• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Needing a new putter

I mean if you really want soft and grippy, grab a Gumbputt or Blowfly. Neither will go anywhere when they hit the ground (usually) and if you are out of room in your bag you can fold em up and pocket em.:)

every 6 months there will be a new putter. Pick one putter and learn it.

He's right you know. Start switching now and in two years you'll still be making this thread. With a longer list of what you used to have. Make a pros/cons board for a few of your top choices and stick with that choice for a minimum of a year.

Consider some soft models from discraft though. That's my advice. Focus or magnet. Maybe challenger if you want more overstable.

Pro shop on Riverside by Griggs has both MVP and Vibram. Mike and Jeremy are also the two guys that work the "booth" at Blendon, and Jeremy uses nothing but Vibram for this reason.

Thanks for letting me know about the pro shop. I play Blendon a few times a week and I have never seen anyone or anything in that booth? Nor do I ever see people pay to play.

Make a pros/cons board for a few of your top choices and stick with that choice for a minimum of a year.

Thats what I am trying to do. Since I have only ever used aviars I am trying to see what I want to test. I like the way my aviar fly's, just not the grip.

The omega ss or super soft magnet are basically floppy aviars. I used to use the magnet, but the floppy plastic makes for wobbly push putts. Fair warning.

Cant go wrong with a Vibram!

I have every mold they have made and will continue to buy all they do, that being said... If you are looking for stable to understable I would suggest a ridge. It has a beading in between the VP and the almost non existent beading of the summit allowing for a stable finish but will hold an anny for a decent amount of time. If you like the summit though, I would say go with that.

My tourney bag has two VPs both regular Xlink and a soft summit and regular summit for the anny shots. If it feels right go with it no matter what the brand though.

I used to use a Gumbputt exclusively, but finally realized it was too floppy for push putts. So I got a Pro Rhyno and really like it. I used to hate Aviars, but I tried an RPro Aviar and bought it. Then I got an RPro Dart. Then an Omega SS. A Vibram VP. Use 'em all. Currently lusting for a Banger GT and Ion.

every 6 months there will be a new putter. Pick one putter and learn it.

this. I use Yeti's, but that is a very personal decision. The best way to do it is try as many as you can, find one you like, and stick with it. Buy several in the same mold/weight/plastic and use them all the time.

Thanks for letting me know about the pro shop. I play Blendon a few times a week and I have never seen anyone or anything in that booth? Nor do I ever see people pay to play.

They only work the booth in the warm weather months, probably soon. When nobody is there you are supposed to drop $1.50 in the honor box that is hanging just off to the side.

My favorite putter i've ever thrown was a gumbputter, hard to find, usually on ebay or amazon, but great discs, collapse on contact and very sticky. Check 'em out.

if there is any wind my gumbputt (173g) takes off...great putter but it it the wind's b*tch....my 2cents...my anode will NEVER leave my bag!! love her!!:thmbup:

Swan2 or Zero Pure. Firm enough plastic that it doesn't flop around on approaches, but nice and grippy for putts or bad weather. And everyone I've ever tried has felt the same. Just order one and relax.

Don't forget to check the Marketplace. I saw someone selling some soft magics for $6 or both for $10. No harm getting slightly used putters. The more you have (even in different molds), the more you can practice.

The others are right that the anode and other MVP discs will skip and slide away if you have asphalt or hard ground by the basket. The anode is great for driving though.

Went to my local proshop yesterday. Bought their last soft Summit and I love it. Was thinking about getting a soft magnet and an anode also but I just didnt have the cash for all 3. The anode seems like it would be a great driving putter, felt super solid in my hand. Soft Magnet felt great also, but not like the soft Summit.