• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need opinions: OVERstable mid range.....

mesaranger

Par Member
Ok so I am looking for a seriously over stable mid range. I had a Demon, like the disc and its flight. However I HATED :shock: the stamp and really the name sux imo.

With that being said I need to find another mid range with that kind of overstable flight. If you have never thrown a Demon, well, its VERY overstable. I had heard that a gator was overstable like the demon, bought one, and yeah not even close. So if ya have any thoughts I would love to hear them.

Thanks,

D

I've heard that the drone is a more overstable wasp, so that might work out. They only make it in D plastic though.

maybe when you tried the gator you didn't get the gator x. the gator x has a bead on the bottom and is really stable. maybe you can try a viper. however the viper is a large diameter disc and that is something you may not be interested in.

Keep us posted on your results. I am especially interested in how the Drone works for you as I have been interested in trying one out.

I just picked up a drone last week. It is overstable, but not demon overstable. I feel that my champ gator x is more overstable (and shorter/less glide) than the drone. It also doesn't feel comfortable in my hand for some reason.

Try one of the new Star Whippets... CFR discs... our club has about 20 of them arriving in about a week for a tourney coming up...

The Drone starts out OS but the D plastic breaks in fast at even it gets a bit flippy at higher speeds. I'm looking forward to trying the new Shockwave, only a few days away.

I wondered why the demon did not have a bible passage underneath. lol
funny story I first thought gateway was some cult disc company with the gateway name and disc called a demon. then I realized the gateway arch is where the name comes from. lol!

I didn't think the Drone lasted very long as an overstable disc. Made a nice stable disc but not even close to a Demon when it comes to overstable. I'd say the Demon is about as overstable as you can get with a mid. Whippet is a fairway driver but probably as close as you can get. Other than that, you start looking for overstable drivers and back down the power for a midrange shot.

Q-Sentinel > *

Nuff said.

Also Vipers are ridiculously over stable as well. They borderline fairway driver status however.

the regular run sentinel is pretty nice too! I have one of the original ones and they last forever, although they look like they have been through a lot and wont hold the line, but they do.

If you like the demon, just stick with it and take the stamp off.

Not liking the stamp or name is a lame reason to not throw a disc you really like.