• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag after a year and a half

frabs

Vitals:
Years playing/experience:DG, 1 year 6 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) Wizard (225'/250'), Fuse (250'/300'), Eagle (275'/330'), Mamba (300'/340')

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: None
Additional Information: I play the drums, so I am fairly coordinated with good hand control. Most of the courses in my area are short, so I rarely get to throw anything longer than a mid, so I don't know most of my long drivers that well.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Feels like too many putter molds, distance driver lineup feels weak, fairway lineup felt weak until I added the Eagles a couple days ago.
Specific areas of desired feedback:Do I have too many molds, especially in my putters?
Immediate and long-term goals: I would like a more consistent and useable sidearm shot, as well as more consistency in my approach game.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:
Latitude 64 Bolt: (???/Opto) (Used, but not too beat)-Bought it used for $5. Flips just slightly, feels good for such a big rim. This thing is FAST and it glides. Way less touchy than my Mamba, but not quite as long.

Innova Wraith: (167/Star) (Worn, but still overstable)-Headwind driver. Thrown low, hard flat and into the wind, this thing will bomb. Love it in the wind, but don't really use it for anything other than long drives into a headwind.

Innova Wraith: (167/Pro) (Fairly new)-Sidearm driver. I can sidearm this one 280' or so on a good day. Straight, accurate and fairly controllable back hand. Similar range as my Bolt, but with less turn and glide.

Innova Mamba: (167/Champion) (Fairly new)-Max distance. Thrown on a hyzer, this disc will flip, sail off into the distance, turn over, and gently fade back. I have had my longest throws with this driver. However, this disc is VERY touchy. Sometimes it doesn't flip enough, sometimes it turns and burns. Love the glide and distance, but it is so touchy and difficult for me to be consistent with that I'm thinking about dropping it.

Innova Orc: (167/Champion) (Fairly new)-OH distance/headwind drives. A slightly shorter and more accurate Wraith. I'm guessing I can probably either drop this or the Star Wraith and not be missing anything.

Innova Beast: (163/Champion) (Perfectly broken in)-Strikes a nice balance between speed and control for me. Controllable fade, flips and glides with just the right amount of turn. My go-to distance driver.

Fairway Drivers:
Latitude 64 Vision: (???/Gold) (Used)-Bought used for $5. Perfect turnover control driver. Flips, glides and banks right on a normal throw. Turns hard right if I want it to. Very easy to control.

Innova Eagle: (170/Star) (New)-Bought recently, haven't thrown it much yet. Deadly accurate sidearm, predictable fade. I plan to use it into the wind, but haven't had a chance to throw it into a headwind yet.

Innova Eagle: (16?/DX) (Beat)-Bought used in the same purchase as the Star Eagle. Love at first throw. I've played with this one a fair bit and I absolutely love it. VERY easy to control, very accurate. As long as it isn't too windy, this driver always seems to do exactly what I want it to do. Got metal on my first shot with it, 275' hole.

Latitude 64 River: (169/Opto) (New)-Received as a gift almost a year ago. I've barely thrown it. It glides well, but other than that I haven't been that impressed. Mostly carrying it as a place holder in my bag.

Latitude 64 River: (165/Gold) (Slight wear)-My go-to control driver before I got the DX Eagle. Accurate and controllable, with incredible glide. I like this disc, but aside from the glide, the DX Eagle is better in every way.

Innova Viper: (180/DX) (Some wear)-Hard left turns. Rarely use this disc, but I'm glad to have it on the rare occasions I need something like this. Definitely a niche/specialty shot disc.

Mid Ranges:
Discraft Hornet (177/Elite-Z) (Worn)-Overstable midrange duties. I use this on midrange shots where I want no chance of turn with a strong fade. Reliable and predictable, I've had this disc for over a year and it has never failed me. Also my headwind mid.

Discraft Buzzz (176/Elite-Z) (Beat)-Solid reliable stable midrange. Goes dead straight, both BH and FH, with a slight fade. Also holds an anyhyzer well. Always a solid reliable choice.

Latitude 64 Fuse (174/Gold) (Worn)-Scary controllable mid. Flips, goes dead strait with unbelievable glide before gently banking right. I can also turn it over on command. Absolutely effortless to throw with great control. This is my main midrange unless the wind is too strong.

Putters:
Latitude 64 Sinus (171/AP) (Worn)-Very solid approach disc. I throw this one on windy putter drives, short flex shots, and shots where I want the disc to sit down and stay put. Incredibly useful, this disc sees a lot of action.

Innova KC Pro Aviar (175/Glow) (Worn)-Main driving putter. I used to have an HPP Wizard in this slot, but I lost it and haven't been able to replace it. Very easy to control, longer with more glide and less fade than the Sinus.

Gateway Magic (172/Medium) (Worn)-Anhyzers, turn overs, and short wooded tunnel shots. I can easily anhyzer this disc, I can turn it over on command, or I can get it to fly dead strait with no fade. Very controllable, absolutely love this disc.

Gateway Wizard (175/Supersoft) (Worn)-Putting. I've been putting with this disc for over a year and have no intention of switching.

Sorry I kind of wrote an essay for each disc. College has ruined me in that way.

You could drop your distance drivers for now. The bolt, wraith, and mamba anyway. If you don't like your rivers, try putting a Leopard in there, or an XL; a mildly understable fairway; if the vision is what you want there, fine. Otherwise, I'd drop the vision. Mids look good. Probably want to replace your HPP Wizard to replace the Aviar.

I agree with Dan on the distance drivers. I would also drop the river. I was disappointed with it. Your DX eagle will fill that slot when it's nice and beat in. As far as the putter I would pic two One for putting and the other for driving and windy putts.

Thanks for the feed back you guys. I think you're probably right about the distance drivers. Except for the Mamba, they don't really go much farther than my Eagles, but I lose a lot of consistency and control. The Mamba is just so touchy I was thinking of ditching it anyway. Ideally, my drivers would be a stack of Eagles in various plastics and stages of wear, but breaking them in takes time. I would also like to eventually replace the Magic with a trashed Wizard. I ordered a new one today, so hopefully I'll be on my way to having that soon.

Latest posts