• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My new Nuke SS just replaced my Roadrunner. I almost now have an Innova Free Bag

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I just got two Nuke SS's in the mail. One of them is one of the most understable discs I have ever thrown. Even if I hyzer flip it, it still goes understable.

I was pissed at first, and then I decided to put it side by side with my old Roadrunner, and it out flew the Roadrunner, and was much more consistent for understable drives.

I guess the positive side is , one less Innova in my bag, and +1 for Discraft. :hfive:

The other one flies straight, and OK. My Flash will out fly it, so I guess I don't have the arm for it. Right now the only Innova in my bag are my floaters. If Discraft makes a floater, they will also be gone.

Pretty bold statement. The Nuke OS is flippy and long but not any better than a Roadrunner for precision turnovers. If it works, kudos.

My bag (Lat64 pro bag) is full of European goodness(Lat64/Westside), but could never replace that darn teebird. That said I will never be Innova free!

Pretty bold statement. The Nuke OS is flippy and long but not any better than a Roadrunner for precision turnovers. If it works, kudos.

Its a Nuke SS not a Nuke OS. I have the OS ,and that is the most overstable disc I have ever thrown. That thing is so over stable, when I have it in my truck, it throws off the alignment.

I did some understable shots in an open field, and the NUKE SS beat the Roadrunner by 20ft. Plus, I have to make the Roadrunner turn. The NUKE SS turns on its own.

20' ? Id rather sacrifice the extra d for more accuracy with the rr. 20' isnt much difference considering the nuke is apeed 13 and rr is speed 9. to each their own I guess.

20' ? Id rather sacrifice the extra d for more accuracy with the rr. 20' isnt much difference considering the nuke is apeed 13 and rr is speed 9. to each their own I guess.

I'm pretty sure that he said that it was 20' IN ADDITION to being more consistent....

I am a big Discraft/Lat 64 fan as well. I still use either my Aviar or Wizard/Warlock and a few Innova drivers--mainly wraith and valkyrie.

if ya want an innova free bag just take them out.

And make sure to start a new thread on it because brand zealotry is downright precious.

im totally innova free now too....got tired of innovas 8x 9x 10x 155x crap...with discraft you know what your getting when you buy a new disc. i seen new boss's that are 13 5 0 3 and new wraiths that are 12 5 -1 3...pretty stupid to change the disc and call it the exact same name.

I really like the NukeSS even tho I don't have enough arm to work it proper. It throws like my OrionLS, will hold a line well despite wind and is very responsive for accuracy. And it's hot pink. :)

I don't mind Innova, my Star Skeeter is the closest thing to an old Lightning Disc Texan I have been able to find and I rock that mold for an approach disc. :)

I'm not getting why there is such brand loyalty? My bag is a lot of everything except gateway (too inconstant in the plastic for me to replace a lost disc without a bunch of work). Mostly Discraft and Vibram but also several Lat64 and a couple Innova. I guess I throw what works for me and am not super concerned about brand/mold/prestige. I know I won't throw something I can't go replace from a shelf somewhere. I'd be bummed about losing one because most have a dye on them, but those were my "testers" anyway.

Love Nuke SS

I am absolutely in love with my Nuke SS. I can hyzer flip it into a nice S curve, I can get it to hold soft to hard anny's. I've even had it hold a soft anny for 300' the entire way into the ground. For me that's awesome! This disc is NOT leaving the bag.

im totally innova free now too....got tired of innovas 8x 9x 10x 155x crap...with discraft you know what your getting when you buy a new disc. i seen new boss's that are 13 5 0 3 and new wraiths that are 12 5 -1 3...pretty stupid to change the disc and call it the exact same name.

You are not helping the fight against southern stereotypes. :(