• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Neutral Putter

I think a beadless putter might be a good option for you. discs like the wizard with the bead on the bottom are designed to go left. Straighter putters tend to not have the same feel but will have the flight you are looking for. There is an endless amount of options really to consider and some will even have a bead like the wizard does but not quite as pronounced.

MVP:
Anode
Proxy
Atom

Vibram:
Summit
Sole

Legacy:
Clutch

Latitude:
Spike
Mercy

Someone suggested an Omega earlier. Those fly like beat in Wizards and they are great hit and stick discs until you season in your Wizard.

way to many options to list, but what i familiar with...

Voodoo - has a micro bead instead of the massive bead like the wizard
Warlock/ aviar pna- both beadless almost identical feel
magic - starts dead straight but gets flippy quick in s blend plastics

My current favorite is the RDG Serpent its a magic bottom with a new top they designed, with a "thumbtrack" Dead straight with just a tiny fade at the end

You can also try to focus more on the snap with a slower arm speed and maybe a slight anhyzer. That'll keep a wizard straight for shorter flights.

if you want a truly neutral putter its the Nova.

but be careful of what you ask for because the nova is truly neutral where you'll know instantly how you released it with how many degrees of hyzer/anhyzer you put on it in its resulting flight. it doesn't hyzerflip or turnover. its basically a stiff aviar with an overmold in shape but is truly neutral. the other weird part is that since is so firm you can really power for drives.

it rewards commitment (in your form) where if you don't throw smooth and committed it'll let you know. it also just hits and skids to a stop quickly or just sits, so you have to throw it right at your intended target where with things like the aviar you have to take in account skip.

Definitely try the Warlock. Much less fade than the wizard. I'm surprised you haven't tried them as they are from the same company...

if you want a truly neutral putter its the Nova.

but be careful of what you ask for because the nova is truly neutral where you'll know instantly how you released it with how many degrees of hyzer/anhyzer you put on it in its resulting flight. it doesn't hyzerflip or turnover. its basically a stiff aviar with an overmold in shape but is truly neutral. the other weird part is that since is so firm you can really power for drives.

it rewards commitment (in your form) where if you don't throw smooth and committed it'll let you know. it also just hits and skids to a stop quickly or just sits, so you have to throw it right at your intended target where with things like the aviar you have to take in account skip.

Exactly my experience, also. Definitely try a Nova for neutral putter slot. The only reason I don't keep one in the bag is I prefer beaded putters/mids. They're pretty awesome for making a run at the basket from 100-250 out and not fearing overdriving or skipping/sliding too far.

nova?

6fea2600ee48b7315640ed8fd708779953d34e434c04cc23e9313c0f5205bcf0.jpg

get a polecat.

you're already putting with a lid-like disc. granted the configuration of the rattler and polecat are super different, but it's worth a shot.

and you want something neutral for upshots. boom. polecat.

Can't say enough good about the Atom. The feel of the plastic alone will get you hooked. The flight will keep you coming back for more.

The Voodoo is essentially a beat-in Wizard.. same shape, just sans bead. It's pretty much dead neutral and does not feel any different.

I second this. I use the voodoo for putting as well as short approaches and it is awesome!

Thank you all for your opinions. I may be changing over my putter aswell. I use a Rattler because the DG shop I was using in Arizona had a special UV memorial mold.. u bought two but I'll have to replace it soon. Used my budders Anode today and it was pretty nice. Stayed on the line I put it on and didn't fade out much at all.we

Thank you all for your opinions. I may be changing over my putter aswell. I use a Rattler because the DG shop I was using in Arizona had a special UV memorial mold.. u bought two but I'll have to replace it soon. Used my budders Anode today and it was pretty nice. Stayed on the line I put it on and didn't fade out much at all.we

I love the Anode. If you liked it, go for one and you won't regret it. The harder you throw it, it still stays true, and fades even less...just holds the line. If it already seemed like it didn't fade much you'll like it more as you get used to one. Plus they don't really beat up much so they stay consistent. If you buy a base plastic neutral putter it will get more flippy as it dings up.

I used to be a Wizard guy. I switched to Judges because they had a more neutral flight, similar feel, have more glide when putting and I like the plastic more.