• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] My search for perfect lazer straight mid-range

Z Meteor. Throw with slight hyzer at full power or flat powered down. Generally goes very straight to slight right turn with very little fade, especially when broken in.

A good QMS fits the bill as well

I second the QMS.

I've never thrown a Sirius Aurora MS. That might be even straighter...

Black Zombie Crossbow was my go-to for a bit. It's a modified Gateway Element (if my memory serves me correctly).

And, I'm curious about the new DGA Rift for this slot.

There are some generalizations that hold true for most players but ultimately, Three Putt has got it right:
A problem with the Interwebz is that what will work for you depends on a ton of factors: form, power, preferred route, etc. For a Mako 3 to have huge fade I would think one of two things (or both): Either you are not getting a lot of power behind the throw or/and you are throwing it on a high line with the nose up. Both of those things would make a Mako3 fade.

If it's the power issue, you could switch to a less stable mid and it *should* straighten out a little for you. If you are throwing nose up, everything is going to stall and hyzer out to some degree so you would be better off working on your throwing technique than switching discs.

Be aware, though. There are a HUGE amount of discs out there so you will get a lot of recommendations. None of them are magic, all of them require you to execute the throw.

The same disc doesn't necessarily do the same thing for different players, particularly for different skill levels, and techniques. Even when two different players release a disc at about the same speed, some players naturally impart more or less spin than others. That affects the flight of the disc. What's flippy for one, might go lazer straight for someone else.

And you gotta execute a good throw if you want any disc to go straight.

Last edited:
While I agree with this statement.

If the potential high for either loss or serious damage to the disc, the Mako (not the "3", never thrown a "3") is a great option.

I have felt a Mako and yeah it looks like a faster Areo. The Mako 3 would then loose the glide from the dome so... a tad faster from the beginning?

Another great putter like midrange that I have seen used is a Skeeter, my dad had a DX one from about the run that had the logo on it until he found it overlapped too much with the Rubber Putter he was using for non hyzer approach stuff so he gave the disc to my brother who did not like it. The disc flew as if you made putter with midrange speed to it, but it is not a faster speed 5 it is the slower speed 5 tier in the way the Innova chart is set up.

Due to how the disc is set up,you should be able to use the Skeeter as an emergency wind putter due to being wider rim then most putter's. The Skeeter is like a faster Areo/Dart anyhow.

If you can find it The Wham-O Maxflight is a good but odd option. Somebody has the TRC or MTA record with a Maxfight according to the box. I saw one in a Target in 2018, it is like a 190 gram max diameter no bead Comet but only sold at the 160-165 gram weight set.

Last edited:
I didn't read the entire thread so not sure if it was mentioned but the MVP atom thrown flat and smooth with a fan grip goes perfectly straight and does not fade. My neutron will also hold pretty much any line I put it on. An Axiom theory is another option, or a Tangent, or an axis, or a virus thrown standstill would work..and I'm sure these have been mentioned but the Mako3, Wombat3, z glo meteor, comet, archer.. Anything understable thrown with a bit of hyzer and a clean release should pop up and go lazer straight before a small dump at the end that you control with the angle of hyzer release.

Its shallow, similar to axiom Proxy in the way that flight stays pretty similar no matter how much/little power you use, made in premium easy to see plastic that changes very slowly.

I don't have a super strong backhand it's getting better. That said I can't throw a buzzz dead straight like a lot of players can. I have been using a comet as a dead straight mid. Using a seasoned proto luna for dead straight putter shots

I love that this thread is from 2014 and we're still just hammering away.

I love how some people seem to have to post in a thread to let everyone else know the thread is still alive.

uh, Thanks? :confused:

I love how some people seem to have to post in a thread to let everyone else know the thread is still alive.

uh, Thanks? :confused:

It's cool that it's old. It's also kind of funny it's still getting kicked around. Solid topic for sure but for the people still answering OP's question... He may have decided on one by now haha

It's cool that it's old. It's also kind of funny it's still getting kicked around. Solid topic for sure but for the people still answering OP's question... He may have decided on one by now haha

I know and he might not even be on here anymore.

It was somebody else that needed a disc like this later who posted on here, hoping for more real answers and not just the old ones, some of those people are more likely to have a current answer as Innova the discs for some mold change drastically over the years. They were not wasting the space on a new thread when this has the exact title they wanted.

Last edited:

Most people are responding to new OP (waggonab) - hence Jay Dubs point:|