• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Got to throw the vector a little bit today, squared a tree almost every throw with it :wall:, but it flew very nice on those rare occasional nice throws.

So it's faster, longer, and more HSS than a buzzz. How does it compare to a Stalker?
I would definitely say more HSS than a Stalker, maybe just a tad more LSS. If you use a Stalker as a sort of tweener between your mids and your drivers, I think the Vector could take that spot.
I currently have a Star Gator and a GL Core in my bag. For those who have thrown it, the Vector sounds like it would fit perfectly between them am I correct with this assumption? I love the Ion and know I will be buying a Vector soon, knowing this info will only make the temptation worse.

I would assume so but I've never messed with Gators much. It's definitely more overstable than a Core.

are there flat and domey ones?

i'd hope that they'd all be consistent, and since broD said his was flat, i'm expecting a flat one on monday when it comes.

When I was looking through all the ones at gotta go gotta throw, the most prevalent shape was a slight dome. There were some that were pancake flat and some that had super domes, these looked like they were warped during shipping, not a manufacturing error.

Mine's flat.

We had a windy snowstorm this Sunday, so it's hard to really gauge how it did. It seemed to handle the wind better than my Buzzz and Fuse.

Threw a few putts with it, and this disc will be a no-brainer in any one-and-done matches. The green shows up great in the snow, as it turns out!

All in all, it is going to spend some time in the bag. Me likey.:thmbup:

just got mine in the mail. slightly domey clear 176g. Can't wait to get out tomorrow and try it. Definitely looking into dying it.

Got in a 178 Lime and a 175 clear vector today. First impressions is they are very well made solid discs, the proton plastic is beautiful. Both had a slight dome, which I think is good for adding a little glide under them.

Just got back from throwing in a field, there's a storm blowing in bringing wind with it, so we had some 10-15mph gusts. The vector didn't seem to much care about the wind, really didn't notice much of a flight difference with or without wind. Awesome. The previous reviews by discspeed are dead on. When you get a good rip on these things, they fly straight and then start to have a very slight forward fade as they slow down. Fade is very predictable. Also had a few bad throws, been having some OAT issues lately, and the Vector didn't seem to care about that much either, always trying to correct and flatten out. Very nice disc, I need more already.

yea once I got mine in the mail today and through it a few times I quickly bought another first run before they are all gone.

HPIM0969.JPG

1- heat water to roughly 140F
2- pour in packet of rit dye...avail at walmart or fabric stores
3- stir well...water should cool slightly(you're looking for 130ish target temp)
4- submerge disc
5- wait 1-2 mins
6- remove disc and rinse
7- if disc color is satisfactory, go throw disc, otherwise repeat starting at step 4

1- heat water to roughly 140F
2- pour in packet of rit dye...avail at walmart or fabric stores
3- stir well...water should cool slightly(you're looking for 130ish target temp)
4- submerge disc
5- wait 1-2 mins
6- remove disc and rinse
7- if disc color is satisfactory, go throw disc, otherwise repeat starting at step 4

gracias

Latest posts