• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name the hardest and easiest course you have played

To revisit this... this weekend at the Lake Marshall Open we will unveil the Lions in its complete form. 12093 feet Par 72. I expect par to be rated above 1000. Course is currently trending towards the top ranking on this site once it has sufficient reviews. Video should be available within a week or two.

Easiest - Washbourne Park - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6709 Hard to call it a course although a great place to increase my ace count to stupid levels.

Easiest that is actually fun to play and averaging 4.4 on Udisc at the moment - Sherwood Pines - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=11961 Really fun 9 holer in Sherwood Forest, first hole is a whopping 82ft and yet it's great fun throughout.

Hardest is probably Quarry Park Black layout - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2398 - at the moment, plays about 970/980 to par and is more of a mental test than an ability one, it just keeps coming at you with no light relief holes, if you're off your lines you're dropping shots.

I'm in the process of building a wooded course just down the road from Quarry Park with a planned Gold layout that on the original cut was aiming for 1000 rated to par of around 65 but we have lost some land for ecological reasons so it might be a little below this in both par and rating, should still be pretty special!

Easiest I've played is Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (Jackson, WY), mostly because par is set so horribly. It's a Par 61 but feels like a Par 54.

Hardest? Man, I'm probably going to sound like a homer but The Fort (Ogden, UT) is just an absolute beast from the Gold tees. It has changed so much since the Utah Open back in 2019. I am excited to see how the pros play it at Worlds this year.

To revisit this... this weekend at the Lake Marshall Open we will unveil the Lions in its complete form. 12093 feet Par 72. I expect par to be rated above 1000. Course is currently trending towards the top ranking on this site once it has sufficient reviews. Video should be available within a week or two.

One over was right around 1000 for the weekend.
event

Zach Melton ace was a big bonus for our video coverage...

One over was right around 1000 for the weekend.
event

Zach Melton ace was a big bonus for our video coverage...

Oooof!
This noodle arm would probably find it challenging to keep my score in double digits.

What a great question. From my perspective, it goes like this...

9-hole courses:
The easiest 9-hole I've played is Brielle Park in Brielle, NJ because it's all flat with just a few trees in a tiny neighborhood park.
The toughest 9-hole that I've played is Chimney Rock in Bridgewater, NJ because it has most of the features that one would expect to find in a good 18-hole course crammed into half the size.

18-hole courses:
The easiest 18-hole I've played might be Moore Township DGC in Bath, PA due to the open and largely flat nature of the holes.
The toughest 18-hole course I've played could very well be Iron Hill in Newark, DE. My dad and I will be playing there in about a month for our yearly Fathers' Day visit, and we both expect to play quite badly because we intentionally choose the gold layout!

hardest probably gateway in the fort worth area (old layout) in 54 holes 20 bogies a dbl and a triple and not a single birdie. easiest is ash lake 9. handicap accessible all short mostly open or possibly tommy and sue brown in dfw. 6 very short holes

Hardest - Either IDGC Jackson or Hornets' Nest. Slightly different challenges.

Easiest - Northwestern Middle School in Milton, GA. 6 wide open, short holes. Easiest public park course would be either Victory Street Park in Aberdeen, MD, or Maple Creek Park in Dacula, GA. Both excellently done beginner courses.

Easiest:
Pick any random elementary school course on my played list

Hardest:
Idlewild. I left that course physically and mentally exhausted... in a good way

Hardest would probably be Nevin NC. It's the most frustrated I have ever been on a course.

Honorable mentions - The Bear WI, Iron Hill DE and Nockamixon PA.

Still amusingly remember reading the score card at Maple Hill. It was something like Red=easy, Blue=challenging, Gold=good luck! That said, Maple Hill is not a brutal course. Just thought the card was funny.

The course I lost the most plastic on was Selah Ranch. Between the two courses, I lost 5 discs in one day. No joke. All in the drink. Couldn't help myself. Packed a bag of back up discs so perhaps I asked for it.

Easiest. Right here in town. Balgriffin. Can't say I have played too many easy courses outside of Columbus. No point.

Hardest would probably be Nevin NC. It's the most frustrated I have ever been on a course.

Honorable mentions - The Bear WI, Iron Hill DE and Nockamixon PA.

Still amusingly remember reading the score card at Maple Hill. It was something like Red=easy, Blue=challenging, Gold=good luck! That said, Maple Hill is not a brutal course. Just thought the card was funny.

The course I lost the most plastic on was Selah Ranch. Between the two courses, I lost 5 discs in one day. No joke. All in the drink. Couldn't help myself. Packed a bag of back up discs so perhaps I asked for it.

Easiest. Right here in town. Balgriffin. Can't say I have played too many easy courses outside of Columbus. No point.
I lost a couple the day I played there lol

Easiest so far would be I guess any of the local 9 holes.

Hardest course I've played so far is Yulga in Steven's Point Wisconsin mostly because it seemed like every single tree was a magnet for my disc. Lots o' trees but extremely fun park that's also pretty technical. I've played Sandy Point but even that course wasn't so bad and not anywhere near a pro player.

Hardest: tie. Yeah, lame. I can't do it tho.

Between Whistler's Bend in the middle of a downpour and The Fort when the outside temp was 15° F. This was when I really learned about disc golf. I finished the round at Whistler's Bend in great spirits, bloodied but unbowed. The round at the Fort, was around last new years day, I finished but it was like McBeth at Ledgestone. Checked out and headed for the car at about hole 13 or so.

Easiest: Ken Caryl 9-hole.

Easiest so far would be I guess any of the local 9 holes.

Hardest course I've played so far is Yulga in Steven's Point Wisconsin mostly because it seemed like every single tree was a magnet for my disc. Lots o' trees but extremely fun park that's also pretty technical. I've played Sandy Point but even that course wasn't so bad and not anywhere near a pro player.

Try out Eagle Pines. It will surpass Yulga as the hardest. Bogeyville USA. :D

Latest posts