• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

I'm gonna try a couple
anywhere other than sunking?

I talked to Wade at discgolfcenter. He said he has them ordered already and is just waiting for MVP to ship them to him. So discgolfcenter should have some next week.

My ESP Wasp isn't as overstable as I'd like it to be, considering I have a beat in X buzzz, a glo z buzzz and a core (overlap I know) but I'm thinking I want a Hornet. Is this thing that overstable or should I just get a Hornet or Pain or something?

Yeah, I love my ions and like the sounds of the vector, but I'm just not sure I need another disc that overlaps my buzzzes and core.

This disc is much closer to Hornet stability than Buzzz or Core. It's definitely as stable as a Hornet, but it has more glide so the flight goes a little more forward.

How does the stability compare to an Opto Pain? I wonder if those two can coexist in a bag w/o too much overlap.

I'm wondering the same BrotherDave. I just recently got a Pain and have also thought about picking up a Z Hornet as well as a Vector, but it sounds like there may be quite a bit of overlap between these 3 discs.

How does the stability compare to an Opto Pain? I wonder if those two can coexist in a bag w/o too much overlap.

I really think the Pain, Hornet, and Vector all occupy the same niche when new. I really liked the Hornet before I had the Vector, but now it seems second rate. I've only thrown a GL pain a couple of times, so I can't really compare the two extensively. I know that the Vector is faster and more overstable than that GL Pain. I will test the Opto soon...but I doubt it's going to hold a candle to the Vector. Gyroscopics rule.

I think the Vector and Hornet have some distinct differences. The Hornet only seems to glide at high speeds, where the Vector glides well at medium to high speeds. The Hornet, although a fairly overstable disc, does flatten a bit for me into the wind. This delays the fade significantly, if not killing it altogether. I've yet to see the Vector's flight significantly affected by a headwind in any way (I've only gotten to test it up to 10-15mph, but this was enough to affect the Hornet). In calm conditions the Hornet and Vector are a similar stability. The Vector starts fading a bit earlier, but goes more forward on the fade. The Hornet fades a little later, but more laterally. Out of the hand I'm still going to give the speed edge to the Hornet, but the Vector holds it's speed better down the fairway.

Thanks for all the info discspeed, really appreciate the great breakdown of the disc. Can't wait to get my hands on one. It needs to be march first like.....last week.

you all are making me want to buy one especially since i just got my hands on an Ion and so far I like it:clap:, but i don't have the money for new discs :thmbdown:

I threw one today... and like it! I will definately be getting one once they come out. I threw it into a prolly 15mph(ish) headwind and it popped up flat, but still faded to the left (RHBH). Feels sortve like a hornet, but different.

Hmmm... it sounds like the Vector is gonna be a little more overstable than I was hoping for. Oh well, maybe the next disc they come out with will be a little more to my liking. I'll probably try one at some point, though.

Any word on when this disc will be available? Sorry if I missed it on a previous post, have a trip coming up in a couple weeks to IDGC. Would like to have a vector in the bag by then if possible.