• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Lol, well yes we all hit trees for sure. Hopefully you don't hit one directly at 100% power that's 40 feet from you though. I know when I'm playing really tight, wooded courses I'm often throwing mostly mids and putters and trying to control them so usually not throwing 100%. Also, I usually get further down the fairway than 40 feet so the disc has time to slow down a little, and the tree hits are often glancing or involve small limbs, leaves, etc. If I threw any baseline disc 100% directly into a tree trunk 40 feet off the tee, then I would expect it to warp honestly, and I might be a little worried even by a non-baseline disc in that case.
How many open wins you have DGCR champ? I am so jelly. But i do actually throw discs.......

Its grip and rip territory around here i don't know what some of you play but know for a fact ive mashed some trees unlike most. Ive once cut a 1/2 inch pine tree branch clean off with a DC flick so pretty sure i have the speed to comment and if i mash on a electron into whatever thing it will be warped.

Yeah, tip toeing around the trees in NC will only get you so far. Especially on holes like hole 7 at Castle Hayne:

b8c1c001.jpg

If you want a chance at a birdie you're going to have to grip and rip it, especially in the longs where you need some turnover action late.

Yeah, tip toeing around the trees in NC will only get you so far. Especially on holes like hole 7 at Castle Hayne:

If you want a chance at a birdie you're going to have to grip and rip it, especially in the longs where you need some turnover action late.

Looks like an easy ion rhfh hole?

Good one. At least i can throw without ripping my finger off and dont have a issue throwing US molds far as hell. Sorry? Maybe you need some help on grip and form.

Why are you mad i throw into other holes fairways with flippy ****?

Last edited:
Looks like an easy ion rhfh hole?

In the shorts (346') a mid or putter like an Ion was a smart play b/c the basket was just left of center, tucked into a few guardian trees. It used to be considered a par 4 also and it was definitely a soft par 4, a straight drive that stuck instead of skipping got you an easy birdie as long as you missed those initial trees. In the longs (419') though it was a different story, a legitimate par 4. This basket sits a good deal right of center, down a hill and then back up on a slope (or used to, I'm not sure if the new park road altered this hole or not). You had to go really straight most of the way and then fade right really abruptly (go too long and straight and you're in tree jail; too short and you've got a tough angle to hit for an upshot). Guys that could go for it off the tee usually threw like a beat Roc or similar mid for that tight turnover line. Some guys could flex a FH tight enough to get there but most mortals like myself just threw whatever got us long and straight enough that we could flick a FH around the corner without too many trees in the way and hopefully land around the basket without banging a pine tree and landing in the ditch.

It's a hole that Johansen and his Comet magic probably really shines.

Go to 9:20 in this vid to see MJ, Wiggins, Koling, and Schultz play it:

In the shorts (346') a mid or putter like an Ion was a smart play b/c the basket was just left of center, tucked into a few guardian trees. It used to be considered a par 4 also and it was definitely a soft par 4, a straight drive that stuck instead of skipping got you an easy birdie as long as you missed those initial trees. In the longs (419') though it was a different story, a legitimate par 4. This basket sits a good deal right of center, down a hill and then back up on a slope (or used to, I'm not sure if the new park road altered this hole or not). You had to go really straight most of the way and then fade right really abruptly (go too long and straight and you're in tree jail; too short and you've got a tough angle to hit for an upshot). Guys that could go for it off the tee usually threw like a beat Roc or similar mid for that tight turnover line. Some guys could flex a FH tight enough to get there but most mortals like myself just threw whatever got us long and straight enough that we could flick a FH around the corner without too many trees in the way and hopefully land around the basket without banging a pine tree and landing in the ditch.

It's a hole that Johansen and his Comet magic probably really shines.

Go to 9:20 in this vid to see MJ, Wiggins, Koling, and Schultz play it:

I would play like hack #2 but hit the deuce ;)

Zero bc i could give a **** less. Lol talk about a wannabe

Should i take my shirt off? Oh wait i dont have **** to prove nor do i torque.

This is hilarious because you CONSTANTLY act like you have something to prove on here. Why you even asking me if I have any open wins anyway if you neither care nor have anything to prove? I mean you pretty much never stop trolling, but you're fairly easy to bate as well honestly. And you can look up my 919-rated ass on the PDGA website and see all my abysmal tournament finishes anytime you like. I don't hide my real name; it's my handle.

Latest posts