• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NC

Hey what's with the high saturation of Concord/Kannapolis/Landis boys for an NC meetup? We gotta get a good 18-holer in OUR area, fellas. I mean, if Albemarle can have Fox Chase.......

Any former South Rowan Raiders in the house?

the guy without a number is a Rowan Co. native. I asked him if he went to Brown and he said no. I can't remember where said he went to HS. I do know he got summoned for jury duty (his wife called). he was my doubles partner and needless to say we didn't do so well after that call.

Good thing me and bikinjack weren't there. We would have just added to the pale, pasty white guy crew. Picture would have turned out over-exposed with all that glare.

LOL? What forbidden area of the Hogwarts campus are you playing in? Oh...I keep forgetting I quit my job and play golf during the day! :thmbup:

So, all I know is Brother Dave has on a Phillie's hat and I know Keltik from dubs, but I don't recognize anyone else. Where's the key for the picture???

A. BrotherDave 6
B. chain-addicted 9
C. cvlngnir 8
D. DiscChucker 1
E. Frank Delicious 5
F. jedwards 2
G. keltik 7
H. Ordered Chaos 3
I. Script 4

here it is

What they (whoever they is) need to do is turn No-Cab into an 18 holer. Plenty of room in that park for it.

Well...that has always been the hope. BUT, with the lack of success of the Cabarrus County Disc Golf Club it doesn't look like there has been enough interest in this area. It was rumored that they were going to start it back up this year but it has yet to happen :thmbdown:

Hey what's with the high saturation of Concord/Kannapolis/Landis boys for an NC meetup? We gotta get a good 18-holer in OUR area, fellas. I mean, if Albemarle can have Fox Chase.......

Any former South Rowan Raiders in the house?

Class of '95!!! Richie "Guy in fox shirt" also went to south. Also, contrary to popular belief he is a member of DGCR just not very active on the site.

As far as an 18 hole course in our area, yes plans are for one at N. Cabarrus but that may never happen. I went to Dan Nicolas Park a couple weeks ago and could just imagine an 18 holer there if not 36 holes. If you look on a GIS map you can see they are only using like half of the land available to them right now.

I sent an email to some guy in the Rowan Co. Parks and Rec. and he said they have considered it but first up is 9 holer in some little park in downtown Salisbury. :thmbdown: Don't they understand the money would be so much better spent on a pro level course or two at Dan N. which could easily host an A tier or NT event? :wall:

Class of '95!!! Richie "Guy in fox shirt" also went to south. Also, contrary to popular belief he is a member of DGCR just not very active on the site.

Class of err.....( )!!! I played basketball for Coach Parker there more than a few years back. I believe he was coaching his son Adrian there around '95.

I sent an email to some guy in the Rowan Co. Parks and Rec. and he said they have considered it but first up is 9 holer in some little park in downtown Salisbury. :thmbdown: Don't they understand the money would be so much better spent on a pro level course or two at Dan N. which could easily host an A tier or NT event? :wall:

Whether it's unwise or not, I'm intrigued by this downtown 9-holer idea. This is the first I've heard of it. Perhaps it will be an upgrade over Kelsey Scott in both quality and location?.....Anybody know the exact spot?

Whether it's unwise or not, I'm intrigued by this downtown 9-holer idea. This is the first I've heard of it. Perhaps it will be an upgrade over Kelsey Scott in both quality and location?.....Anybody know the exact spot?

Me too -- and no. I have been trying for the last 30 minutes to try to find any mention of this to no avail.

Well...that has always been the hope. BUT, with the lack of success of the Cabarrus County Disc Golf Club it doesn't look like there has been enough interest in this area. It was rumored that they were going to start it back up this year but it has yet to happen :thmbdown:

I'd just like to see some long, arcing anhyzer and hyzer fairways mixed in at North Cabarrus. (And no, little hole # 6 doesn't count)

There are too many "straight ahead" drives or only slightly turning drives at NoCab.

Latest posts