• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a good understable Mid. Suggestions?

I've had a Fuse in my bag for a couple years and I would have said to get one of those in a heartbeat, but just got a Tangent and am seriously doubting my dedication to the Fuse.

Definitely don't get the Wolf, get a Stingray.

It flies so much nicer than a Wolf, so much glide.

The Tursas is a fantastic disc, and is very workable depending on the hyzer release. I'm also very fond of the champ panther. Can't go wrong with either.

It might just be me but most holes I come across are usually in the 250-375 range, which makes mids my favorite discs. I hate High speed drivers. To each their own tho.

My answer to your question tho: The Tursas is my new favorite disc, its already my hot new disc this season. I used to throw a meteor and liked it but have switched to a mostly Euro bag.

It's all about which courses you play. My favorites have many holes that 360 is average to short. I'm in Kentucky and we have long rolling hills great for Disc Golf.

That's the second Tursas suggestion. I will have to check it out. Where do you buy a Tursas?

It's looking like it's between the Tursas, Tangent and Meteor. I'm not a big fan of Innova mid range discs anyway.

x stratus is a little long for a mid, but even powered down will still hold an anny line/end to the right (for rhbh). at least for me.

Check out a Crosslap Lucky...I think it's by far the best understable midrange on the market. Everyone that's tried it has one in their bag. They have a great feel and flight. German plastic for the win!! :)

glad to see so much Tursas Love!
-discgolfcenter is where I got mine but most online retailers have them. In TP plastic they look stunning and feel great

If you wanna go the tursas route I know where to get a sweet pink vip plastic one. I threw one for a little while but now I jus use my beat up Roc3. It was a fun disc an felt great to throw

ABC discs flying squirrel is an amazing disc. Much like a champ stingray yet cheap and easy to find.

Flying Squirrel. Yes.

Understable out of the box. Two grades of premium plastic. Long for a midrange but powers down well, too. It is touchy, but aren't most truly understable discs? The Squirrel will hold a long sweeping hyser if you follow through on plane. Hyser-flips to straight and long turn overs from flat with height.

Gold line is my favorite. The platinum line plastic is slightly less understable, in my opinion, and consequently a bit more forgiving.

I personally like a Proline Squall from DGA. They are extremely versatile discs that can hold an anhyzer very well, as well as hold a line for those tunnel shots. THE best disc for one disc rounds due to its versatility.

Latest posts