• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] My search for perfect lazer straight mid-range

Be aware, though. There are a HUGE amount of discs out there so you will get a lot of recommendations. None of them are magic, all of them require you to execute the throw. I just lost my straight midrange; it didn't go straight. :( 100% my fault, I tried to throw it too hard, dropped my shoulder, got it too high, hit a tree on the right, ricocheted to the left into an overgrown gorge never to be seen again.

This guy's a treasure, I can't help but nice-ing almost every one of his posts. :thmbup:

This guy's a treasure, I can't help but nice-ing almost every one of his posts. :thmbup:
I mean it was a story about screwing up a throw with a seasoned 167g DX Ontario Roc and losing it. I want to give it a :thmbdown: .

I coulda swore it was going to go straight...

Has anyone said Evidence yet, because it's the Evidence.

I agree, BUT he says a Mako3 is fading hard. So while Evidence is the correct answer for you and me, it's probably not the right answer for the dude who necroed this thread

My thread is back from the dead!

As many have said a lot depends on form, technique and power. That said, through extensive testing I have found the following discs to be very straight with a lower power requirement.

Mako3
Tangent
Claymore
Proxy (putter but can be used as slow mid)

At one time I was using the Tangent as my straight mid but once I got a proxy if found them to similar (both straight with minimal fade and the distance was very similar with the Tangent only going slightly longer). My straight mid is now a Claymore as it gives more distance and gives better distance separation from the Proxy. I could swap out my Claymore for a Mako3 and not miss a beat. All good discs.

For my super straight shots from slow to fast

Glow Nova- - Plasma Proxy- - Ti Buzzz SS- - Z Undertaker- - ESP Thrasher

I have recently bought a Mako 3 and it has a huge fade. It's the last disc I own that I'd want to use for a straight through a tunnel of trees shot. I'm with 46Yearoldslinger. I want something that will go straight and stay straight!

Is it by any chance a Champion Mako3?

Infinite Anubis, give it a tiny hyzer and it will barely turn and hardly fade.

Just thought of a disc, the Spider as you can use a DX well, this is a faster less OS version of this. Shark and Shark 3, though the Shark 3 is less OS due to having a flat top so it needs less power.

Seasoned Rocs for me. I used to throw flat top glow dx ranchos. Now that I've lost all of those, I'm throwing dx roc3s. They start out with some fade, but beat to straight over time.

The three I can pretty much count on to go straight:
Champion Panther
Champion Super Stingray
Max weight g star Wedge

Seasoned Roc should be the only answer.

While I agree with this statement.

If the potential high for either loss or serious damage to the disc, the Mako (not the "3", never thrown a "3") is a great option.

Latest posts