• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Naming your discs?

I have a wine colored champion Tee-Bird, everyone I've ever played with knows I call her "Ruby".

She's such magic, I've even putted with her when times got tough out on the golf course.

**Also, I think Latitude 64 owes me money or something.**

My beloved FLX pred that has been thrown as a thumber disc for going on 5 years is known only as, "Brenda" .. She's a sturdy bitch. Everyone I play with knows what I am throwing when I start rummaging through my bag and say, "C'mere Brenda"

I also have 2 Z Buzzzes (that I no longer carry) that are the same color, weight, and have the same stamp color. I just call them Thing 1 or Thing 2.

Those are the only discs with names.

I just say my vector is my vector not Victoria. Honestly though I just call it by what the mold's name is unless its a **** disc. Then I just call it a **** disc.

I used to have a horrendous smelling pink jk valkyrie that I called "Stinky Pink" :\

My friend up here has a white Star Skeeter. He loves throwing nice buttery annies on our local woods courses with it. It started out as Star Skeeter McGavin, next it was DeathStar Skeeter McGavin and now it is "The Original" DeathStar Skeeter McGavin. He wrote "The Original" on the disc yesterday, it ended up in the pond twice and he found it twice.

I got another wizard... it's a white S wizard... It's not exactly white or grey... kind of a sweet inbetweener, I named it Gandalf xD

I have a Blue DX Roc that's called scratchy because of all the time I've run it through and into trees :)

I usually talk to my putters as either Big Ern ("I need you now! More than ever, I need you!") or Judge Smails, but I don't think I've named any of them. I have sworn at them on several occasions though.

I usually talk to my putters as either Big Ern ("I need you now! More than ever, I need you!") or Judge Smails, but I don't think I've named any of them. I have sworn at them on several occasions though.

Speaking of Judge Smails, my trusty and magical Pro Rhyno is my Billy Baroo. Only disc with a name other than the one given to them.

i call my XXX sasha grey! cuz it is hot, flat, hardcore and always dirty.
Nikon00001782.jpg

My FLX Pred that I have used for thumbers since FLX was released is fondly known as Brenda.

i've had both my "go to" putters for a while now...
white gateway magic is Alice (in chains).
black gateway magic is Lotion (it puts the lotion in the basket...)

Latest posts