• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a replacement Forehand disc...Any suggestions?

climbingbubba

Birdie Member
I lost my 171 champ teebird today which I was using for my low semi straight shots and now I want to replace it. I wasn't totally in love with the Teebird anyway so this gives me a good opportunity to try something new.

So any suggestions? Im looking for something a little longer and if possible, straighter but i don't want to comprimise any in stability. I already have a banshee to cover my very overstable forehand shots and it does a beautiful S curve for me.

So after reading a ton of other threads and doing a bunch of research i have found these. Do any of them sound like something i should get?

S-PD
Z predator
Innova Orc
Innova FL

I think that staying at or below speed 10 would be my best bet.

oh also what about a millenium S or Q Orion LF? So far it and the S-PD are looking the most probable.

I have NO forehand. But I have a buddy with a really accurate forehand. He throws a Z Wildcat straight as an arrow up to about 250'. Most accurate foehand shot I have seen. Straight as an arrow with almost no fade. Never heard of a Wildcat until he started threadiong that SOB through the trees. Worth a look.

SPD, OLF, Starfire, and Orc would be my recommendations. The Pred has a sharp rim that bothers some people (including me) for FH.

Try a Skeeter, may not be as long as the Teebird but if you like your forehand this disc is perfect for accuracy and stability.

I mostly use this for up shots around 250' and closer. (I throw a Forehand upshot)

try a starfire. my only problem with a tbird fh is the rim is not that great. i love it for a bh but for the fh a good solid rim is key. i will throw a understable disc like a beast with a good rim better that a more stable disc with a thin rim.

I don't throw forehands anymore, but when I did I loved Star Starfires, Champion Orcs and Champion Wraiths. Any of those three will do you well if you have good snap and minimal OAT.

I Thrown fh only with a Z flick for distance or approach with benders nowadays but think an Orc would fit in nicely. I have a tough time throwing mids and approach fh.

the crush.
not sure why, but i love this disc for the straight w/ stability and just a lil fade at the end, trusty into headwinds that are less than 15mph, still straight with a tailwind

its what the teebird is described as flight wise - but to me, the crush lived up to the hype more-so

Thanks guys, I should say I already have a Star Starfire and I use it for the more wide open holes. When i throw it low and flat it goes about 250 and then fades hard. If i give it a little height it does a nice mellow S curve and i can get it out 300 or so.

Im mainly looking for something a little straighter and perhaps slower than the starfire.

Any comparisson between the S or Q Orion LF VS. S-PD? Which one would be more of a low flying straight disc with a touch more stability than a Teebird?

Come to think of it, a Tracker might be what you are looking for. Comes in either ESP or Z plastic. A pretty straight flyer for me thrown FH.

Thanks guys, I should say I already have a Star Starfire and I use it for the more wide open holes. When i throw it low and flat it goes about 250 and then fades hard. If i give it a little height it does a nice mellow S curve and i can get it out 300 or so.

Im mainly looking for something a little straighter and perhaps slower than the starfire.

Any comparisson between the S or Q Orion LF VS. S-PD? Which one would be more of a low flying straight disc with a touch more stability than a Teebird?

I realize I already said this, but just buy another Teebird. So many people use them, and you already know how to throw it, so replace it in your bag. If you want to try something new, do that too...but no reason to "replace" this disc. I have some DGR P PD's and they are great fun to throw. Definitely worth checking one out.

Do you really not have backups for your discs? How do you practice?

I really like the Z Predator for forehand shots...I use my Flick for areas where it has room to work or in a situation where I really need it to crash hard at the end. One of my buddies throws his orc forehand with great results...seems to go straight with some pretty impressive glide. If you want to step up another notch (I know you said speed 10 and under) the teerex is another great option.

I realize I already said this, but just buy another Teebird. So many people use them, and you already know how to throw it, so replace it in your bag. If you want to try something new, do that too...but no reason to "replace" this disc.

This is really good advice.

I have a 150g Champ Leopard that is $$$. But it was in a God awful chameleon tie dye color. It could find a way to hide in every kind of spot, even in the middle of a fairway. So I got another. And it came in almost the same chameleon-like tie dye. :mad: Why would a disc company even make a disc in those colors? :wall: Anywho, rather than get a 3rd in a solid bright color, I decided to try to find a replacement of a different mold. At the same time I discovered and fell in love with Discraft. So I figured I would be able to replace my most dependable disc with something completely different. Dozens of discs later, the Champ Leopard is back in the bag.

Replace the Teebird with a Teebird. Maybe try a different plastic. Star instead of Champion. And maybe get something else/similar to experiment with. Tracker, its what I've replaced my Teebird with.

Latest posts