• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] New 2.2 cm Defy (or deny?)

Depends if domey fission or not and what wt. 165g should fly similar. Lighter less so due to photons being less HSS in lighter fission wts.

I have a ~155g Fission Photon and a 155g Neutron Defy. The Defy is much newer but it flies much more stable. The Defy isn't fully beat in to be fair though where the Photon I have been throwing for a while.

I picked up the Defy because of the flight path on in bounds. I also thought I had the power to make it fly like a longer Arch (which I toss 350 consistently). it flew the same as a beat TP Giant I have lying around.

I was disappointed in the rim depth and lack of dome on mine. I couldn't get a comfortable grip ro get it to fly over 350. :(

guess it's time to hit the weights and work on the timing. it may stick around, or find it's way to someone who will appreciate it more. we shall see.

Defy are flat like most all of MVP drivers and stable so that makes sense. The new faster models have dome and some other oddities here and there but in general MVP molds flat discs on the reg.

Defy and photons need to be mashed at 165g+ to fly well. They are great DDs for me at 425' max. Ill still crush a proto tesla or plasma volt frlm time to time given some tailwind due to the slight dome.

http://axiomdiscs.com

Sick new stamp, with a purple foil mohawk? Too cool. And it's being released on el Día de la Independencia. (Mexican Independence Day) Fitting for a disc that is defiant.

Last edited:
Axiom Defy

Those of you who are finding this disc too overstable, keep giving it a couple throws and it will settle in nicely. I have two in 173g and they fly straight like a laser beam and are consistent on turning over. I've done about 5 rounds with it as my main driver and a buddy I've played with for years commented that he doesn't think he's seen me throw a bad shot with it yet. I'm probably going to get a couple in the 165-167 range for Max Distance shots but I've been really impressed so far. For reference, my max distance on course is 400-420'

Those of you who are finding this disc too overstable, keep giving it a couple throws and it will settle in nicely. I have two in 173g and they fly straight like a laser beam and are consistent on turning over. I've done about 5 rounds with it as my main driver and a buddy I've played with for years commented that he doesn't think he's seen me throw a bad shot with it yet. I'm probably going to get a couple in the 165-167 range for Max Distance shots but I've been really impressed so far. For reference, my max distance on course is 400-420'

I agree, I worked mine in just a bit so that on a flat power throw it flies dead straight with a nice reliable fade right at the end.

But you need to give it a full form throw. If you want a sweeeeet defy, just go to VISION QUEST off hole 14....I threw one from the long black tee's....I didn't get enough power/follow-through so it's in the water now :( :(

So I sadly lost my 174g Defy.....so i picked up a couple more. One of them was a 164g. The wing itself looked a little more curved down (that i can remember). I took it out to a local course, only got a few throws in with it but IMMEDIATELY noticed more high speed turn. This is a whole 10 grams lighter. I wasn't sure what I would encounter. It still is plenty stable and actually I quite like the flight at the mid 160's.
But to make sure I had my options I also grabbed another 174g. I did not try that one yet, but I will say that the 164g was easier to get a long line shot on. With colder temps coming adding more clothes and less range of motion, the lighter disc is nice. Still stable, but surely more turn potential (not much FYI).

Threw a new N Defy today at a field, along with a Trespass and Force. I like the Defy better than the Tesla cuz it has a later fade and better glide. More stable to me than the Trespass and Force, but those have some dome and a lower PLH...so prolly not a good comparison other than speed and power requirement, the Force more so.

I plan to bag the Defy for flat rips and long straight flight before a late reliable fade. Along with hyzers, which is a no-brainer. Into a headwind? Maybe, but will have to see when I have the chance to actually throw it into a strong headwind.

Threw a new N Defy today at a field, along with a Trespass and Force. I like the Defy better than the Tesla cuz it has a later fade and better glide. More stable to me than the Trespass and Force, but those have some dome and a lower PLH...so prolly not a good comparison other than speed and power requirement, the Force more so.

I plan to bag the Defy for flat rips and long straight flight before a late reliable fade. Along with hyzers, which is a no-brainer. Into a headwind? Maybe, but will have to see when I have the chance to actually throw it into a strong headwind.

Defy handles headwind pretty well. Depending on the weight. I have a couple 173-175's and they laser into a headwind fairly straight, may turn a bit, but not much, always has that fade. Lighter weight flexes out a lil more. 164g has more turn but still fade. If wanting a head-wind defy, heavy neutron should do it

Defy handles headwind pretty well. Depending on the weight. I have a couple 173-175's and they laser into a headwind fairly straight, may turn a bit, but not much, always has that fade. Lighter weight flexes out a lil more. 164g has more turn but still fade. If wanting a head-wind defy, heavy neutron should do it

My Defy is 169g neutron. At 400' it has a small amount of turn with a very late fade, on a flat throw. But I've only thrown it in calm conditions at a field so far. I doubt it will hold up into a strong headwind, just from what I've seen so far.

My Defy is 169g neutron. At 400' it has a small amount of turn with a very late fade, on a flat throw. But I've only thrown it in calm conditions at a field so far. I doubt it will hold up into a strong headwind, just from what I've seen so far.

yeah, i mean for you and that disc weight etc it may not be a fighter. I also use an Outlaw or Stiletto for more overstable than Defy. Those work well as power drives into headwinds.

yeah, i mean for you and that disc weight etc it may not be a fighter. I also use an Outlaw or Stiletto for more overstable than Defy. Those work well as power drives into headwinds.

I have a Nitro which I'll probably plug into the headwind role. Slightly more OS than the Defy, and might be good enough. If not, back to FAF/high PLH Teslas.

I think the point is sweet colors.

Thead revive!

How are these flying for yall. My tests have shown new the thing is fast and stable.

Just got a 168 N defy, in a fairly funky Easter egg green core/purple rim. Haven't really thrown it yet, hurt my shoulder the other day and have been playing left handed and practicing lots of putting. Looking forward to throwing mine as maybe a go-to distance driver once my shoulder feels better, but the thing is a meat hook at my 200 foot left handed range lol
Love the sweet hyzer bombs from the Nitro and there isn't anything like crushing the Octane, but with my little hands (about the same size as average female hands) I can't get a great grip on the rim.

Update on the Defy. Didn't like this thing at all until really today, it was out to 325-350 and hard left turn and cruising for way too long in the wrong direction, now that's coming from 400 feet of power. Couldn't get any sort of distance out of the blasted thing for the life of me. So I gave it the ole carpet burn both on the top and on the bottom and that straightened it out nice. Really digging this disc now. Mines got a touch of turn and the fade is quite late in the flight. I've got 2 waves I'll compliment for US duties, thinking I may pick up another heavy Defy for straight to fade distance shots. Thing's got some serious glide now that I've gotten it straightened out, it really surprised me with the distances I was getting. Will probably eventually end up with two Defies for stable distance duties and Octane/Catalyst for max distance despite my tiny hands. These aren't the longest discs but boy are they easy to aim with some zip