• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] need putter for short right turn

Gateway Magic. Go with SS if you want to beat it in fast. I carry a SS and an S. Hyzerflip the SS to flat with a right turn at end of flight, or throw flat for a more pronounced turn. The Soft will still try to fight back if thrown with too little spin. They compliment each other well.

I grabbed a beat up 150 dx aviar out of my kids pile of discs for this shot. Thrown easy it turns over or holds short Anny's.

Forehand a Zone?

If that is out of the question, I'd say give a lid a try; Polecat is the way to go. Once you dial it in you won't know how you ever got by without one.

Do you practice with straddle putting and awkward position putting? This and any beat and beadless putter should help save throws.

Just re-read your post. Reading comprehension for the win. Wish I could edit my post but oh well.

For what you are looking at I'd just use a beat version of your normal putting putter or just spend some time working on the type of shot you are trying to make. What Van1 said is also good. Work on putting in odd ways so that if you find yourself on the course you at least have some familiarity with the shot you are trying to do. I feel adding a mold for a shot that specific may not be that effecient. I'd just do an anny putt with my Judges or a Polecat, depending on the green. Should end up with a drop in. With some work a turbo-putt could work as well, as it should fade to the right.

I get that shot a lot.
for me it is an Soft APX or BLOWFLY!!!

[EDIT]
Damnit, my post count is now above my courses played count...

Last edited:
30 - 60 feet? Nothing is going to have a sharp right turn without just rolling out in that short of a space. Just use your existing putter an tip in on an an-hyzer. The more stable disc will fight the an-hyzer and land flat. Why would you need a special disc? Why has no one mentioned this yet?

This is one of the problems I see in the equipment forums here. Instead of trying to manipulate the flight of discs with your skill, all the noobs think they need a different, special disc for every shot they can think of. What happened to making what you have work?

Last edited:
Without a doubt, the best disc for this is a beat DX Aviar P&A. I've got one that is almost 7 years old(first disc I ever bought) and it is money for short dogleg annys. I also use it for jump putts and spin approaches.

Lat 64 Spike also comes to mind, and would be more shallow than the Aviar.

Also, this. Although it helps to have an understable putter to get that sharp turn. That putter for me is a beat-to-hell DX Aviar.

30 - 60 feet? Nothing is going to have a sharp right turn without just rolling out in that short of a space. Just use your existing putter an tip in on an an-hyzer. The more stable disc will fight the an-hyzer and land flat. Why would you need a special disc? Why has no one mentioned this yet?

This is one of the problems I see in the equipment forums here. Instead of trying to manipulate the flight of discs with your skill, all the noobs think they need a different, special disc for every shot they can think of. What happened to making what you have work?

Like hammer said, any putter will pretty much work at this distance.

I use a beat D Challenger for this shot.

Like the Hammer said, I just tip it up on a more extreme anny angle. It will usually hold a nice anny line for about 80-90% of the flight and then smoothly fight out of it; landing flat if it's low to the ground or doing a parachute drop onto the target if its higher in the air when it flexes.

I kept messing with alot of putters and the Chally just felt the best to me and it kept coming back as the best option (just controlling a beat version of a stable putter).

Guys! I recently picked up a few sonics. one 136g, one 150g, and one 172g. these things are amazing. I've been making more long putts than ever before. takes so little power to get them going, and if you want, they turn right for ever, but its a light easy controllable turn that just floats. They might even kick the pures out of my bag... is that bad?? lol

I'm looking to add a putter, presumably understable, for short, but hard right turns. The course I play on most has a lot of trees. I regularly find myself with a 30-60 foot putt with a tree in front of me, needing to go to its left, and sometimes forehands are impractical. So what can I throw low power, turns right, lands flat instead of rolling, and won't blow by the basket

Slower and shallower is better for my purposes. I'm thinking something with little high speed stability but maybe some low speed stability.

Suggestions?

I suggest learning an anhyzer putt and jump putt for the specific scenario you described. Throwing something will be less accurate at such a short range.

Latest posts