That freaking Valk was still Thunderbird/Starfire overstable. Boiling water treatment didn't help, either... :wall:

Moral of the story: I need to try HughesHilton's metal sign... :thmbup:

I once tried to fast-break-in my FAF Star Valkyrie by throwing it into the brick wall of a school building as hard as I could from 30-40 feet away. Multiple times. That freaking Valk was still Thunderbird/Starfire overstable. Boiling water treatment didn't help, either... :wall:

Moral of the story: I need to try HughesHilton's metal sign... :thmbup:

Lol, well could just be that my MF Krait had some sort of internal flaw that made it more susceptible to warping as well. Who knows? I've thrown my 159g Star McBeth Fire-Destroyer into huge log about 50 times at point-blank range, and it's still incredibly overstable (albeit those weren't 100% throws, more like 60-70%). Then again, wood also has more give and spring back than metal or brick. Maybe I'd have more luck throwing that Destroyer into a metal sign as well (assuming I could find one big enough to hit easily).

Aim, from your comments you seem to think I'm actually arguing with you about Electron durability. I think I actually agreed with you though; grip it and rip it into some trees and it will certainly warp as you say. Maybe you're just too drunk to tell. ;) Next time I need someone to trim my trees though I'll forgo the arborist and just set up a basket and ask you to throw some discs at them.

Lol, well could just be that my MF Krait had some sort of internal flaw that made it more susceptible to warping as well. Who knows? I've thrown my 159g Star McBeth Fire-Destroyer into huge log about 50 times at point-blank range, and it's still incredibly overstable (albeit those weren't 100% throws, more like 60-70%). Then again, wood also has more give and spring back than metal or brick. Maybe I'd have more luck throwing that Destroyer into a metal sign as well (assuming I could find one big enough to hit easily).

Aim, from your comments you seem to think I'm actually arguing with you about Electron durability. I think I actually agreed with you though; grip it and rip it into some trees and it will certainly warp as you say. Maybe you're just too drunk to tell. ;) Next time I need someone to trim my trees though I'll forgo the arborist and just set up a basket and ask you to throw some discs at them.

Yeah... Good luck with that BS