• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

need a mid range

first fix your form with....... a COMET

yeah if you can't throw a comet on a hyzer flip at least 250 then no more stable plastic until you learn to make the discs fly the way you want them to fly.

first fix your form with....... a COMET

This is good avice. I suggest an X comet, as the Z comet can be pretty high speed stable. You want to learn to throw long slow hyzers with an understable mid to fix your form.

The discraft instructional videos are awesome. Some of the earlier ones have kinda crappy quality, but they are fun to watch, and as you learn more, you can take more away from them. Try watching some of the ones with scott papa, the guy with the colorful hair. He does a lot of form type stuff.

I'm in the minority here but I learned with a Cobra. It was was the first Disc I ever owned, easy to learn with, and it's still a staple to this day. Might even be my most used Disc.

Groove.

I only get about 175 outa mine. Your results may vary.

Not much I can other than what others have said already, but if you're distance is under 200', then you'll want to stay with slow discs. It really doesn't take much effort to throw over 300' consistently once you get some things corrected. I know it can be frustrating to go backwards and just throw stuff like a comet, fuse, and various putters, but it'll pay off big in the end. Get a stack of 3-5 of each of these disc types and just throw them over and over in a field. You may turn and burn in the beginning, but you WILL adjust to it and you'll notice differences. Also, try to throw at something in field so you can work on accuracy while learning to throw properly, this should help with alignment, plus it provides another point of reference. Again, read those articles from Blake on DGR to gain more understanding of throwing mechanics and it'll shorten your learning curve.

Latest posts