• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Bag 15 months in.

bfowler

Double Eagle Member
I did one of these 6 months in and it's crazy to see how much my bag has changed. Out of 14 disc I still carry 3 from that setup but they get very little use.

So, here my present bag 9 months later and 15 months after I first picked up a disc.

I upgraded my bag to a Red Latitude 64 Pro Bag. Love, love, love this thing. I've got some straps ordered and on the way for it. I also carry a disc towel now and a birdie bag.

Overstable to Stable Drivers: (in order of most overstable to stable)

Lat64 XXX - 165 - Wind fighter. Cuts hard.

MVP Resistor - 172 - Same as the XXX but stays straight longer and easier to range. I can also flick it a lot better. XXX might now make it.

MVP Shock - 174 - My longest disc that will absolutely fade left and will not turn over.

Discraft Avenger - 169 - I've got a lot of other discs that can do what this one does and better but not in the wind. This is my goto disc when it gets windy out. Could move to the backup side pocket unless it's windy.

Lat64 Saint - 169 - Tons of glide, goes far but the great thing this disc does is hyzer bombs. It goes straight for a long time and then hands a left and keep going and going and going. Also a pretty good flick disc when I want a lot of fade.

MVP Volt - 167 - Slight overstable to straight. I can get a nice S curve with this disc and it's my longest flick disc.

Orion LF - 150 - Super distance. Fights wind better than any 150 disc should.

Stable to Understable Drivers: (in order of stable to most understable)

Prodigy D4 - 169 - My only high speed disc in the bag and the one I've thrown the farthest. I can get a giant long "S" curve with this thing. I can also hyzer flip it for long distance too.

MVP Amp - 172 - This is the most used disc in my bag. Totally control. Laser beam straight when thrown flat with a slight hyzer. I can slow roll it 10 feet the right or left or hyzer or anhyzer bomb it. Far or short it does what I want it to.

Lat64 River - 174 - Straight, lots of glide. Small fade at the end.

Prodigy F7 - 169 - I bought this because I had a gift card and I loved the color. A beautiful Robin's Egg blue. Turns out I can get some monster anhyzer with this thing.

Lat64 Fury - 170 - The best anhyzer disc on the market. Tons of control. Goes straight for 150 feet on a hard flat pull before turning right and gliding out another 150 feet if not more.

Innova Mamba - 150 - Light. Easy monster anhyzer bombs that keep turning and turning and turning.

Midrange: (From most stable to least stable)

MVP Vector - It's a Roc that takes a lot longer to beat in and has good fade at the end.

Discraft Buzzz - Brand new. Just got it. Wanted something that has some fade in between the Vector and the super straight Axis below.

MVP Axis - 176 - Got my first Ace with this disc and started my love affair with MVP discs. Straights disc I've ever thrown. Tons of control. Might be my favorite disc in the bag.

MVP Tangent - 172 - Still trying to figure this disc out. My Axis does most of what it does but faster. It flys like a putter but goes like a midrange. Shorter than the Axis too.

Lat64 Fuse - 172 - Take everything I said about the Fury and apply it to the Fuse, only shorter.

I also carry a backup Axis and a beat DX Roc I use for water holes or shots where I might lose plastic. That disc was money for about 1 month. Found I did not like cycling discs.

I do have a Proton Volt on the way because it's supposed to be more overstable that a regular Volt but not crazy OS like the Shock. We'll see how that one works out.

Putters:

I don't like throwing putters off the tee. Deep rims catch on my fingers. I've got two putters. A 169 Anode I use when putter up hill and my main putter, a 175 Anode. Disc I've had the longest and voted most likely to never leave my bag.

I fully understand that 20 disc is a lot and I could get rid of 8 of them or so and not miss a beat but I like the different discs and figuring out different things they can do. I like my options and experimenting.

My only comment is you have a lot of overlap, but if the high mold count doesn't bother you, then go for it. How do you choose between Avenger / Saint / OLF for a given shot? Amp / River / F7 / Fury? Buzzz / Axis / Tangent? Tangent / Fuse?

As for driving with putters and having them catch on your fingers, try a fan grip.

Hope this helps!